Thread: Outing by mistake

Banned Read only

Outing by mistake

Have you ever outed youself by mistake, or scared you might?

One of my fears is that when I'm drunk, or talking in my sleep, or an old man losing his brain I may tell all.

Always try to keep on the cautious side

I'm always a little careful at work.
    I try to ensure I dont not seem to have too much information on ladies clothes
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Someone asked me why I had my ears pierced. I said...with a little wicked smile "Just felt like it....and it helps with the crossdressing."

It was meant to be a joke and taken as such but shortly after I could feel myself going redder and redder.

It's dangerous ground if I get involved in a discussion/conversation about TV/TG/CD...I have been asked how come I know so much about it.????...Errr...I saw this documentary etc.
    Nikki.x

I really dont have that fear anymore.

I agree with Nikki, I have become a bit too knowledgable about girly things and it has almost outed me in conversations. Also I comment too much when watching TV 'what a lovely dress she's wearing'; 'fabulous shoes that girl has on'; etc. I've tried to curb it, but I can't help commenting even reading magazines and such I comment on the clothes and makeup. Yes I DO read girls magazines, mostly the ones inserted in the newspapers.

Do you have that in pink? Julie Avery's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki Dee
    It's dangerous ground if I get involved in a discussion/conversation about TV/TG/CD...I have been asked how come I know so much about it.????...Errr...I saw this documentary etc.
    Nikki.x
    This will work especially well in the USA. I'll just say, "I watch the BBC". No one will know what the heck I'm talking about :cheeky:

and those who do know prolly won't care
    "Inside of every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened."

"The best thing about the MBasic that comes with the Kaypro is that it allows variable names longer than two characters."

I don't think anyone will care when you are an old man losing his brain. I don't think you will either. :cheeky: :cheeky:
    [SIZE="3"]Jennaie`[/SIZE]

Always had that fear. Lie it will just slip out. Last week at work I was talking about crosstraining and I don't know how many times I thought I said crossdressing!!!!! Pretty sure I didn't.
    Sarah

"So Often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key" The Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Jennaie
    I don't think anyone will care when you are an old man losing his brain. I don't think you will either. :cheeky: :cheeky:
    Alzheimers has its advantages. I was commenting on a speaker at a conference this week, who had incredible matching pink nails, ear rings, jacket and shoes. The ladies at my table were kind of impressed that I even noticed, and suggested I give the speaker a positive comment on the evaluation sheet, which I did.

Not plus sized anymore! sharifemme's Avatar
    Stacie and others...

I really don't care either. I once bought a women's swimsuit in Sally's Boutique (the salvation army store, LOL!) and the clerk said she thought it would look good on me. Of course, I told her"Thank you. I thought so too!"

When a clerk mistakes me for a woman and corrects himself, I usually say, "You were right the first time."

When The women at work got new computers every year and I didn't, I told my boss I'd wear a skirt every day to work if I could have one too. Of course it took me two more years to get a new computer and I had to do it by other means so I can't wear the skirt to work (too bad!)

When I, as Shari, tried to anonomously request a change in the diversity policy to include gender identity and expression, the message went from the wrong E-mail account and the college president immediately knew who I was. She was very cordial and said she would look into it. And I DO still work there!

So you see, I not only don't let it bother me, I sometimes even push it some. I have made up my mind that I won't lie to anybody about my gender anymore. However I won't volunteer that info to just anybody. They have to ask and then I will tell them. Kind of a need to know basis. If you need to know enough that you will ask, you will probably have to listen to me tell you! So far, nobody has had the gumption to even ask me! HA!

And so, I try to protect my status for my family's sake but am willing to take the consequences as they happen.

Sharifemme

Quote Originally Posted by Stacie Stockman
    I really dont have that fear anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahexi
    I agree with Nikki, I have become a bit too knowledgable about girly things and it has almost outed me in conversations. Also I comment too much when watching TV 'what a lovely dress she's wearing'; 'fabulous shoes that girl has on'; etc. I've tried to curb it, but I can't help commenting even reading magazines and such I comment on the clothes and makeup. Yes I DO read girls magazines, mostly the ones inserted in the newspapers.
    lol...I'm the same way. I know WAY more about fashion designers, celebrities, makeup, etc. than a "normal" guy should know. I find myself biting my tongue about things that I would really like to throw my two cents in, but probably shouldn't.

It doesn't help that I'm a very outspoken person, and am very seldom shy about giving my opinion.
    "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. "

- Anais Nin

MY ONE DESIRE IS ?. joannejoanne's Avatar
    [SIZE="2"]It's a difficult one. i try and avoid too much alcohol, though like Nikki Dee i do tend to defend our corner if ever the subject crops up. [/SIZE]
    I WAS PUT ON EARTH TO BE EVERYONE'S

If some one asks how I know about crossdressers, I tell them I watched Jerry Springer show. That seems to satisfy them. I work with a bunch of red neck sobs.

I've never outed myself to anybody but almost got caught once. My girlfriend was out of town for a week and I was watching her apartment for her. It was my first time completely dressed and it was exhilirating. About five minutes after I got everything back into it's proper place, my girlfriend walked into the door,two days early! Yikes! I was shaking for two hours. As I thought about it later, the possibility of being found out also thrilled me.

Practising Drama Queen LaurenMar's Avatar
    Hi,

Excluding other CD's I have outed myself to a twice to 2 male friends.
    The first carried on as if I hadn't said a word (Yes he did hear)

The other suggested I go to a councellor about my problem.
    :mad:
    Lauren
    All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!
    --Lucy Van Pelt (in Peanuts, by Charles M. Schulz)

All my friends know im a cross dresser, and that im gay, and I will openly discuss issues to do with either with anyone, I wont be repressed, I repressed myself for too long as it is. If it means people are a little more educated it surely isnt a bad thing. I do get the occasional person who is just offensive, but most people are just extremely curious, and respect me for my honesty with them.

Haley Pink~

Hmmm?

Yeah a week ago I was playing around on the PC and was copy and pasting things off of a Blog from one of the girls on here. It was a neat story about a politician, very political. Well, when I sent it I had with out my knowing sent the complete blog page. It was a very TG page, very girlie. I sent it to everyone in my e-mail list. Not good! My Church everyone got a copy of it.

The first thing on the page was a dirty joke and wow I was so thinking I was outed to everyone in the world. Well, it turns out that most of them took it as funny and the ones that did not comment I don't really care about anyway. The ones that did comment mostly sent me back comments like, your retired now and bored Huh? LOL

Anyway, It was not so good a thing to do. So read what you send over e-mail before you hit the send button. I mean READ the complete page not just in a little window.
    Haley P. Kemp

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HaleyPink2000
    Yeah a week ago I was playing around on the PC and was copy and pasting things off of a Blog from one of the girls on here. It was a neat story about a politician, very political. Well, when I sent it I had with out my knowing sent the complete blog page. It was a very TG page, very girlie. I sent it to everyone in my e-mail list. Not good! My Church everyone got a copy of it.

The first thing on the page was a dirty joke and wow I was so thinking I was outed to everyone in the world. Well, it turns out that most of them took it as funny and the ones that did not comment I don't really care about anyway. The ones that did comment mostly sent me back comments like, your retired now and bored Huh? LOL

Anyway, It was not so good a thing to do. So read what you send over e-mail before you hit the send button. I mean READ the complete page not just in a little window.
    i don't worry about that stuff, other people do it for me

I sometimes wonder if I'd blurted out something related to my cding while sedated during surgery. A doctor did tell me I kept asking if I would be able to go to the following week's football game during one procedure...and the staff kept laughing, "there he goes again...", none of which I remembered.

Mitzi