Thread: back to hiking

Aspiring Member

back to hiking

Thought I would share yesterday.
    I'm thinking its winter so there will not be anyone else on the hiking trail so I put on a hiking skirt, pantyhose to cover my white legs, bra and forms and a suitable blouse and went for a hike.
    The park seems to be empty enough so I park the car and start out. Immediately there is a male hiker catching me and another male hiker in the distance approaching. There is a handy bench off the trail so I head towards it and sit until the trail is clear. I start out again. This time there are 2 women ahead spending more time looking at plants than hiking. I decide to just own it, go on past them and continue. The only thing said was hello. It turns out that the nice day brought out many hikers however everybody seems to be in their own world so most did not seem to notice this would-be female in a short hiking skirt. Most said hello and did not seem to notice or care. Only one older guy did a double take and took a second look. I probably met 15 - 20 hikers- a few couples, a couple women walking a dog and a few songles. It felt so good to be out.

SheriM, it's wonderful you got to do this! Bravo!

Don't let this bother you; but people do notice. The difference these days tends to be nobody will say or do anything about it. But, certainly most do notice. One way to think of this; don't let yourself be imprisoned by what other people...whom you've never met and have no impact on your life...think about you. It doesn't matter what they think, even if they do notice and care. What matters is whether they act on negative opinions and seek to cause you harm. It's important to be safe, and be around people.

I say that, with myself being fairly chicken about being in public :/

Where I am hikers are a communal bunch. I went today up a mountain (25% grade) and had various chats with the 6 other people doing the same. In drab but I always expect people who put in the effort to do this sort of thing to be friendly. Say hi back and become a friendly regular!