Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When you are dressed.....

Since all my dressing is at home for now I'd say there is no change in my personality when I dress as Diane. When I finally decide to shave the beard and go out in public as Diane I know there will be one difference, Diane will talk with what she considers to be a southern accent. Think what you will about that.

Danielle is a total escape for me but when I look in the mirror I know it is still me even though I am looking at someone totally different looking from my male self. I may adopt some feminine characteristic like a female walk and posture but that is mostly due naturally to my differently distributed center of gravity from breastforms, hip padding and walking in high heels.
    Danielle overall is very compartmented from my 99.9% male existence.

I guess what changes for me is deportment, mannerisms, how I walk. The inner person remains the same but how that person interacts with others is different due to the way that GG's interact with others.

It is now automatic, I've been doing it for so long I don't have to consciously think about doing these things. If i have to sum it up I'd say I've just that bit more outgoing and engaging.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

My answer could be a carbon copy of Helen's answer above.
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

No alternative personality. I?m always me, just a bit more relaxed and softer in my actions. Even my wife feels I?m very feminine when dressed.

I am definitely not as conflicted when I?m dressed. I wouldn?t say it?s a split personality or anything but I feel more? me! Completed from head to toe. ?Ahh there she is!?

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    I am never one to be overly confident. I think that's one trait that changed when I started going out. I had to work on it. I'm very tall and I knew I'd get looks regardless of how good or bad I looked. I would be self-conscious. As many of us might be. Much of that was due to my overall height. I literally Stand Out regardless how I look.

So I learned to walk in like I own the place, not in a rude way, just like that's right I belong here. You're checking me out in a fabulous kind of way. I hear through friends of friends and just people in general that I do have an air of confidence about myself when I enter a place.

I think this is one trait that I've adapted and learned for genifer that's maybe a defense mechanism? Also to help me feel like I belong and look like I belong. I didn't want to have that scared awkward appearance that just makes you look even more out of place.
    Last edited by Genifer Teal; 12-19-2022 at 01:57 PM.

Genifer,

I am 6' tall but go up to 6'3" depending on what shoes I am wearing, so I can stand out a bit as well. My first 3 or 4 times out in public I had that scared awkward appearance you mentioned but quickly realized that was not a good way to present myself. I started to walk like you did, like I own the place, not rude but more like "okay people look out here I come". It made all the difference in the world. My confidence skyrocketed and, like you, I felt like I belonged. Walking in such a confident manner quickly got rid of my nervousness if someone looked at me and now I could care less who checks me out, in fact I welcome it.

Fiona
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Look out, here I come! Is a great way to put it.

When I am dressed I tend to be more open, relaxed, and honest. Mind you I am almost always a closet case, but I have met a few other like minded "women, girls" and I enjoy the persona that emerges from me.

Hi Carla,
    I am still me - as my wife says "it's only clothes"!
    luv J

Platinum Member
    Hi Carla , I would say that I can enjoy the Best of both worlds while I am Dressed, Orchid**OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

My wife has said there is a different demeanor to me, more calm, more relaxed, less stressed, much kinder, etc

I do notice some of that when I dress

As boy me, I'm an introvert. In fact, in the last Myers Briggs test that I took, I pinned the introversion scale. Girl me is much more extroverted. I may not pin the extroversion scale, bot I'm way over on the extrovert scale. How do I know? It's actually pretty easy for me to figure out.

I would honestly say that I'm gender fluid, and can very easily flip back and forth. I guess many of us have encountered this phenomena when we see an attracted GG. Do we want to be were or be with her. If I'm out in my normal boy mode and come across an attractive, well-put-together GG, I will often complement her on her makeup, nail polish, some article of clothing or her overall style. I might even ask where she got her pendant from. In fact, I did ask one GG where she got it from. Hawaii, in case you're interested.

Talking about eer shoes is a good conversation starter. I don't think that the typical guy would hit on a girl by complimenting her shoes.

Since boy-me is an introvert, it must be Steffi initiating these interactions with GGs.

By the way, this is not me doing something to be different, but me beomining different. But, I actively work to bring the good parts of Steffi into my normal boy life.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

My wife tells me dressed as Stephanie I relax straight away which I know is true. I do feel calmer and happy. It is not a sexual thing for me, it just feels right. My mannerisms do change while dressed, but that is part of the dressing. Nobody wants to see a woman getting out of a seat like a man lol. My goal is to look attractive as possible as a female and everything that goes with it. Smart and classy is my aim while dressed.

No, I'm pretty much the same person. Perhaps a little happier.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I'm a man in a dress (with beard) and have only been out of the house dressed when going to my therapist. Maybe half a dozen people have seen me going from my vehicle to her office and back. My presentation is on the femme side of androgynous with no desire to present as a female.

So, I'm the same person all the time although most don't see the more femme side.

I don't change my personality but do take on more feminine mannerisms. Instead of bending at the waist I subconsciously start to bend at the knees to pick up something for ex. I tend to mess with the hair a lot and examine the makeup closer making touch ups. It's kinda cool how I notice I adopt mannerisms I wouldn't while wearing jeans, boots and 3 days of scruff on my face.

This is an interesting question. For me in male mode, it is how do i treat and impress women. We then i become Ellie my personality does a complete 180 in that my mindset is how to treat and impress a man. I become very feminine and do my best to be appealing. When I Cd, its like a switched has been turned on. I love both personaliries, my male and my fantasy of the kind of girl i like to be.