Thread: A close call, on a couple of levels.

Exclamation A close call, on a couple of levels.

Hello folks.
    I am, at the moment, recovering from having been in a major car crash on my way home from work. This happened yesterday.
    Before you ask, I am okay. My now-totaled truck was flipped onto its side and I bounced around inside a bit. I do not have any major injuries, the worst being a bump on my knee and some abrasions on my hand. It's gonna be a while before I feel anything other than sore and stiff, though, that's for sure.

Okay...on a lighter note, I think that I have been really really really lucky here on 2 specific counts:
    1) I was able to walk away from this car crash.
    2) (This is the link to our forum) It has been my routine to wear my breast forms in the car while I am driving to and from work. However, on Friday, I chose to put on my one-piece swimsuit instead. (I posted about that in the Clothing forum) That was a very fortunate choice for me. If I had been wearing my forms during this crash, there is a chance they could have been destroyed. If the crash had been more serious...i.e. needing to be rescued from the truck and hauled off to the hospital, I would have had a difficult/embarrassing time explaining their presence to the staff taking care of me.

Sigh. Please forgive me if my post is kind of rambly. I suspect that I'm still sorting out the events in my bounced-around brain.

(Maybe I'll take the time to do a little bit of shopping....treat m'self...)

xxoo
    Jenny O.
    (borrowed from another, but it resonates with me, too)
    My desire is to create an illusion that is a compliment to all women.
    It is meant to uphold and celebrate their presence and beauty

It's so good that you are relatively unharmed. It certainly could have been worse. Not wearing your forms? What kind of CDer are you? Seriously, the hospital staff has seen breast forms and more. Now, if one of them were a friend or neighbor, that's a different story if you're in the closet to family and friends.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Platinum Member
    Hi Jenny , Glad you are OK,

The Forms sure would have made an Interesting Story,

>Orchid**OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I rolled my Jeep Halloween night 1989. I was wearing full black lace undergarments under my halloween costume, bra, panties, garter belt and stockings under my Halloween costume.
    I and my passenger were taken to the hospital by ambulance. When the nurse started undressing me, she quickly pulled the curtain separating me and my friend and she carefully took off my clothes, all of them and put them in a brown paper bag and stapled it closed.
    Nothing was said about it and everybody involved was very professional.
    They are there to save your life, not laugh and make fun of you or ridicule you. They've seen it all before.
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

Jenny very glad to hear that you only have bumps and bruises from you wreck. As lisa said the hospital staff are professionals who have probably seen eveything, so had you been taken to the hospital there would have been no comments about what you were wearing.
    The Pink Fog will be with you, always!

Good you got to walk away from the crash, trucks can be replaced you are not replaceable. Sounds like you were very fortunate, I agree that the medical staff at hospitals have seen everything and it absolutely does not matter how you are dressed.
    I am happy you made it here to let us know. Now you get to go new truck shopping
    Crissy

You are all lovely, ya know that, right?
    ������������

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I am deeply closeted...thus, for me, that discovery would have been problematic....hence i was lucky. ;-)

Hi Jenny,

Glad to hear that you were able to walk away. Hope you make a quick recovery.

Marion

So glad you're ok!!!! In the big scheme of things though, if you had been wearing...a little embarrassment is nothing compared to getting through such a traumatic event!

Glad you are OK Jenny, what a scare!

It is probably a fear many of us have, what if there is an accident while dressed and you don't have the ability to change. We often hear how emergency personnel and hospital staff have "seen it all", but the fear of discovery is very real anyway.

- Suz

So very sorry for your accident and it's great to hear you are in general ok. I have the fear of what if I had something happen and I am dressed to the nines. Lisaloves story of how the nurse kept professional helps ease my fears yet I would still be beat red I think. And yet for the life of me I don't know exactly why. I am just being me. Please get better soon and keep that head on swivel. Crazy drivers are everywhere no matter how careful we are.

Banned Read only
    Glad you're alright. One of my major concerns concerning evening drives is to have any kind of accident when en femme. There was a time when my sister-in-law was working at one of the two local hospitals and I would not want to end up there and try to explain to my wife's side of the family my cross-dressing. A year ago I was coming home with my wife from shopping when a jay-walker stepped out in front of my car when making a right turn. She got a little bump but not at all seriously injured. Heck, this was on a low speed limit residential street. Anyway, there was the customary response by fire, police and ambulance service. I sure the heck did not thing something like that would ever happen doing less than 15 mph coming out of a turn. Glad I was not en femme.

Hi Jenny, Whew, glad you are okay, sounds like a close call. Thank goodness your forms were safe at home and your one-peace didn't need to be seen. Brain injuries are insidious, don't let your fear if being outed influence your decision to be checked out by a doctor. Police, like doctors and nurses have seen it all. I was pulled over once for a minor traffic offence (gave me a verbal warning) the officer acted professionally and didn't even seem to acknowledge that I was fully en femme. I assume hospitals are the same. Don't take chances wit your health, we need you here. Brenda

Jenny, I am sorry you had an accident, but happy you came out of it with only a few bangs.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Although there were early years when I would fret about being injured in some car accident and discovered to be wearing panties, etc. by ambulance or hospital staff.

However, after a few years of regularly presenting myself as Teresa in public, I totally don't give a darn any more. I am way past that fear point.

Having a wife that usually accompanies me in public probably made it a lot easier to stop worrying about being discovered under any circumstances. The fun now is to see if anyone figures out which of those two girlfriends is not really a girl.

Platinum Member
    Sorry about your vehicle. Glad you were not totaled as well!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Happy to know that you're OK, Jenny - and that your minor injuries heal quickly!
    Hugs! Shawna
    Life is too short to wear ugly panties!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I agree you're not thinking clearly, Jenny. Your truck's totalled and you're worrying that u mite possibly have damaged your forms or been caught wearing them.

I was in a fender bender in Vegas awhile ago on my way to a T girl event in broad daylite. Needless to say, I was NOT dressed to blend!
    But, neither of the other drivers mentioned my edgy outfit or even gave me a 2nd look. It wasn't until I drove away that I remembered I was wearing a skimpy dress, wig, makeup, and 4" spikes!

Glad you're ok. Now, stop worrying about being in an accident in forms and panties. After all, lightening never strikes twice in the same place!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    How did you explain the one piece swimsuit?

Charlotte,

I will bet that there were absolutely no questions asked about that one piece bathing suit.

I did not need to go to hospital, so there was no issue on any point.

Totaled my car about a year ago on my way to work. I walked away from it. Wasn’t until I was standing in the cold thinking about could have happened that I remembered I was wearing a thong under my drab clothes.