Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressers and Makeup

Proud Wife of Danielle65 Anita Mae GG's Avatar
    Massachusetts (on the Connecticut border)

Crossdressers and Makeup

Ok I figured I'd jump out and say it.....

You CD'ers have to ease up on the makeup...not all of you..... but take these tips into consideration, you'll look a lot more feminine and less like a crossdresser.

Warm up the color tones....pink blush is soooo out as is BLUE eyeshadow. That HAS to go you guys...... Lipcolor is better with softer colors not BRIGHT red.

Here try these:

Lip colors: for all hair/skin types....try warm beiges, champagne colors, they can have a hint of pnik or even a darker plum color would be ok. Hot pink and red are out!

Eye Shadow: BLUE is 70's get rid of it!!! Try warm tones like beige, creme, peach, maybe a light brown or plum.

Blush....no pink!

Here is the key, the best makeup is natural and almost like you aren't waering any, it is to enhance what you have....don't cake it on ...that screams DRAG QUEEN!!. Less is more and definitely more natural.......

Hope this helps some of you....good luck and happy makeovers

To dream of the person you would like to be is a waste of the person you are.

Tammy,

I agree with what you said.

But my problem is that I don't use makeup every day, so I'm not real practiced with it. I admit when I started I was into the pink and red lipsticks and pink blush and I'm sure I still put my foundation on a little heavy.

While the facial hair on my upper lip and chin is not real thick, it is still pretty dark under the skin, so I use concealer and foundation over the concealer. It always appears too heavy but I hate seeing the dark/blue tint of my natural appearance.

One day, I'll have the courage to go to a makeup expert for personal advice, but for now I struggle through.

One comment on the area of the country I'm in (Oklahoma) and the ladies here. I do notice that more of the ladies over forty with middle class incomes who dress smartly do indeed wear their makeup a little heavy. I much prefer their look to the casual no makeup at all look. My wife generally wears just a thin layer of foundation, mascara, and lip gloss. For work or church she'll add some lipstick, a little blush and a little eye shadow.

Jenna

Make up

Thanks for the tip hon, but some of us "fetish crossdressers" go for the ****ty look. There is room in the world for all of us, but do appreciate your comments.

hey Tammy Marie or any and all....

i just got a red hair wig *i'm brown hair and eyes* and wonder if you have any suggestions on some light makeup to play with? i have medium toned skin...
    also, not being as young as i Once was...any suggestions as to eye liner and shadow types for skin that has had that "sunstretch" and is not so resilient as when a young pup?
    thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by cuteybobby
    i just got a red hair wig *i'm brown hair and eyes* and wonder if you have any suggestions on some light makeup to play with? i have medium toned skin...
    also, not being as young as i Once was...any suggestions as to eye liner and shadow types for skin that has had that "sunstretch" and is not so resilient as when a young pup?
    thanks!
    for the stretched skin try a cream for that, a firming cream...most brands make one maybe nutrogena would work best.

eye shadows I would stay with nuetral tones especially with a red wig......cream colored or beige.....

blush should be one shade off from your natural skin tone as to give it some color but not make you look like a clown either......

eyeline, black or brown, since you have brown eyes I would use brown.....i have blue eyes so i use black (enhances my eyes better)

I am not an expert in make up by any means....I just wanted you gurls to know that unless you wanted the "****ty" look as stated above....then you don't have to wear so much or so many dark colors....

foundations you can't get away from, you have to blend in and tone down the 5 o'clock shadow...... try that new stuff (not sure who makes it) but it is supposed to just blend beautifully...it is not a liquid or a powder but some kind of whipped foundation......

All else fail ask Bev GG she does makeovers for CD's, she could prob give great tips..hope you dont' mind the plug Bev

Quote Originally Posted by Rexy Lee
    Thanks for the tip hon, but some of us "fetish crossdressers" go for the ****ty look. There is room in the world for all of us, but do appreciate your comments.
    There is room for all!!! If that is what you like Go For It!!!!.....I was trying to reach out to those who want to blend in more and look more realistic and feminine.....

Good luck Rexy and Have Fun!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna1561
    Tammy,

I agree with what you said.

But my problem is that I don't use makeup every day, so I'm not real practiced with it.

Jenna
    I don't really wear make up either...only if I am going out with my husband. The MOST I use on a weekly basis (not even everyday) is eyeliner and that is it. Not blush, shadow, foundation...nothing.....just the liner to make me look alive and awake (have 4 kids so that is a feat in itself, lol)

But you are right PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!!!!!

thanks TammyGG....

If BevGG checks in, maybe she can suggest the name of that foundation...ii'm open to all suggestions! *i'll try the firming cream and let you know how it works!
    *hugs*

Ah-May-Lee
    Quote Originally Posted by Tammy Marie GG
    There is room for all!!! If that is what you like Go For It!!!!.....I was trying to reach out to those who want to blend in more and look more realistic and feminine.....

Good luck Rexy and Have Fun!!!!
    I agree that everyone has their own styles. But just because someone wears heavy make-up or colors that others don't like, this doesn't make them less feminine. If this was true then all my GG friends would be classified as less fem than other GGs in the world, just because of the make-up they wear. All women are fem, make-up doesn't make a woman more or less fem.

But I do know what you are saying, most Cds want to be like the women seen in shoping malls or just every day sort of women. Yes, these Cds would like your advise on make-up, it would be most helpful to them. But if these Cds came into a goth club they would look so out of place and would not blend in at all. It all depends on where one wants to blend in.

I do have one make-up tip that you also brought up. BLUSH. Like I said before, anyone can wear what they want to, but this is for those CDs that want to "blend" in, like the everyday women. Some CDs that I see out and about use blush too heavily, this makes them look out of place in their surroundings. This is the only thing that I see Cds do too much of, blush. But then again, maybe they want to use it heavily.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

[QUOTE=Amelie]
    But I do know what you are saying, most Cds want to be like the women seen in shoping malls or just every day sort of women.

[QUOTE]

These are the ones I am talking about...the ones who want to be like everyday women...not Goth, not fetish ****ty...just plain janes if you will....please don't take offense as I said in the opener.....NOT ALL do this, and some DO IT ON PURPOSE!!!!

Thanks for the input though...btw, likt your naem (pronounced emily?)

Ok I figured I'd jump out and say it.....

You CD'ers have to ease up on the makeup...not all of you..... but take these tips into consideration, you'll look a lot more feminine and less like a crossdresser.

Warm up the color tones....pink blush is soooo out as is BLUE eyeshadow. That HAS to go you guys...... Lipcolor is better with softer colors not BRIGHT red.

Here try these:

Lip colors: for all hair/skin types....try warm beiges, champagne colors, they can have a hint of pnik or even a darker plum color would be ok. Hot pink and red are out!

Eye Shadow: BLUE is 70's get rid of it!!! Try warm tones like beige, creme, peach, maybe a light brown or plum.

Blush....no pink!

Here is the key, the best makeup is natural and almost like you aren't waering any, it is to enhance what you have....don't cake it on ...that screams DRAG QUEEN!!. Less is more and definitely more natural.......

Hope this helps some of you....good luck and happy makeovers
    Tammy thanks, your comments are wellcome, you are talking about just what I am looking for, to blend in.

Thanks

Ah-May-Lee
    Yea Tammy, I understand what you were saying in your post. I just wanted to say my post before a chorus of CDs started to say what is fem and not fem with make-up application.

Amelie---ah-may-lee
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

Thanks very much for your input Tammy. I do understand exactly what you are saying about less being more. The problem with a cd trying to blend in is that we simply "can't" do it wearing little to nothing. I use as little as possible yet still have on much more than the average woman out there shopping. I have noticed that I do not have on much more than the women who are my age, 50+.

The biggest challenge with cd's trying to blend in with the use of makeup is contouring, raising our cheekbones, making our chin, jawbone and nose more subdued. This is a skill that requires a lot of practice and blending.

Sometimes I get finished with my makeup and I go outside in the sun with a mirror and I look as good as I believe I ever will. Sometimes I do the same and I look like crap. I have banged my head against the wall trying to figure out what I am doing wrong that I did not do the last time.

Time and practice will get me to the point where it only takes 20 min and I will have the look I want.

I am very good doing makeup on a GG who has my coloring and skin tones. Although my daughter has no idea that I am a cd, she loves for me to do makeovers on her once in a while. She thinks I know makeup because I used to do a lot of photography work with local models.

Thanks again for all you help Tammy.
    Last edited by Jennaie; 04-07-2006 at 12:49 PM.
    [SIZE="3"]Jennaie`[/SIZE]

Lucky for me, this is never going to be a problem. I hate bright colors, especially blue. And I really hate blush. All my makeup tends to be black and burgundy anyway, so it pretty much blends in with anything.
    Hail Satin!

Hi Tammy
    Thanks for all the tips, even if all the girls dont use them because of there situation.

You information is much appreicated
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Tammy What an excellent thread I have to concur, blue eyeshadow, especially applied to the whole eyelid, is just well.... not good *trying to use some tact here ya know* And blusher... it's not supposed to look like Aunt Sally (worzel gummidge). Tammy has given you some wonderful tips, I hope you all take note of them, we'll be checking the picture gallery
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Quote Originally Posted by Jennaie
    I am very good doing makeup on a GG who has my coloring and skin tones. Although my daughter has no idea that I am a cd, she loves for me to do makeovers on her once in a while. She thinks I know makeup because I used to do a lot of photography work with local models.

Thanks again for all you help Tammy.
    LOL Well at least you have a live subject to practice on besides yourself....

Quote Originally Posted by Amelie
    Amelie---ah-may-lee
    was curious cuz my daughters name is (em AH Lee) spelled Emalee and your name was one of the spellings I had considered...mostly because I was torn between Emily or Amelia...

Hi Tammy,

All that you wrote made sense. My only poblem is the perpetual 5:00 shadow no matter how much I shave. I usually put on orange flip lipstick on my face and rub it in (to help conceal the shadow) and then I put a lot of foundation on top of that. Everything else though, I go light on (i.e., eyeshadow, brown/beige) snd I use neutral colored lipstick and clear nail polish.

Question: You don't think too much foundation can give "dragqueen" look, do you? I don't want that look but I don't want the hadow either. Thanks.

Steffie
    Last edited by steffie39; 04-07-2006 at 02:22 PM.
    Hugs
    [SIZE="3"]Steffie[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Strength lies solely in tenacity.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Girls just wanna have fun![/SIZE]

My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/steffie.michaels

If I can make a suggestion for firming cream.....Olay Total Effects ..night firming creme...apply just before sleep

Quote Originally Posted by steffie39
    I'm sorry, Tammy, I spelled your name wrong in my last post. Force of habit for the speling. I always try and spell names correctly.
    You could always use the 'edit' button and correct it
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Tamara,
    Thank you very much for the advice. Generally, I want to have the "natural woman" look and that's what I strive for.
    warmly, Linnea

All else fail ask Bev GG she does makeovers for CD's, she could prob give great tips..hope you dont' mind the plug Bev
    Dont mind at all Tammy and boy what a thread. Look what you started, tee hee. Anyway, alot of very good advice there and if your ever at a loose end Tammy come and help me Im very busy at the moment and you sound like you know exactly what your on about when it comes to makeup.

When you think about it the most beautiful makeup applications that you see and admire the most on models and actresses are neutral, not colourful. The only way to shape the eye is by shading it with neutral shades such as taupe, brown, grey, beige, tan mahogany, redwood etc etc, the list of neutral colours and tones is endless. Eyeshadows are called shadows because they are just that, they help to build shape, movement and interest using shading, not colour. If I do use colours I keep them as subtle as I can otherwise the eye makeup design is more noticeable than the actual eye.

I tend to apply colour to the makeup, via the lips and cheeks, and if you apply yet more colour to the eyes, you can easily end up in overkill.

I do between 5 and 15 makeovers a week, the majority of them T Girls. I take their point about wanting to have bold makeup so that they can look tarty, and if thats what they want then what the hell, let em have it. It can take me along time and alot of patience to get a T Girl to trust me and go for a more classy subtle look, but if and when they do, they all comment on how much easier it is to apply it themselves. Bold colours are alot harder to blend together than neutral tones and a skill which even beauticians have to work alot harder at, so TGs are going to have to be quite skillfull to perfect putting eyeshadow on without having harsh lines, or very vivid eye colours.

I do my partners makeup for him now because he was making all the classic mistakes. He wasn't sure to start with, but having looked at old pics of his makeup, even he admits now that he has a much more natural look.
    Anyway hope that helps some.
    Take care
    BEVxxxx

Quote Originally Posted by cuteybobby
    If BevGG checks in, maybe she can suggest the name of that foundation...ii'm open to all suggestions! *i'll try the firming cream and let you know how it works!
    *hugs*
    Hi again,
    I have to admit Cuteybobby, that I do not know what that particular foundation is called. I have tried most things for beard cover, including some wierd and wonderful concoctions that ive made up myself. However, I keep coming back to Derma Blend. I dont even think that Mac comes anywhere close to the cover you get with Derma blend because Mac often shows up under foundation when using a flash for pics. My partner has a really dark shadow, and Ive found the following to work really well.

1. Apply a makeup primer or a light moisturiser to face and neck, but dont over do it otherwise you will get a nice shiney effect, and maybe some slippage. Dont forget the eyes as this all helps to give a good base for your eye makeup.

2. Apply Derma blend with a foundation brush to the beard area and neck. Anywhere on your face that has a shadow.

3. Apply a foundation that matches your skin tone exactly to the whole of your face and neck. I have found that using a damp makeup sponge the easiest way of doing this and gives a nice even cover. The damp sponge also stops the foundation from being totally absorbed into the sponge.

4. Apply a translucent powder over foundation to help set the makeup, prevent slippage, and give a nice matt finish, again dont forget the eyes.

Sorry if anyone thinks im being patronizing in thinking that you dont already know this, but some people do struggle with getting the base ready. Its like painting really, you wouldn't dream of putting gloss straight onto a painted surface, before you'd actually prepared it would you.

Anyway hope thats some help. BEVXXXX

Terri is my sweetie! BrendaB GG's Avatar
    One of the things that I always notice is eyebrows. I have been slowly working on Tori's eyebrows to get them to a more manageable shape. (didn't want to do it all at once so that nobody at work would notice!)

If at all possible, go and have a professional shape them for you. Eyebrows can really make or break a good look.

The other suggestion for those of you that are too shy to go into stores to look for makeup and skin care, maybe find a TG friendly Mary Kay consultant. That way you get to see and touch all the stuff before you buy. They will do one on one, or a whole group of your TG friends at once, maybe host a glamour party! Luckily for Tori, I'm a consultant, so she gets all her makeup at a discount.

My last suggestion , for the five oclock shadow, try CoverFX. here in Canada, its available at Shoppers Drug mart, not sure about the States.

Experiment and have fun with it!!
    Brenda