Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Face Book interactions

I have a fb page for my vanilla life. I was an addict, arguing with strangers for hours, trying to change their minds about whatever. Quit cold turkey after realizing the only one I was affecting was myself, and not for the better. Now I get on about once a month, scroll down and read until I see someone with a stupid opinion about something, then I leave without commenting.

Much happier this way.

To make this CD relevant: IF I go to a page that's the least bit weird (as in CD or related) I won't follow, won't like, won't comment, because people can see what things and pages you follow like and comment on.

Karren had been on FB for years and year with a lot of friends from here and from the time I was a mod and admin at the forum Makeup Talk. I always got a lot of friend requests and tried to filter them out. But things there just got too complicated, too depressing, too much work so about 5 years ago I deleted my FB account. I miss the good friends I had there but do not miss FB one bit.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Reality Check
    If you are on Facebook as your male self and not out to the world as a crossdresser, I would suggest not trying to have a Facebook account as a "female". Facebook will eventually relate the two accounts and your friends who don't know about your crossdressing are likely to get suggestions that they may know your female self. And they will see photos of your female self.

As for "friends" on Facebook, it's best to deny friend requests from people you don't actually know. There are a lot of fake Facebook accounts (your female account would be considered a "fake" account) and there is no prize for having the most "friends".
    Last edited by char GG; 01-15-2023 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Deleted post duplicated within this post.
    Krisi

Opinion: Any person who wishes to protect their privacy should avoid Facebook.
    Last edited by Teresa.Smith.VA; 01-16-2023 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Rules
    I honor my wife's request that I not post pictures.

I have been enjoying this thread, lot of good input to consider and think about.

I do not have a FB for Amber, though I have considered it as it would nice to have some lady friends. My male FB page is pretty dead for the most part, it has been around for awhile and I have connected with a few folks I have known over the years. For the most part most of them have come and gone. That page now is just mostly for a hand full of landscape photography people I still kind of sort of keep up with.

Really though, as much as it would be desirable to make some lady friends Amber is really at best a small part time of my life right now. It takes quite a bit of time and energy to go full Amber. Over the past couple of years that just has not been a priority. For me, to create a Amber FB page would feel like it would also require constant attention and that just wouldn't reflect where I am today with Amber.

I have FB, close to 5000 friends. I get friend requests from mostly CD's and admirers i just accept them. I get the dick pics too, I don't care. I've used my female account to buy things on marketplace as well. I don't get hate mails, my profile says it like it is. For at least a year I was friends with my male account but I deleted "her" from "his" so as to keep the 2 separate.
    Last edited by Ashlee; 01-17-2023 at 10:07 AM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    If you are on Facebook as your male self and not out to the world as a crossdresser, I would suggest not trying to have a Facebook account as a "female". Facebook will eventually relate the two accounts and your friends who don't know about your crossdressing are likely to get suggestions that they may know your female self. And they will see photos of your female self.

As for "friends" on Facebook, it's best to deny friend requests from people you don't actually know. There are a lot of fake Facebook accounts (your female account would be considered a "fake" account) and there is no prize for having the most "friends".
    I believe this is not current advice, Krisi. As FB was taken to court for descriminating against CD's and trans. They now will allow T's to open an account in your female name. And, another in your legal name. They dinged me because of my obviously phony, "Docrobbysherry", Page name. And, made me prove who I really was before unblocking my Page. Shortly after approving that Page they deleted it for nipples!

But, my "Robert Sherry" name and Profile hasn't raised any issues with FB in 6+ years. In fact, they've even protected me from fakes who stole my photos and claimed to be me!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Natalie, I have a fb page under Brenda Stewart, I also have a fb page under my male name. I never let them overlap at all, in any way. Brenda is a cross dresser and has a personal laptop and cell phone, my male mode fb has a separate laptop and cell phone. They are totally separate! No common friends in any way, no common sites, no common groups, no overlapping browsing. Low usage cellphones are very cheap, prepay only for actual usage. Good luck! Brenda

PS Remember don't overlap at all, they will find you!