View Poll Results: should we have a beauty etc. contest?

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes definitely!

45 29.41%
  • no i think its dumb!

74 48.37%
  • yes and i will help.

4 2.61%
  • i dont care what the heck!

30 19.61%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: contest

Banned Read only

contest

hey girls and to the whoms it may concern, i have a suggestion why not have a ?beauty contest of sorts, only those who wanted could enter, there could be a ton of categories, all the way from most beautiful, best smile, best legs, best bum lol, miss plus size, miss petite, most sexy, most feminine, most natural etc.etc., its just an idea, and i probably wouldnt even qualify for any, but i do know there are many really pretty cds here and id personally think it would be fun, it may seem like a chaveunistic (did i spell that right) thing to do , but i personally dont think so, anyway just a thought, im a muse not an organizer though so, someone here who is very organized and likes this sort of thing could organize it, one suggestion is that it would be neat to have lots of categories, so that lots could be involved or included and also it would be a neat buildup sort of thing over a week period or so , and the most beautiful could be elected on a friday and posted on a monday, or something, maybe its dumb i dont know, its just an idea, what do you girls and powers that be think, suz

Banned Read only

if not why not? explain please.........

please let me know why not if you vote no thanks, suz

I say no because it was done in the past and was a disaster, resulting in bad and hurt feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineRenee
    I concur with Sharon. I don't think this site is about competing with each other in that respect. Just my 0.02.

That says it all for me too! Maybe a favorite shoe contest!
    Rena

I concur with Sharon. I don't think this site is about competing with each other in that respect. Just my 0.02.

I dont think this is a good idea.
    We all know that some girls are beautiful, others are beautiful in their own way.
    There is no need to have a competition.
    We should all appreicate that everyone here has different qualities.

Every girl has to be herself.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Banned Read only
    No.
    No "beauty" contests.
    Yes.
    It is dumb.

Do you have that in pink? Julie Avery's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Amelie
    One question. How did Rena quote Christine, when Rena's post came before Christine's?,,,,,,,Weird, like Rena has ESP or something, she knew what Christine was going to say.
    Since this latest server change, a lot of posts are getting stacked in the wrong order. I'm also getting randomly bumped even when I was active a minute before, in such a way that I have to log back in.

Of course, where I live among the marshes, we're used to bugs :cheeky:
    "Inside of every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened."

"The best thing about the MBasic that comes with the Kaypro is that it allows variable names longer than two characters."

( NO )

I agree also with the negative view of a beauty contest. Really seems silly what with beautiful wigs, silicone breasts, laced-up tight corsets, & tucked gaffs. What is left that's real to compare?
    [SIZE="3"]
    *** Barbie Lanai ***
    [/SIZE]

Ah-May-Lee
    It all depends?? What kind of prizes are you offering? lol

Not a good idea, too many hurt feelings and this site is for helping each other, not competing, even if it's just for fun.

One question. How did Rena quote Christine, when Rena's post came before Christine's?,,,,,,,Weird, like Rena has ESP or something, she knew what Christine was going to say.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!

This forum is about help and support for one another.

You might want to check another thread I started and read the comments on it.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=27297

Kimberley
    Last edited by Kimberley; 04-07-2006 at 04:18 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.transgenderlondon.com

Venus and Mars are not aligned; Good thing.
    Where are all the rumballs?
    I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...

Not a good idea. This has come up before even in my one month time in the forum. Have yet to see a favorable response A lot of us are just coming into contact with other CDs through this site and getting comfortable. Why generate bad feelings? There are some real Lookers here, but that is the random chance of birth- some are Femmy on the Outside, but we're all that way on the Inside!

Platinum Member
    ok my thoughts on this we have talked abought this before and i say no because we have all won in just being here and rember why you came here to be with like minded people and not to be judged and a contest would just not be a good thingy....

Nope, not a good idea.

Kim

contest

Nope, not a good idea, could knock someones confidence if someone else makes a hurtful remark or if praise is unevenly spread, some people can pass easily while others myself included need a dark night and a good distance between them and the observer. With the artificial aids we use the contest could come down to who can spend the most money.

freshman member elizabeth nicole's Avatar
    [SIZE="5"]no, nada nix[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]ELIZABETH NICOLE[/SIZE] eat drink and be Mary cause its better than being Gary.

another no vote. We aren't here to compete with each other.
    Keely

One of the Reds

Please don't take this wrong. I think that we best serve each other with support for each other, not competition. I voted no.
    [SIZE="3"]Jennaie`[/SIZE]

"No" vote here

Voted "no" - not because I think the idea is dumb but because it's inconsistent with the general values of this web site. This site is invaluable for self-acceptance, beauty hints, friendship, etc. It's not a meat market and it's not a "hot or not" venue. The web is positively loaded with websites dedicated to seeing how HOT a CD can make herself.

I take my appearance as a woman seriously, because I am a competitive girl at heart. But that competition is self-directed ONLY! I want to make myself as pretty as I can be - and NOT NOT NOT relative to any other girls. The CDs on this web site, whether beautiful, passable, arguably passable or otherwise, have all found the courage to show their self expression. The joy that comes from that liberation - which shows on so many excited faces in pics here - is truly beautiful. But not exactly susceptible of judgment in a beauty contest.

Just my 0.02 .

Love,
    Erica
    For photos on flickr, my user name is cd_erica_f

Nope!

everyone here would be equal winners! So, what's the point?

i like fashion shows!

girl next door
    Oh you just don't want to cuz you know I'd win every category

**stomps away with nose in air**

Oh, um, my vote's "no" too, for aforementioned reasons.

Tammi
    [SIZE="3"]
    my wish for you is peace
    [/SIZE]

lo·gom·a·chy /loʊˈgɒməki/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[loh-gom-uh-kee] –noun, plural -chies.
    1. a dispute about or concerning words.
    2. an argument or debate marked by the reckless or incorrect use of words; meaningless battle of words

By what standards? By mainstream female beauty contest ones, in other words, how well we pass? I know I'd get the booby prize in every category except perhaps legs well covered by opaque black hose.

(and it's spelled "chauvinistic", after a Frenchman named Chauvin.)

maybe beauty contest isn't the right thing to do, but what about most creative costume for halloween? it would involve a "female" costume of course, but "beauty" wouldn't necessarily win, creativity would.

Quote Originally Posted by oohTammi
    Oh you just don't want to cuz you know I'd win every category

**stomps away with nose in air**

Oh, um, my vote's "no" too, for aforementioned reasons.

Tammi
    Tammy my dear:

Your such a beautiful woman, but please don't forget that we welcome all the GG's to be as much a part of this forum as we are.

The first contest will be the bikini contest. You do not hold a candle dear.

Kisses, pretty girl.
    [SIZE="3"]Jennaie`[/SIZE]