Thread: Unexpected email from my insurance company

Somewhere out there, beneath the pale moonlight.

Unexpected email from my insurance company

I was just checking my email and was surprised to see something from my homeowner's insurance company with the subject line "LBD.pdf". What in the world? What and how do they know about my little black dress (the one with the rhinestones in the collar)?

Upon opening it, I found it was simply the formal letter of denial for a claim I had put in. We had a storm recently, and my house suffered a little damage. I had them come check it out. This letter was the follow-up to a phone convo where I was told that I was not eligible for any coverage because the damage was too small. Thus, the acronym "Loss Below Deductible."

Phew!
    If only our families and friends could be as supportive as our bras!

Colleen, I love it, your insurance commenting on your LBD! Thanks for the smile.

😂 ah yes, the world of acronyms.

Banned Read only
    I'd check the policy limitation before putting in any claim. If it was under the deductible or even if marginally above the deductible you could have recorded your first strike towards dropping you. That happened to a co-worker who was counseled by several in the office to not file a claim for a ding on her car. Yes, she got a couple of dollars, but after her next claim (#2), the company dropped her. She could not get insurance after that for two years,

I have to say that overall I dislike insurance companies, they are very happy to take your money but cry when it goes the other way.
    I did get a good chuckle about your LBD, I think that would have to get a smile from all of us.
    Crissy

I need an acronym to english dictionary.