Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When you are dressed.....

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar

When you are dressed.....

....do you take on an alternative personality that is void of all the bad elements you see in others and even, at times, yourself?

I'm still me when I'm Carla but it's a more relaxed and slowed down ME just enjoying the experience. I couldn't be Carla in everyday life because
    Carla is just a fictitious entity that lives in my head. When I'm out and about, I love friendly conversations with other women shopping and I would so enjoy someone
    acknowledging that they know I'm male and open that conversation.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Banned Read only
    Truth be told, my wife says I am really a great guy. I haven't change over the years. However, there are occasions when I do blow my cool and erupt. The holiday season is great for eruptions. It totally raises my ire when my family seems to go nuts with preparation rather than relaxing and enjoying it. This is attributable to PTSD from the Vietnam War and also losing my father just before Christmas when my little sister was six years old. People make a BFD over small stuff.

Stephanie has kept me on even heel on many occasions. I do not take on an alternate personality. I am fully conscious of who I am. I know a lot of vets who got through the rough patches of life with drugs and alcohol. I just mellow out wearing a pretty dress and playing the role usually assign in the olden days to a woman of my youth. Probably escapism.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Maybe I acted a little different in the beginning. Over time it all blended into one personality. Now I'm just me regardless. Maybe a bit happier in heels but usually that's fun time anyway so I should be happier.

Your post reminded me of something from a few years back. I went into a drug store and the woman behind the counter says - You look fabulous today! She said it in a friendly tone so we chatted a bit. It is nice to be clocked as male but still treated as presenting.- female.

But yea my personally is different when I go out dressed up because others treat me differently. Over time that built up my confidence tremendously. I guess I have been lucky to experience crossdressing with such positive results.

Sandi

Reality Check
    Wearing a wig and boobs does not change me.
    Krisi

Fascinating subject Carla! In many ways I think I'm kind of like you, I do view Kris as kind of a fantasy person, a creation of my imagination. She is separate from myself and exists in the immediate present, free of the intrusions of the real world. She embodies many personality characteristics I wish I had. I imagine her to be far more bold and less shy, less naive, more worldly. Yet, I am totally in control and can return when I need to, even if I don't want to, and gear up for another "adventure" which to date has been nothing more than a shopping trip. Although I cannot and do not want to become her, I enjoy taking on her persona when I can!
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

THis is a very thought provoking thing. Deep inside me I am still me but filled with feminine feelings and wants and desires. Mydressing now has reached a point in my life where I am content with how I look and feel;
    The thing with dressing is being hapy and comfortable with oneself, I am and for me being 24/7 there is no going back at all.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

I don't take on a new personality or persona. Rather, aggregate parts of my personality that are normally obscured or restrained emanate through a more complete and authentic persona when I crossdress. I am more expressive as a whole and complete person when I dress than when I am in drab.

I totally understand and agree. The comforts I enjoy while dressed has a nice, pleasant calming effect on my demeanor. I, too, find it easy and enjoyable to chat with other women and SA?s. Several years ago, the Macys SA in their hosiery department, recognized me from frequent visits. She guessed who the hose were really for and finally asked, assuring me it was confidential. She asked me to join her on her coffee break to discuss. Yes, I went. It was a delightful conversation. She recommended and wore only Hanes Silk Reflections. Guess what my favorites are?

Alcohol, fatigue, adrenaline, endorphins, things like that can temporarily and slightly change my personality for the better or worse, but simple clothes cannot.

Platinum Member
    No, I am pretty much the same person (so far as I can tell) regardless of what I am wearing. There remains plenty of room for improvement, of course, but getting dressed does not do the trick.

Nope. I don't have multiple personality disorder, nor do I feel the need to create a fictional female personality to remove myself from those feelings which most would consider 'only for women'. I find it interesting at how many feel the need to do that; but I understand that as the vast majority of us grew up with our family members, and the rest of society, telling us basically from the moment that we were self aware, that for a boy to be like a girl in any way was the most shameful thing he could be, the guilt many feel from just feeling thoughts that we were told were acceptable 'only for girls', must be difficult to deal with. I remember a time when I, too, felt that way about a lot of feminine things about my feelings, but were fortunate enough to learn why, and have been able to escape the negative feelings about being not exactly the 'all male, all masculine, all the time' raging testosterone fueled crazy person that I see other men proclaiming themselves to be, because they just assume that's what they have to be.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Being fundamentally human regardless of gender presentation, I don't see how I can pretend certain human traits don't exist or carry less weight, since my changing gender presentation does not alter the world.

My fem side does however have permission to be the opposite of the male in more ways than gender. She gets to explore feelings and traits my male side is less prone to address.

Being cross-dressed feels different, so I get to feel...different.

I also make an effort to be more serious.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

When I am dressed I am just me. I will have done my best to look like a pretty woman and realistic as I possibly can.

I would definitely say that Jess is somewhat different from my male self when dressed. I wear beautiful/romantic lingerie to bed and I have a boyfriend, so when dressed I can become very flirtatious, girly and outgoing which is different from my male personality. I wouldn't consider it a multiple personality thing or conflict, it's just a reaction to how extremely feminine and girly I feel when wearing beautiful lingerie to bed, I can't help but get caught up in how incredible it feels.

Interesting question. I can't say I have a definitive answer myself. When I'm out (only 3 times in public now) I'm a bit more concerned about the physical mannerisms rather than my personality. I don't think my personality changes when dressed but again, I don't think I can say for sure.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

I guess in most ways I am the same. I was tempted to say that I am less shy in conversation, but I have only had conversations with other dressers. Having such a huge thing in common makes it seem like old friends so I wouldn't be shy anyway.

I can cite one difference: as Geena I like being photographed. There aren't a lot of photos of me drab, even less of me clean shaven. In the past 7 weeks there are over 100 photos of Geena (very private photos) compared to maybe 3 or 4 of drab me.
    www.flickr.com/people/196660660@N08/

No but that's the "G" rated answer lol
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Definitely. I was very badly treated as a little boy. The little girl Rhoda wasn't. When I am dressed I can lose all the bad memories.

Still me just more feminine mannerisms when dressed as Jill. I also enjoy conversations with other women while out dressed one of my favorite conversations was with a sales associate in her fifties at Macys I was wearing a skirt, heels, full makeup and wig she told me how nice I looked i thank her and with a smile said Im practicing for Halloween (it was October) she shocked me with her response she said I wish my husband would dress like that for Halloween all he wants to do is sit on the couch and drink beer! Maybe the wives of Crossdressers are the luck ones.

No I don't change I have only one personality. My actions may be different because of the clothes such as smoothing out my dress before sitting. I find as I get older I enjoy talking to older women and get on well in male mode, even when talking about female clothes.

I hate to say it; but, I doubt I change in any appreciable way. I am always conscious that I am a MIAD and only hope others don't laugh too much over seeing me. I've yet, in my limited experience in the outside world, encountered anyone who has made a bad remark (I could hear) about me. What I have noticed is most people seem to be self-absorbed in their own little world to actually notice me. Anyway, maybe the only way I change is by being more conscious of walking slower and talking in a softer tone. At home when partially dressed (maybe a dress but no wig and makeup), I do find I'm more mellow and less prone to getting upset about anything. Then again, I don't generally get too upset about things most of the time, anyway.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Alternative personality is a misnomer in my case. Dressing and presenting as a female allows me to fully express my feminine side; which over the years has become much stronger.

Heather , i agree with what you say completely but the way i look at it is this and that is that when out if one is greeted or acknowledged nicely then one is doing the right thing whether we blend in or not does not matter realy it is how one feels. yes there will be, maybe in big cities the odd snigger or derogatory remark but you come away from all of that and you will find a more agreeable attitude to one. I certainly have found that close to and around where I live.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Other than being a little shyer I am pretty much the same person regardless of how I'm dressed.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.