Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did A Movie Or TV Show Get You Started?

Did A Movie Or TV Show Get You Started?

I'm curious as to whether any of you started dressing up because of something you saw in a movie or TV show. Two instances come to mind for me right away. One was in "Grease," where the girls are having a sleepover party and they've got on these shortie nightgowns with ruffled panties. As soon as I saw those, I wanted my own so bad! Only trouble was, with that movie set back in the 1950s, it's probably hard to find the same stuff now, but a sleeveless satin pajama top and a pair of ruffled pettipants is close enough! The other was in "Three's Company" whenever Suzanne Somers ("Chrissy") had on a babydoll nightie, again with the ruffled panties. I don't remember any of the other girls in the cast wearing those, but I remember thinking, if I'd been "Jack," my fantasy would be to try on "Chrissy's" stuff if the girls were ever away for a weekend. Come to think of it, he DID dress up in their stuff once, to hide from two FBI agents! So far I've got Seasons 1-5 of that on DVD, as well as babydolls as close to "Chrissy's" as I could find! Can anyone else think of movies or shows that you liked for these or other similar reasons?

Tons of sites out there that sell ruffled panties.

Here's a start:

http://www.rufflesnlace.com/panties_...ce_rhumba.html
    [SIZE="3"]Jennaie`[/SIZE]

Ah-May-Lee
    My name says it,,, Amelie.

Maybe my story is not the same as you mentioned.

I was in a very depressed state of mind, I have been that way for over a year. I didn't purge, but I also didn't go out, I did just about nothing for a year. Then I saw the film Amelie and I sort of broke out of my depression.

Amelie was how I used to be, and I wanted to be like her again. I wanted to go out and meet people, and be a little bit of a devil like Amelie of the movie was. So it was this film that brought me to my senses. So, for now I am kinda out of the woods but depression came a few times before and I'm sure it will come back, I just hope there is another film like Amelie to bring me back, because each bout of depression gets harder to recover from as I get older.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

probably the first thought I ever had of crossdressing (or transgender) was seeing ricky schroeder dressed as a girl on silver spoons. would ponder "hmm.. wonder what that would be like?".. then got serious about crossdressing (in the sense that people did this as a normal thing) when I saw men from the audience get dressed as women on donahue (probably back in.. 1986?)

Bra ads on TV

Back in the "old days", when I was growing up, and television was black and white, Playtex advertised bras on TV. Every time one of those commercials would come on, I found myself wondering how great it would be to wear one of those things -- and have the right stuff in the right places to put in it!

Elsewhere on this forum I have speculated that we gender-gifted girls are pre-wired to be the way we are, but something in our environment usually provides the trigger. For me, it could have been those ads on TV.

Hugs,
    Susie

With me in 1965 I feel it was a coming together of various factors. I had I now realise always had an attraction towards panties (in my case full briefs as worn by my sister, my mother and other girls and women in those times) and skirts and a subconcious urge to wear them which I finally satisfied when I was 12.

As regards TV programmes and films of the time, these were generally more prudish than modern versions but I can remember a few which had some resonance for me. One was a film called "The Parent Trap" where Hailey Mills gives a nice show of her panties as her skirt rides up. Then there was a British commediene called Hilda Baker who in one of her comic sketches fell over showing off her white cotton briefs and of course the famous picture of Marilyn Monroe from Seven Year Itch with her skirt blown up showing her lovely panties really turned me on. "Some like it hot" was also a great film for me with Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon havng to dress as women to escape the gangsters . I can also remember a BBC documentary about male ballet dancers, long before "Billy Elliot" showing some lads in their teens as I was then myself doing their exercises at the bar and wearing GIRLS' navy blue cotton knickers just like my sister's and which I was then secretly wearing myself under my trousers. Finally, on BBC there was a programme "Come Dancing" on a Friday evening which often gave lovely shots of the women dancong and showing off their panties as their skirts rose up when they were spun round or of they were doing Latin American dancing.
    [SIZE="5"]Helen[/SIZE]

I had and expierence during the beginning of puberty that I think locked in my urge to dress.
    My bedroom was in the attic of this large house I grew up in. I went to bed wearing my moms long white silk nightie, and stayed up late to watch Tom Snyder, because Canary Conn, the TS was on. That night I had my first wet dream and ruined my moms silk nightie!

I saw To Wong Foo, and have been dressing ever since.

Guess I am a bit older than most here...although it pains me to say that! I remember vaguely remember seeing The Bob Cummings Show with Julie Newmar as the robot..he if you can make a robot be a girl why not me..oh, and there was a female impersonator on Love Boat that opened my eyes to the possiblitiy of being a female if I wanted to be...

Off Topic

Quote Originally Posted by Jennaie
    Tons of sites out there that sell ruffled panties.

Here's a start:

http://www.rufflesnlace.com/panties_...ce_rhumba.html
    Don't buy the "Tatiana's" from here because they are half that at the "Tatiana" web sight.

Post # Two

I had a strong admeration for women and just about any female did it for me. From Dorthy in the Wizard of Oz ,The Lennin sisters on The Lawewnce Welk Show (just so cute) to Patty Duke. Joey Heatherton, Rachel Welch, Natalie Wood, See what I mean !

Drag was all over the TV when I was young and impressionable.
    Bugs Bunny was one of the greatest drag artists!

As for thinking about girls' clothes after the show was over...

I saw an episode of Mission Impossible where a boy (Greg from
    the Brady Bunch), had to dress as a girl to sneak out of the
    country.

I have 5 older sisters and may have watched more beauty pagents than the aveage boy.

When I was seven years old (1977), I saw Jody Dallas (Billy Crystal) on Soap say he wanted to get a sex-change operation to be with his football-player boyfriend. I told my parents I wanted a sex-change operation, too.

Even though I'm ultimately just a hetero CD, and not TS, I guess it was the only way I could express my transgender feelings at the time.

In 1979, there was a short-lived series called "Turnabout," where a husband and wife magically switched bodies. I loved that one, too.

I also remembered the Silver Spoons episode where Ricky disguises himself as a girl. And I was a huge fan of the film Zorro, the Gay Blade, which proved that you can be both a crossdresser and dashing hero!
    Last edited by AlyssaT; 04-09-2006 at 03:58 PM.
    Alexis W.

Little Rascals, "Our Gang Follies 1936." I am 52 years old and plenty of you gurlz saw this one on TV as kids. The plot is a vaudeville variety type show. The ending in Spanky and the gang doing a drag dance in gay 1890's costumes w/bustles. Everyone is told to do what Spanky does. Unbeknownst to Spanky, there is a monkey in his dress. The monkey does some mayhem, and he has to shed the lower part of his dress. Everyone else follows his lead. When I was in college, there was Flip Wilson as Geraldine.
    "It is better to be looked over than to be overlooked." Mae West

http://360.yahoo.com/ritaknight1999

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ritaknight1999/

Smile I may have you beat

Quote Originally Posted by MsEva
    Guess I am a bit older than most here...although it pains me to say that! I remember vaguely remember seeing The Bob Cummings Show with Julie Newmar as the robot..he if you can make a robot be a girl why not me..oh, and there was a female impersonator on Love Boat that opened my eyes to the possiblitiy of being a female if I wanted to be...
    I believe I am older than you. I remember that show too but my craving started before that. When my mom would get a new Sears & Roebucks catalog I was in hog heaven. I just loved browsing the women's lingerie section.

Not really, but I always watched Dynasty & some of the older series that had the beautiful clothes on the actresses.

I didn't think of it when I started this thread, but have any of you seen "Flower Drum Song?" It's a Rodgers & Hammerstein musical, and you usually wouldn't think of those as having scenes that would be exciting for a CD - definitely not in "Oklahoma!," "The Sound of Music," "State Fair," "South Pacific," etc., but "Flower Drum Song" had a song in it called "I Enjoy Being A Girl." It's when Nancy Kwan does a song & dance number as she's getting dressed for a date. If I remember, she had on a cami, chemise, or whatever, and some very high-heeled pink pumps. To top it off, the scene was made in front of a 3-way dressing mirror. If I'd seen that movie as a teenager, I'm sure it would have made me want to start CDing just as badly as any of the others I mentioned earlier!

yep...not necessarily a tv show but seeing rupaul as a pubescent teen and how he was able to transform himself into a beautiful woman amazed me. Also movies such as "To Wong Foo" and most recently the TV show "He's a Lady."

He's A Lady actually prompted me to go from just pantyhose to going toward fully dressing. I figured if those guys can do, I can too but they had so much help!!

Actually the TV game show "He's a Lady" ot me re-energized about dressing again although I had already started the process a years or so before.

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

*distracted* ooooooo ruffled panties, there so cute!
    err um, back to subject...
    through my 18 years of being on earth I watched ALLOT of anime. I guess that’s what got me started.... seeing all those beautiful dresses on those cute anime girls. Even more so when lets say the main hero has to crossdress and sneak into someplace or do something without being caught. I always look foreword to seeing stuff like that
    I remember I use to have dreams about me being a spy… and having to impersonate as a girl and go undercover. I thought it was strange, but now I kind of think it was like my own little way of giving myself an excuses to crossdress without it being something of a life style… I guess, now that I’ve accepted it… I don’t have to keep giving myself excuses so I stopped having those dreams

Not just a pig-n-lipstick

Wicked pantyhose commercials

It was a long time ago but I remember seeing a pantyhose commercial that spoke of the "invigerating silky feel". That got my attention.

And the rest is history... Herstory? :cheeky:

Toddles

Quote Originally Posted by Rita Knight
    costumes w/bustles
    Oooooh, Bustles! Always loved the old westerns and BBC dramas set in the 1800s where the ladies wore the gorgeous Bustle gowns. Oooooh! Still sends me just thinking about it. PS- my Bustle should be here any day now, then I'm going to have the dress made!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Teresa Amina; 04-21-2006 at 04:29 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned Read only
    Although I'd been crossdressing for many years before I saw it.
    Hayley Mills in the movie "Pollyanna" made a big impression on me.
    There's a scene where she's in a dress shop wearing a white camisole and bloomers with a lace edging and black stockings.

I DESPERATELY want to look like Ginger on "Gilligan's Island" when I was a kid. Still do. She had some great dresses.
    Last edited by Gurly; 04-19-2006 at 10:43 PM.

I LOOK like a guy... Casey Morgan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric/a
    but "Flower Drum Song" had a song in it called "I Enjoy Being A Girl."
    Thank you, thank you, thank you! That song has been popping into my head on and off for a few weeks now and I've been going crazy trying to figure out where I know that from. The sad thing is I only saw it once.

Somewhere around the time I started (I've tried to block out so much that my timeline is pretty screwy) I saw this movie that really resonated with me. I'll be darned if I can remember what the movie was or what it was about. It might have had a part where this transwoman who used to be an Air Force officer goes on TV. But there's this teenage guy and his friend/girlfriend. She's talking about sex change operations. And he says something like, "For my next project maybe I'll make a woman... out of me." It didn't get me started but it sure was a reinforcer. I'm not a TS, not even a non-op, but just the idea of being able to be a girl. (And since I was a teen at the time that's what I would have been: a girl.)
    Androgynes: the quantum bits of the gender binary.