Thread: side affect of your wife knowing about your cding

Aspiring Member

side affect of your wife knowing about your cding

The worst thing I have found about telling my wife is she can't go shopping without asking my opinion about every piece of clothing she buys. I know it is tragic, but the burden I must bear.
    Sara

Sara , similar here too. I have to be very careful if my opinion is different . Especially if its something I don't think looks good. I stay positive just incase lol.

Don't ask for my opinion if you are going to get mad for an honest response. I'm just a guy, we do that.

I guess, fortunately I escaped that. Our understanding is if either one of us asks for an opinion, the door is open for an honest reply. I ask her more often. She?s usually right. Love it.

I have the same issue with my wife.
    It's especially bad when swimsuit season arrives and I have to critique her choices.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I'm pretty honest with my opinion as is my wife.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

My wife can see it in my face anyway, so no point in lying. She appreciates my opinion so she can pick clothes that are more flattering for her. I hate shopping with her though, because I have to look at a bunch of things I would Loooooove to try on and I feel like I have to hide what I'm thinking!

I share your same wonderful "burden". The only downside is that if I decide to push the boundaries of "age-appropriateness" in my wardrobe choices I get called on it.
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

I think this is really a plus for us and our SO's. It is an entirely new dimension we can share and it shows she is curious and interested in finding out what your thinking is. Plus it is important to remember when women go shopping together I am absolutely sure that they ask their companion's opinion on all sorts of things. In that sense, she is treating you as a bit of a girlfriend and not just a husband who follows along carrying the bags while she does her thing. She knows you pay attention to clothing and wants your opinion and perhaps is even trying to help you learn more about what at least what she considers when shopping for clothes or other things that are more typical of females.

Sara I had no idea a lot of us have this task. I also am asked my opinion all the time. I don't mind, kinda of even enjoy.

I am very open and honest with my wife. Luckily we almost have very similar tastes. I love the 80's and she loves to tease me about it. I do however buy most of her clothing. Love love love dressing her up. Just ordered a beautiful dress for spring she should enjoy. Also I don't wear her dresses yet love it when she comes down in one of mine.

I am glad that my wife knows about my crossdressing. Firstly it has made my life easier because I no longer have to lie and hide. I feel flattered that my wife likes my opinion on her outfits or the parts of them. She knows that I will give her an honest opinion. I will not just say it is okay in order to get done and leave the area. She has asked me to let her know what I like for myself so that she can learn my style. I love her dearly and treasure every moment with her. It is amazing what open communication can accomplish.
    Deborah

My desire is to create an illusion that is a compliment to all women.
    It is meant to uphold and celebrate their presence and beauty.

My wife always uses me as her personal shopper and fashion critic. To the point where I have been offered a job at both a Lane Bryant and a Catherine's in the past. Both turned down sadly. Way to easy to out myself working there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Burton View Post
    I share your same wonderful "burden". The only downside is that if I decide to push the boundaries of "age-appropriateness" in my wardrobe choices I get called on it.
    My wife used to work in women's retail. She doesn't need or want my opinion.

Since my wife doesn't want to see my clothes or see me in them, I can feel free to push the boundaries of age appropriateness based on my comfort level.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I count it as a plus. Before I came out to myself, i couldn't stand being asked about my wife's choices, perhaps as defense against acknowledging the crossdresser lurking inside me. Now I feel freer to have an opinion. There was, however, an awkward moment a week ago as we were packing to attend our niece's wedding and she was trying on dresses for the first time in a while. Her love handles were showing through both choices, and i wanted to recommend shape wear, which has helped me a lot. I can't remember the fit of the dress she ultimately wore, but she looked very nice.

I often have to clarify if she means for her or me when she says "what do you think of this"

Platinum Member
    Hi Sara , That is the CROSS that we Must Bare, >Orchid**00**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

hello Sara,
    it is a nice burden to have!
    liv J

Ha, the things we have to put up with.
    For my wife, the reveal had the sorry side effect that anytime I accompany her to buy clothes in the female department she wonders if I am considering some of the stuff for my female doppelganger. It's hard on her especially in the lingerie department since there is an element of seduction there and my CDing muddies these waters considerably as it questions her status as the girl in the couple (and myself as the man in it).

One of the problems I had when my dressing came out of the closet so to say. Is my wife would just help herself to my clothes.
    There is a couple of tops that I had to go with dresses and a few dresses that vanished to her closet, never for me to see again.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Here is an example of the worst side effect that happened this week. On Wednesday my wife returned home from a 10 day trip to an out of state wedding. When she returned home, she showed me the top she purchased to wear at the wedding. It is a really nice item and I complimented her on it. However, had I showed her the new dress I purchased during her absence, her response would have been less than enthusiastic so I didn't mention it. She will see it one evening when I wear it after dinner. I expect no reaction one way or the other.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.