Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Crossdressers and Makeup

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar
    I just wanted to add my thanks for all the help from our GWs! For those in the closet, needless to say it's hard to get advice and feedback -- and often fellow CDs can be a little "too supportive" and not mention things that maybe out to be mentioned.

So there's a need for a bit of the "What Not to Wear" treatment. To quote from the tagline the British version: "Your friends won't tell you when you're wearing something the makes you look horrible. But we're not your friends and we will." :evil: Although actually, I'd say that's the mark of a true friend.

BTW, I just wanted to echo what Amelie said, there are all sorts of looks and none of them makes anyone more or less of a "real" CD/TG/TS/DQ. But the key thing is that you're intending to look that way and are aware of how others may perceive you based on your apparence.
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com

I am still constantly learning and trying to improve my makeup techniques and color choices. I have actually violated both of your 'rules' myself.

I found that, despite everyone's admonition against using blue eyeshadow - especially when you have blue eyes - I've managed to pull it off and get compliments on it. On the other hand, I'm unhappy with my makeup in my avatar picture because I did use a bright pink blush (plus a couple of other mistakes).

The best tips I have found so far for both picking colors and application techniques have been from 2 sources:

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/learn/ar...AGETYPE=MAKEUP

and Art & Illusion: A Guide to Crossdressing by JoAnn Roberts.

Thank you, Tammie Marie, for caring enough to offer your advice on the matter. Even if some don't fervently agree with it, it is appreciated nonetheless.

Hugs,

Brandy Marie Devereaux
    Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness, heart, talent, guts. That's what little girls are made of; the hell with sugar and spice.

Proud Wife of Danielle65 Anita Mae GG's Avatar
    Massachusetts (on the Connecticut border)
    You're welcome. My thread was for those not intending to look ****ty or Goth but like the average woman, delicate and feminine.....and like Marlena said....some CD'd ARE too complimently and supportive even thought the other may look like a clown with their make-up....I think up front is the best policy. I'd rather someone tell me I need to work on it then go out and embarrass myself....best of luck all!!

To dream of the person you would like to be is a waste of the person you are.