Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressing in public

Quote Originally Posted by DrFishnets View Post
    If I was a bit shorter than 6ft 1 and slimmer I?d probably give it a go and dress in public.
    Don't let that be an obstacle. Lots of us gals are over 6 feet tall. I'm 6'2" myself.

You don't have to disclose your build, but the way to go about that is to find the kind of outfit(s) that best suit your body type. There are women of all types of physique out there. Try to spot the ones whose body type resembles yours most closely and try to replicate their outfits.

Pick a safe setting and plan the logistics of the outing in advance. Consider contingency plans in case something goes wrong - One time, the heel of my shoe came unglued just as I stepped out of the car. Fortunately, I had a backup pair, that sort of thing.

If you have friends you can trust with a secret (or just don't care if people know), you might want to invite one or two along. When I was finally ready to buy a wig, a GG friend of mine volunteered to come along to help. In the end, she was the one who found my first wig. It was a lot of fun.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

One day I decided @#$%-it, and went out to a well-known TG-club in my city. Despite knowing I was most likely going to see a couple of my crossdressing pals there, It was still the scariest, most nerve-racking thing I ever done. It did get easier over time. Now I go out even during the daytime. Shopping, eating out, parties and whatnot. I even went to my local liquor store a few times where they know my male-self pretty well. You get use to it, but like Eddie Van Halen once said; "As long as I have been performing and gotten use to it, I still get the butterflies before I hit the stage each night"
    So I like dressing like girl. BIG DEAL!

It was a long time ago but after dressing at home, the urge to go outside was overwhelming. Actually my first venture out dressed was when I was 16, wearing my mother?s clothes. At night for a walk around the block. The feeling was amazing.

It?s like a whole new world compared to dressing inside.
    Last edited by Di; 01-18-2023 at 08:03 AM. Reason: They can look up your posts/ pictures

Platinum Member
    When i started going out as Wendy a person could be attacked or killed seriously ... now anything goes how many genders do they claim there are pick one no one cares ...hell i wasat a dunkin donuts this girl came in on a leash yes a leash with her mom holding the leash she didsit up paws up begging for a donut you all think a man wearing wome s clouthing is going to be even noticeable

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Marina has been out in public only twice. Once as a exotic Gypsy fortune teller at a Halloween party and as a contestant in my church's "Womanless beauty contest". I am comfortable with the idea, but ONLY IF I HAVE a GOOD REASON I can offer.
    Last edited by MarinaTwelve200; 01-14-2023 at 01:29 PM.

My first time in public was at a Tgirl event called Esprit in Port Angeles, WA. There were so many Tgirls attending all levels of confidence. I remember opening the door to my room saw someone walking down the hall and immediately went back in. Took a few tries but I finally made it. I met girls from my home town and have remained friends with them going out in public in my home town. Mostly LGBT places but recently more main stream places. The heart pounding adrenaline rush is gone, just enjoy meeting up with friends who have the same interests.

Reality Check
    I have been out in public dressed a few times. My main problem is getting out of the house and back in without my neighbors seeing me. That means underdressing and changing in the car which is a royal PITA so I don't do it as often as I would like.

When out, I typically walk around town in the tourist areas or the shopping malls.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I have been out in public dressed a few times. My main problem is getting out of the house and back in without my neighbors seeing me. That means underdressing and changing in the car which is a royal PITA so I don't do it as often as I would like.

When out, I typically walk around town in the tourist areas or the shopping malls.
    Krisi

Lots of great ideas have been shared,

I feel I may try a few of them

My first time out was just driving around, followed closely with putting gas in the car. Soon it was paying for gas inside the convenience store.

But the first time out with a wig was the best. Started at Sephora, what a great group of women, then to Dress Barn, and then on a whim went
    Into a David’s Bridal where they had an opening and did the whole new bride thing. They had fun, I had fun, a day I will always remember.

I would love to go out in the public dressed up. But at 6?2? with out heels, and 240 lb. I would stick out, having everyone looking if I was crossdressing,. Female at 6 foot get second and third looks. You are so Lucky, if you are small enough to blend in. I only drive around dresses. Or on the deck, backyard to feel the wind under my dress or Doing stupid thing like walking in deserted places

Jackie,
    You are assuming that one has to "pass" to go out in public as one's self. It's a common belief, one to which I say "nonsense". I am 6', and have about 40 pounds on you. When I'm out, I dress appropriately for my age and for the venue. There's virtually never a hassle. Do I get clocked? Of course, but if we act like normal women, people will treat us as such. Yes, it's counter intuitive, but it's true. The social contract compels people to adjust, after that wide-eyed realization, and still be polite to that tall woman, with the deep voice, and was maybe AMaB.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

In the 1939 movie, The Wizard of Oz, Dorothy says to her dog at one point,

“Toto, I’ve a feeling we’re not in Kansas anymore.”

It’s a phrase that has come to mean that we have stepped outside of what is considered normal; we have entered a place or circumstance that is unfamiliar and uncomfortable; we have found ourselves in a strange situation.

If you recall the movie, the first part (in Kansas) is filmed in black and white. When she landed in the Land of the Munchkins, the movie was in color.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I went to my first makeover at Jamie Austins and went outside while dressed in full view of the public, that was my first time. I looked good and had no issues. Now I desire doing it when I have makeovers.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Tall women can't hide. This doesn't mean you can't go out. It does mean you will get noticed. At six four I had to get used to this and adapt. I enter a room with confidence. I'm not afraid to talk to people. Many years ago I wasn'tlime this. Somehow I made this work because I had to.

Platinum Member
    I have been going out in public regularly for at least 12 years, despite being 6 foot 2. Yes, I get noticed, but I am also occasionally surprised to learn that I passed in the eyes of some beholders, including some women of all ages. I also notice taller women, and secretly assess their height and build against my own. What I have learned is that there are many women as tall or taller than me, and their body types range all over the board. These observations make it a little easier to step out the door and among people.

Call me a cab...ernet!
    After decades of dressing in private, I just started to get anxious to be seen by others and became more and more willing to take what ever risk I thought there was with going out. Several things helped me make my first steps. First, I think after all those years I was finally mentally at a point where I was ready. Second, I started listening to the “Fox and Phoenix” Podcast that supports crossdressers and listening to Savannah Hauk’s experiences and advice made me more relaxed about going out. Then, just being connected here demystifies it all. Finally I just made sure I changed my clothing to more ”blending” than standing out. Those first few times were brief and took me forever to get through the hotel room door. Then it became a challenge to do more (shop or dine) and spend more time out and off I went! I travel for work, so that ensures I’m not around people I know.

Not sure I can really remember the FIRST first time, so long ago...... Out in public, not totally sure what qualifies? I did MANY trips to my mail box, or taking out the trash even the neighbors trash, always "ALWAYS" being sure no one was about or doing it really late at night.
    Although as we all eventually discover, no matter how late, or how early, our neighbors are often on a schedule that we have no clue, one neighbor saw me fully en-fem and never realized it was me, guessing he thought it was my GF.
    Then late night drives w/o getting out of the car, progress to going to the Post Office late at night, first to the drive through then going inside, naturally no one ever saw me.
    Progress to daytime drives going to buy the Sunday newspaper at the local gas station, but only from the self service machine. More day time drives just out to see the world, and be seen or ? not be seen?
    Finally a trip to the local mall in slacks and flats, shocked that no one SCREAMED or pointed to me, even more shocked that MANY women, ladies, girls SMILED or mouthed a HI exponentially more female smiles than I ever got in guy mode.
    All this was going on while I was trying to avoid eye contact, once I got home I could not grasp why so many females appeared to be reaching out and be accepting of me as who I was trying to appear to the world.
    I tried to document my progress with photos of what I was wearing, looking back I should have put forth more effort into trying to color coordinate my outfits. My lipstick was AWFUL yet still no one really cared, yet I was being accepted.
    Christmas holidays I would have a little (really a lot) too much to drink and do a walk around the block in the evening to see the Xmas lights, while I was dressed to the 9's but still dressed so as to not draw too much attention.
    I SAY I was dressed to NOT draw attention, but honestly, I never saw a female walking ALONE in my neighborhood in heels and a skirt / dress, so I was actually over dressed / too sexual, but never had a problem no one ever commented.
    Their was one night, I was home alone, again dressed to the 9's, I could hear a lot of activity on my street, I peaked outside and I saw over 5 fire trucks. Plus the air was heavy with smoke. Short time later my doorbell rang.
    I was in a panic, not wanting to answer the door 'all dressed up' but realizing that my attire was less of a concern than the possibility that their was a fire near my house. I answered the door and spoke with a fireman as if nothing was out of the norm. He was much younger than me we spoke only a short time, I made no attempt to disguise my voice, as their is no way I could pull that off w/o practice. He had ZERO reaction to seeing a 60+ year old 'guy' dressed as a woman ready to go on a date.
    A few more trips to the mall, quickly in and out then finally being brave and committing to walking the full length of the mall and back w/o a stop w/o trying to interact. Eventually I went to a Sephora event, dressed down but 100% female attire.
    I have to say I LOVED the event, and would like to go again if I could find a location near me. All that being said, after Sephora I did a quick visit to a loved ones resting place. Some time later while away from home out of town
    I drove to a large mall, again in slacks and flats, little or modest makeup got up the courage to go to Macy's and ACTUALLY buy a blouse. Sales lady (girl much younger than I..) talked with me and acted like nothing was unusual.
    Reason I mention that we talked, is that my voice is extremely low / deep no way it can me mistaken for a female voice. That being said, it reminds me of something I skipped over. I have always LOVED Sears pantyhose Nice Touch "Longline Slim.Shaper" when Sears closed out their pantyhose line I went to most of the stores near me and bought out their stock. Pantyhose that once sold for $7 + were on sale for under $2. One occasion I was out to lunch with a friend that had no clue I was a CD and I bought 22 pr of Sears pantyhose while he watched in wonder. Naturally I esplained they were for my girlfriend, but not totally sure he bought the comment. Same time frame, at another Sears buying everything they had in my +- size the elderly sales lady asked if they were for me. I was too shy to 'own up' to it and said no, but not totally sure she bought that. ALTHOUGH at that time, my girlfriend and I could wear the same size hose, but I did like a larger size than my GF normally wore. To this day I do regret not 'owning it' and telling the sales lady that YES most of the pantyhose were for me. Same holds true for another event: My father's health had been declining, he had stayed on and off at my house over the years, and I had the feeling that he had been looking through my not at all hidden collection of female attire. At that time my GF wore a +- Small and I was wearing a Large. So we would buy both sizes if we wanted to match, or not..... AnyHow one day long after I had split with my GF my dad told me he had a friend that wore pantyhose. Saying some times he cut off the legs, or that he wore them for circulation. I got the feeling my dad had seen my 'stash' of pantyhose and was trying to open a conversation as to why I still had plenty of pantyhose in the house, and no girlfriend to wear them. Again I chickened out and never opened up that I was addicted to wearing all sorts of women's clothing. That was way over 20 years ago, and to this day I regret not letting him know of my addiction / perversion. Same goes for my Mother, she passed over 50 years ago. As a preteen and teen I discovered a box of her shapeware etc that had been stored in the attic. I wish she had lived long enough for me to mature to the point that I could tell her of my love / my fondness for clothing that society has dictated should only be worn by those that were declared female at birth.... OK, sorry for dragging this post off the topic, but if you have read this far, IMO we all should open up to those that we love and that love us.
    >> Ya just never know when time runs out! <<
    OH, final comment, I still don't / can't go out in PUBLIC as often as I would like, still fear that the neighbors will talk....
    But honestly at my age, I should not care, but society / small town life etc stops me from being who I would like to be. So sad....
    Last edited by ronny0; 01-18-2023 at 07:01 AM.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather76 View Post
    I underdress every day. The fist 2 times out in public fully en femme I had no contact with people. The 3rd time out, I went to a mall, had lunch in the food court, talked with a couple SA in stores. The 4th and 5th times out were basically a repeat of the 3rd time. The 6th, and last time out, I met a member of CD.com for lunch ata TGI Friday's. I would like to go out weekly; but, I'm not ready to push that onto my wife who isn't a fan of my CDing.
    Try Pulse on Wed. night, they have a drag show.

I have done the sneak out at night fully dressed and i wanted to do more but my makeup skills are terrible and i could never go and order a coffee or something like that, i would scream MIAD as soon as i open my mouth, so envious of all you girls who can do this.

Quote Originally Posted by ronny0 View Post
    I have always LOVED Sears pantyhose Nice Touch "Longline Slim.Shaper" when Sears closed out their pantyhose line I went to most of the stores near me and bought out their stock. Pantyhose that once sold for $7 + were on sale for under $2. One occasion I was out to lunch with a friend that had no clue I was a CD and I bought 22 pr of Sears pantyhose while he watched in wonder. Naturally I explained they were for my girlfriend, but not totally sure he bought the comment. Same time frame, at another Sears buying everything they had in my +- size the elderly sales lady asked if they were for me. I was too shy to 'own up' to it and said no, but not totally sure she bought that.
    I have an answer for buying out all the pantyhose at Sears.

Dude, do you know what this stuff sells for on eBay?
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

After a few years of wearing panties and pantyhose under my pants in public, my first outer women's item, when going out, were shoes, believed or not. I know, strange, since that is very obvious women's item, but I actually wore women's slingback high heels when going shopping for more women's shoes. And I bought really feminine sandals with normal high heels on that day. Baby blue colour. I wore those at home and later, when going out fully crosdressed for walks at night. I guess it was easier back than in the 90s. No internet, no cameras everywhere, no mobile phones with cameras. And I went shopping to another town, not my home town. Back than, it was much less likely someone you know might find out about you crosscressing, than now.
    Shoes were similar to these in the picture, not stiletto heels or something like that. And I wore long jeans that covered half of the heel when standing still. But I was not so courageous in my hometown. It took me a long time, before I wore anything else than skinny jeans in public during the day.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned Read only
    My first venture out dressed was on balance a positive experience although things did not go entirely according to plan.

Another TV and I were renting a flat in a grotty part of town as a base for dressing. Neither of us lived there. We just used as a place to dress, store our femme gear, take photographs, practice makeup and an address where we could receive goods mail order. Of course the urge to go out dressed increased and I decided to take the plunge one Saturday evening by heading out to a gay nightclub that was known to be trans friendly. I was quite pleased with what I saw in the mirror before I headed out.

First thing to go wrong the car wouldn't start. That car was temperamental but it was usually the same problem and easily fixed. Even so I was extremely nervous leaning over the engine in black cocktail dress and fully fashioned stockings desperately hoping that no Good Samaritan would come to my assistance. Thankfully that didn't happen, I fixed the problem and drove off to the club.

At first I was euphoric about being out in the world as Ursula. But the edge was somewhat taken off that euphoria by the fact that absolutely nobody spoke to me. No one would even make eye contact with me. So after two hours spent slowly sipping two non-alcoholic drinks while being blanked by everyone. I headed back somewhat disappointed to the flat, where I spent another hour wandering around dressed, wanting to postpone the return to manhood as long as possible.

I went back to the club every Saturday night as I knew of no other place to go. The patrons were more welcoming on those visits. They told me the reason for ignoring me on my first visit was that I made such an unconvincing tranny that they thought I was an undercover cop from the drugs squad!

They had a point. That blonde wig did not work at all. It's only recently that I've felt confident enough to wear one again. A much more upmarket model that was tried on dressed before purchasing.

"O wad some Power the giftie gie us
    To see oursels as ithers see us!
    It wad frae monie a blunder free us,
    An' foolish notion:
    "

Robert Burns: To A Louse

I?ve only gone out a few times in the last 10 years or so. Never fully dressed. Just wearing panties, a bra, my wife?s dress and walked around the block at midnight or so. I was curious as to what air up the dress felt like. Not anything so great that made me desire to do it again but definitely an interesting experience.

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by DrFishnets View Post
    How did you start crossdressing in public?
    First, I wore a bra under my shirt and carried water balloon "boobs" in a bag. I got in my vehicle, drove away from the neighborhood, parked and inserted the "boobs". Then I drove around in male clothes but with boobs. Later I got a cheap party wig and did the same but added the wig. The next step was to do the same but wearing one of my wife's blouses.

Then I got up the nerve to get out of the car (at night) and walk around a parking lot.

Eventually, I bought a "real" wig, "real" silicone boobs and "real" hip and butt padding along with my own clothes, jewelry and makeup. When I go out in public dressed, it is with the intention of being seen as a woman. It's 100%.
    Krisi

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle 51 View Post
    O my....Tis a slippery slope dear. The little things will lead to bigger but it's a road we all travel dear. I dress in a skirt, pantyhose and top with a coat and femme scarf every morning and go to a drive-through for coffee. It's dark and my neighbors can't see my getting in my truck. Its only a small thing but sets my mood for the day.
    I keep an eye out for that slippery slope. Can't wait for spring.

Moment 1 p.jpg
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!