Thread: Crossdressing for one day, after a long time

Crossdressing for one day, after a long time

Hi everyone. In a few days I will be alone for a day, so for the first time in a long time I will have the opportunity to crossdress again. However, I don't have any clothes or make-up, because after the previous occasions, I always threw them away because I want to keep them a secret. There have been times when my family found my make-up stuff and it was very difficult to explain. I'm very afraid of they will find it again, so I don't want to hide it at home. My favorite part of crossdressing is painting my nails, so I definitely want to do that. What kind of clothes and make-up should I buy so that I can enjoy crossdressing as cheaply as possible? (it's important that it's cheap if I throw it in the trash afterwards). Where should I buy? And after that, do you think I should throw it in the trash or hide it? But where should I hide it? ��

Seems to me that if you are only going to wear the clothes once, and then get rid, that you would be better off finding a dressing service. No need to bin anything or worry about hiding stuff after.

I will be in an hotel, in another city, far from my family. I'm 20 years old, I don't have a car, so I go by train. I looked for rental storage facilities, but I couldn't find an affordable solution for me. I'm still a student and I don't have a job yet.

I looked for "dressing service" in my area, but I only found wedding and carnival dress rentals. I don't want to dress up as a bride, a zombie, or a spider-man, just an ordinary girl.

Holly, welcome to the forum!

I'm guessing you're meaning you're living at home with your family. That's (a) totally understandable and (b) difficult to deal with as a crossdresser. I left home when I was 18, but not for reasons of crossdressing. Still, it was years before I had the freedom to have a stash of clothes that I didn't think would get discovered by someone. As Ursula noted, it's hard to give recommendations on hiding given that we don't know your total circumstance.

It's going to be hard (not impossible, but hard) to effectively present as a woman in public if that's your goal with this upcoming day. If you want to go out as a woman, you're going to need appropriate shoes, handbag, attire, makeup, wig, etc. It's too much to hope to obtain and get together in a single day. You might consider acquiring some androgynous clothing that could pair with more feminine pieces that you purchase on your trip, tossing the feminine pieces and retaining the androgynous ones. Don't go retail; hit a Goodwill, Salvation Army, some thrift store, something like that.

It depends on how much you want to dress. If you only want to polish your nails, buy cheap polish at a dollar store or resale shop (I have seen it for resale at 50 cents a bottle). If you have a Goodwill where you are able to buy clothes by the pound, do that. Otherwise, don't bother with wigs or purses.

Keep it to a minimum and throw your stuff away at a public dumpster or at the hotel that you will be staying at.

Another plan is to have a conversation with your family and see if they can understand your feelings about CDing. If it works out, maybe you will be able to keep your things.

I realize that you are young, but you seem to be on a slippery slope of hiding/maybe some lying. Please don't get into the mindset that it's ok to hide this part of you from those that you care about in the future. Not a good path to continue on. If you read the threads here, you will find many who have hid their desires for a lifetime. Remember, you are an adult now, not a child any longer.
    Last edited by char GG; 01-16-2023 at 08:55 AM.

I agree that the thrift store route is an excellent choice. I picked up some nice things at one two blocks from my home way back when. One of my sisters-in-law buys a lot of her clothes at a Goodwill near an upscale neighborhood and what she gets are high class items. She can afford to buy new but to her why buy new when you can get almost new at Goodwill for a small fraction of the new price? Makes sense to me.

Reality Check
    You're not going to be able to do a good job of dressing if you throw everything away afterwards unless you can afford to throw money away. A thrift store would be your best bet.

Many crossdressers hide their stuff from family members. Some get caught, some get away with it for years. There are many threads on this forum about hiding stuff. Look through the posts for ideas or just use your own brain.

Painting your nails is a good way to arouse suspicion as it's very difficult to remove all traces of nail polish. Press on nails would be better.
    Krisi

Banned Read only
    This almost sounds like a television show, "Cross Dressers For A Day." If your living situation is really inhospitable to your cross dressing and your fear of being "outed" is overwhelming I would think it is going to be difficult to purchase clothing prior to a train trip. You'd need to be able to conceal your purchases prior to the trip? I would think going to a Goodwill or similar shop is going to be the least costly part of this adventure; Hotel room rental? Train ticket? Incidentals? As to Goodwill, my wife is a great shopper at Goodwill. Our local Goodwill stores have tag sale days by the color; Usually $1.99. I glance at the racks and rarely see any undergarments. It would be a mental challenge for any cross dresser,who fears being "outed" to peruse those racks. If you can muster up the courage at your destination I recommend going to the local Wal-Mart and "Just Do It."
    Do some research on-line to figure out your sizes for undergarments (bra and panty), hosiery and a simple dress. You can use the self-checkout lane to avoid interactions with the line attendants. It's going to come down to "risk v reward." Since you're only twenty I am making the assumption your facial skin has not been weathered. Invest in some lip gloss. Nail polish can be inexpensive, but if you do use nail polish, remember to buy some remover. If your hair is not long and you want to conceal your manliness, perhaps buying a hat with some sort of wide brim would highlight your face, yet conceal the fact your hair is not long like a females.

When I was a twenty year old college student I was in the same situation. My parents suspected I was wearing my mother's clothing and they tried to catch me in the act. Never did. Good luck on your adventure.

Platinum Member
    Seems like you can meet your needs by getting one or two outfits at a thrift store, buying some cheap makeup, and some underclothes from your favorite discount store. Does your budget allow for a wig?

After your time away, you have a couple options. 1) donate everything to the same thrift store. usually there is a bin where you can deposit the items you buy. 2) toss everything, or 3) find a friend who you trust to store the items for you. The third option may be the most economical, but it will entail revealing something of yourself to a trusted friend.

Charity shop or thrift store is the way to go.