Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are the "Clich?" of crossdressing?

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Shopping and going to Lgbt theme nightclubs are most definitely cliche outing experiences for crossdressers.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen_Highwater View Post
    Full length leather coat, leather skirt, over the knee high heeled boots, leather gloves. All in black of course.
    I also love wearing the same leathers you mentioned.You must have the perfect wardrobe.

Silk or satin! I every night wear satin pajamas and panties to bed and lounging around in the evening and morning. One thing I've always practiced though is to dress age appropriately. I'm in my mid 60's and would never look good in a mini skirt and high heels. I dress for comfort and well being.
    My wife has to occasionally travel and when we speak she will ask me how my day was and what did I do. Occasionally I'll kid her and tell her I put on my little maids outfit and vacummed and dusted the house today. She will normally chuckle and say she would like to see that one day. No i don't have a little maids oufit!

Cheryl the blue eye shadow. LOL. We all been there done that. I so didn't want to be clich? I specifically bought green so I wouldn't. But then I have pictures and the green looks way to much and still appears blue. Got to remember the golden rule to make up. Less is more.
    If you buy Craftsman tools instead of DeWalt to match your nails. You might be a cross dresser.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I'll add a CD cliche of my own: Too many emphasize monster boobs but neglect a female figure from there on down!
    Like those body builders with the chicken legs.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Quote Originally Posted by mbmeen12 View Post
    Drag shows??????isn't that the pinnacle the answer your looking for?
    Not really, Drag is different than crossdressing.

French maid outfits definitely clich !! But I still have one.

My wife has gone out for the day. I?m having a lovely time in my marks and spencer dress, full feminine underwear thickish tights to keep warm, my grey wig and a modicum of make up. I am very boring. I just try to be a regular woman though I never wear trousers when I am a woman. Why would I want to that I am biased but I think I look pretty cute

Aspiring Member
    What drag emphasizes are often cliches also associated with crossdressing. Unskilled observers confuse drag with crossdressing. Drag is art. Crossdressing rarely is.

What is cliche with crossdressing? Big boobs but no butt. Beard shadow. In neighborhoods and at times of the night that no sane woman would walk around alone. Dressed not age appropriate. Dressed not occasion appropriate. Tall, nervous woman. Dated clothes, bad makeup, and a cheap looking wig. Cheap jewelry. An aversion to pants. An aversion to flats.

Crossdressing as a homosexual behavior is a cliche that is not generally true. Studies show crossdressers are usually hetero and that homosexuality appears at nearly the same rate among crossdressers as in the general population.

Hotels are crossdressing venues. It is where many of us get our start, either just for the evening at hand or for crossdressing in general.

Being obsessed by and/or feeling the need to proclaim the color of your panties to all here seems cliched and common crossdressing behavior.

Banned Read only
    The biggest clich-ay is CDers who go out for solo walks in the middle of the night wearing makeup and heels and a dress, because somehow they feel this is safer, when you have a greater chance of winning the Mega Millions lottery than you do of seeing a cis woman walking alone in the dark. Ever. And they certainly don't go for walks in drssses and heels - at any hour of the day.
    Last edited by MonicaPVD; 02-06-2023 at 11:35 PM.