Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you happy?

I'm fairly happy. I've pretty much at this point come to terms with who/what I am, and instead of fighting it an putting it in the closet (no pun intended), I've decided to embrace it and enjoy it. I'm slowly telling my friends, and building a better life for myself.

I'm sometimes bummed that I can't get out as much as I'd like to, that the scene in this city sucks but it's not feasible at the moment to relocate to a bigger city, I owe too much on my credit cards, and that I still can't get the guts to come out to my mom.

But other than that, I'm happy.
    "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. "

- Anais Nin

carolbitv

happy or not

hello to all, as for happy not really.the odd day very up for dressing. but most days not. my desire to dress is fading. just to much work most days. i fight depression also no close friends. internet yes but not to spend time with no.i live in mountians of Bc. to drive to Calgary or Vancouver about 6 hrs then the cost. try to keep busy with different projects. what one can do to be happy?

I'm comfortable with my dressing most of the time. I would love to have not only an understanding partner but one who actually enjoys my dressing. I would love to get out more but that too, is a work in progress.
    [SIZE="3"]Jennaie`[/SIZE]

Will I Stay Or Will I Go

I have finally accepted who I am for that I am most happy but my SO is never going to accept me I do love her the most though.

Yesterday I was happy, today I'm not. Tomorrow I will be happy again...and so it goes....

I am fairly happy with my CDing. It would be a lot better if my wife were accepting but sometimes we just can not have everything the way we want it. I am pleased with the results I get from my dressing and very happy to be a CDer. I don't think I would have it any other way.
    [SIZE="4"]Mary Jane[/SIZE]

May those that love us, love us. Those that don't love
    us may God turn their hearts. And if he can't turn their
    hearts, may he turn their ankles, so we'll know them by their limping.

Nope. Not really. I wish I could get out more and be less concerned about what people thought. And of course I wish I could look better.
    Hail Satin!

Quote Originally Posted by April Marie
    The only other thing is i would like to go out in a skirt or dress and can not in the area I live. But, I am not willing to move to the city or anywhere but where I am so I just need to buy a new house in a different part of the state I am in.
    Have you ever been to Asheville? I have to say that town is the champion for favorable reactions to me. Compliments on the street from total strangers. I even seriously considered moving there, but it turned out to be one of the most difficult places I've been to drive a car in.

Aspiring Member Christina Nicole's Avatar
    I am very happy. Several years ago, this crossdressing, transgender, transsexual thing was making me... crazy let's say. I lost perspective and it made me very unhappy. But now throught the Grace of God, I've gotten my priorities straight and things couldn't be better.

Warm regards,
    Christina Nicole

... well, an accepting wife would make things better.

... well, a bigger boat would be nice, too. But my wife hit the ceiling when the dealer called with the half-millionish quote. I should have gotten to the phone first; I wasn't wearing heels, so I have no excuse. Live and learn.

... more closet space. Definately more closet space.

OK, things could be better, but overall, they are just peachy.
    CN

And my life as a CD? Absolutely never been better, more than I had imagined possible.

Happy is what you make of yourself. Really. It is.

My life?
    I'm a writer ... who is making no money, so we're broke. Really broke. But, I'm writing really good stuff and I'm getting personal rejections (not form letters) and requests for submissions. I'm not far off being published.
    Two years after the seperation (and the automatic divorce after 12 mths - our system), the ex is continuing to redefine the term 'malicious' (my lawyer is impressed - seriously) and I have the choice of spending what little money I have to maintain contact with my little girl (I was the stay at home parent so I raised her) or turn my back and see her the bare minimum the law allows - full court trial near the end of the year ... perhaps. I could get rather upset about that, actually do at times, but at the moment, I'm managing to hang onto half time with her and she's an utter joy to have around. Then there's my son (13, first ex) who lives with me and I couldn't ask for a better kid.
    Then there's my ability to make a mess of every boat building task I start ... but there's always more wood/paint/glue to have another go at it.
    The depression looks like being a permanent fixture, but I do get my daily 'lolly' and the drug works well with me so that actually isn't an issue (except for the death of my libido dammit).

Cross dressing. Hmm. I'm in a 'quiet' period at the moment. But that's okay, it happens. My gf is freaked a bit by the whole deal and it's a 'no go' area, but we communicate well and she has initiated conversations about it so there's the hope that one day she'll be more accepting, but even if she's not, I am allowed to dress, just not to confront her with it. As for the dressing itself - I've got the family 'bump', have to stay hairy, couldn't pass in a pink fit these days (though I have in the past), desperately need new forms and a new wig but ... I work from home and can dress, if not at will, frequently and I long ago learned to dress only when I really wanted to and if I don't want to, well, that's not a problem either. Just being able to dream about it is often enough.

So, am I happy?
    You bet.
    My kids adore me and I them.
    My lady adores me and I her.
    I'm doing what I love.
    Makes the choice rather easy actually, and that's what happiness is about, a choice.

Wombat
    I'm not mad - that's just a rumour started by people who don't understand the interesting contradictions of my character

Actually I'm quite happy with what and who I am. I enjoy the fact that I crossdress. I also enjoy the fact that I am a guy. I enjoy doing what I do as a guy and in guy mode. But I also like what I do when in girl mode. If there were a pill to take away the girl in me, I wouldn't take it. I am my g/f's fellow and also her best g/f. She has it both and enjoys it, just as I do. When I'm a girl, I'm a girl, and when I'm a man, I'm a man, except that I wear panties in male mode, Hehehe!
    Best Wishes Always,
    Diannna

" A Friend is someone, who knows all about you,
    and likes you anyway " (Aut. Unknown)

pretty pretty princess

wow,what a ?

thanks to this forum i understand myself more and feel that i know more about myself and feel i could use someone to share this with,but i don't so it kind of stays bottled up and i have the urge to let it out.so,for the monst part i am happy,but there are bits that make me a little stressed about it.

michelle19845

Extremely happy!!! Would love more time to dress but te way it is now is great. Kind of the best of both genders!!! At my disposal when and where I want!!!

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by michelle19845
    thanks to this forum i understand myself more and feel that i know more about myself and feel i could use someone to share this with,but i don't so it kind of stays bottled up and i have the urge to let it out.so,for the monst part i am happy,but there are bits that make me a little stressed about it. michelle19845
    Nothing wrong with a bit of good old fashioned stress now and then. Chuck a wobbly, then slip into something really dreadfully sexy and sip a nice glass of red. Works for me.

Wombat
    I'm not mad - that's just a rumour started by people who don't understand the interesting contradictions of my character

Quote Originally Posted by Bev06 GG
    fandabydozey
    Ooooh! There's a word! Was looking for a different way to say "Very Happy".
    Right now I think my life is coming together real well and I'm in a very Up mood. Teresa is still in a comfy closet but may Debut later in the year.
    FANDABYDOZEY

Banned Read only
    [SIZE=3]Other then being a non-op TS
    Yes i'm happy. I live with my 3 children and i go to college full time.
    Can't get any better then that i suppose. Hopefully i'll find a great job after i'm done.
    [/SIZE]

I've got to say that I am estatic. I love my wife. She has 'known' about my dressing up for some time, but wasn't overly happy about it. Lately though I've been wearing skirts and high heels while she's around and I think (hope) she is getting used to the idea.

boi - gurl - whatever... Ms. Donna's Avatar
    Am I happy...

I'm at a point in my life where I have accepted who I am and what I am. In that respect, I'm happy - for the better part of my life I could not make that statement.

I have a good job - a career in fact. I am able to support my family myself so my wife can raise our daughters. I have a nice home, good neighborhood, great kids. How could I not be happy for this?

I have a loving wife who has put up with more crap because of me and my 'issues' than she signed on for. She should have kicked my ass to the curb a few times but saw something good in me when even I didn't. She has accepted me for who I am - more or less. I know it still bothers her at times and its tough to get a clear read on her feelings. I've not made things easy for her and she's stuck by me. For this I am happy as well.

The whole, however, is something less than the sum of it's parts. I suppose that overall - yeah, I'm happy. But 'happy' is such a vague and meaningless word. Perhaps the right word for the above is 'greatful'.

I suppose what is missing is a sense of fulfillment in my life. Being who and what I am at this place and time leaves a void in myself which I find impossible to explain - I simply don't have the words. I suspect I'll never find this 'missing' something - as I don't know what it is, how can I go about finding it?

Perhaps I think too deeply about all of this...

But - to the original question: Am I Happy?

Sure, why not.

----------

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
    - H. P. Lovecraft -

Am I happy or not?????? That is a great question. I love dressing, it makes me feel so great. But for some reason I am having the gulit thing going on right now. Like tonight I had a great chance to get dressed, wife was out (still is), planned on getting dressed, started to in fact, but quit and went back to drab. Oh how I hate this when I get this way. I am not really sure why I stopped tonight, but I know I would of been happier if I had gotten dressed.
    Hugs Jodi Lynn

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar

Yes!

I have to say that at this particular time in my life, I am the happiest I have ever been....and that's looking at my life in total. As far as my dressing goes, apart from perhaps a little bit more opportunity to dress, I think I've got it made. I've finally come to realize who I am and I'm not scared any more. I've accepted myself and my crossdressing as an intergral part of what makes me, me.
    Last edited by Rachel Morley; 04-12-2006 at 09:47 PM.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

For the most part yes I am happy , I have come to accept that I am a non-op TS and the best part is that I have a wife that is for the most part willing to accept me along with two very accepting and loving daughters.
    Kayla Horn

Platinum Member
    i know this is in MTF BUT im a happy boy for the first time tonight i used the mens toilets and it felt right (a small step but it meant something to me)

Quote Originally Posted by kells
    i know this is in MTF BUT im a happy boy for the first time tonight i used the mens toilets and it felt right (a small step but it meant something to me)
    Onya Kells

Wombat

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kells
    Kells! You the Man!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!