Thread: Random Encounter and Silent Recognition

boi - gurl - whatever... Ms. Donna's Avatar

Random Encounter and Silent Recognition

Hi All,

Thought I'd share this little 'encounter'.

Last weekend, we all (wife and two daughters) went out for pizza for lunch. We order our food and they go sit in a booth while I wait to pay. Two college 'girls' (I live by a university) come in: one asian american, pierced with spikey hair - kinda androgynous (and cute). The other was 'caucasian' (for lack of a better term) and passed as a boy better than me. They order and spikey goes to sit down.

I'm standing there there with my wavy hair, earrings, Liz Claiborne jean jacket and Coach purse. The other one is next to me: baseball cap, t-shirt, baggy pants and and a non-descript jacket. For whatever reason, we both turn towards one another, give each other the once over and make eye contact for a second or two.

I pay and sit down, and so does 'she'.

I couldn't help but feel for that second or so, there was a connection - each recognizing the other as one of 'their own'.

Love and Stuff,
    Donna
    Just your average transgender non-op transsexual
    crossdressing genderqueer transgenderist geek.

[SIZE="1"]The obligatory blog: http://wanderingaloud.wordpress.com/[/SIZE]

I've had that happen to me before, takes one to know one

I mentioned this before, I am a teacher and took my biology class for a field trip aboard the Chesapeake Bay Foundation's Baywatcher deadrise floating classroom, I saw one of our sisters taking a walk along the river where the boat was docked...I wanted to run up to her and say..good for you...you are out and living your life..but of course I had around forty kids to keep in line on the boat..oh well, if you are out there good for you!

Been There

I was at work once and a CD came in and I was very professtional and took care of her as I would anybody. She was very thankful and started a conversation with me. I had to go and tend to another customer but before I left she game me her busines card saying incase I wanted to finish he conversation call her. Never did but I was glad to have made her day.

Seeing other CDs make me wish we had some kind of hand signal language to recognize one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacie Stockman
    Seeing other CDs make me wish we had some kind of hand signal language to recognize one another.
    Like a secret handshake? I still think we should make pins that have the pink and blue crossdressers.com logo (above) and wear them out and about. And the sale of these could help finance the site.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hey

Gays have a pocket sized beeper of a sorts that go off when another gay person is near with an other like unit it's called "Gaydar". How about TRANNYDAR or GENDAR or GURLDAR !

This was suggested in a chatroom somewhere, but like using the left hand to brush the left eyebrow could mean something like "Hi, you look nice and your not alone."

Quote Originally Posted by CaptLex
    Like a secret handshake? I still think we should make pins that have the pink and blue crossdressers.com logo (above) and wear them out and about. And the sale of these could help finance the site.
    BRILLIANT IDEA!!!

Kimberley
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.transgenderlondon.com

Venus and Mars are not aligned; Good thing.
    Where are all the rumballs?
    I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...

Just another 'Gurl'
    I agree Captlex an excellent idea.
    Just another man in a dress