Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did A Movie Or TV Show Get You Started?

Anything from Emma Peels wardrobe.

For me the BBC series The Avengers and I wanted to wear everything and anything from Emma Peels wardrobe, and still do !!

No You're Not
    When I was very young I used to watch a show on Nickelodeon called "You Can't Do That On Television." This show was a children's sketch comedy show and it featured many sketches on various episodes in which a boy character is made by his mother to wear a dress or otherwise be dressed up like a girl for various reasons. These sketches had a pretty profound imact on me, as I realized that if I were in a similar scenario I wouldn't feel humiliation so much as I would feel bliss.

When I first dressed, I pretended to be Elizabeth Taylor or Mary Tyler Moore as Laura Petrie, or Natalie Wood. So, you might say television or media got me started.

I would half to say that the show Bosom Buddies was the 1st time that i saw a corssdresser and it made me want to try out womens clothes.

I started wanting to dress in girls clothes very young, so I can't say that any movie or TV show started me off. But in my teens I worked in the Theatre with a show called 'Soldiers In Skirts'; chatting to the 'girls' for two shows a night and seeing them putting their makeup on, really excited me. Some of them were incredibly convincing, one girl used to sing soprano, she had a great voice and wore some gorgeous dresses. They were really happy days for me, I would have loved to tour with that company, but it all ended when I was conscripted into the Airforce by HM Government.

Quote Originally Posted by erica michelle
    I would half to say that the show Bosom Buddies was the 1st time that i saw a corssdresser and it made me want to try out womens clothes.

Buffy and Hildegard? EEks..I am as Femme as the next CD but they didn't really play it up did they? I guess I love the Emma Peel thing from the Avengers too.

On a more modern tack, has anyone seen the Surreal WOrld on VH1? One of the Arquettes, Alex...ah I mean Alexis is a TS staring in the show...I had to google it to see her other works..it is amazing this girl gets around Hollywood.

Whoever said you'd never learn from the telly?

My greatest influences were certainly the television. With both my parents working it wasn't difficult to be able to view just about anything on the box.

I will never forget watching the classic bank robbery film Thunderbolt and Lightfoot on the telly, where Jeff Bridges gets all femmed up in preparation for a bank job. That was the initial spark signalling for me that it was ok to wear women's clothes. I was only six then. Later on that year I managed to stay up and watch a fly on the wall documentary on BBC2 detailed the trials and tribulations of a MtF transsexual from the initial steps of going to see the psychiatrist, then the shopping of fem clothes to the purging of all traces of drab clothes... right through to the SRS operation in the end. It raised a lot of questions in my head at the time. "Am I boy, do I want to be a girl?" was the biggest one still bouncing about in my head as I entered adolescence.

Seeing women wearing their dainty lingerie, the bras, pants, stockings and suspenders in shows such as The Benny Hill Show made me want to give it a try too. The urge to try these on was go great that one night I thought I'd try some of my mum's on one quiet night alone in the house. That was it, the point of no return. I had realised it felt really nice, and I would never want to give this feeling up.

I went through a spell of watching period dramas such as The Rainbow starring Amanda Donohoe and Imogen Stubbs and wanting to wear similar costumes. More recently as I started watching more Japanese Anime I have been greatly fascinated by a lot of the female costume designs in series such as Ahh My Goddess! and Card Captor Sakura. I am toying heavily with the idea of going to my next Anime convention crossplaying, but oh what to wear and where to get it. If only I learnt how to make my own clothes with my mum's sewing machine.