Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Women's Glasses

Women's Glasses

Anyone here with eye problems wear women's glasses rather than contact lens? I have never worn contacts and I know that wearing my glasses, which aren't especially male in style, really doesn't look right with makeup, so just wondering. If so, how were you treated by the Optician when selecting women's style frames? I could make up soem silly story about being in a play but I would rather just tell the truth!

Ideally, I really should get contacts but hate the eye of fooling with them.
    In the end, once all is said and done, and we have exhausted the analysis, this is all about having fun and girlls just want to have fun!!!!!!!!

girl next door
    Go get yourself some nice femme glasses. The optician won't care. If (s)he does, go to another one. They would probably be quite helpful picking out a suitable style for you. Good luck. Let us know how it turns out. Hugs, Tammi
    [SIZE="3"]
    my wish for you is peace
    [/SIZE]

lo·gom·a·chy /loʊˈgɒməki/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[loh-gom-uh-kee] –noun, plural -chies.
    1. a dispute about or concerning words.
    2. an argument or debate marked by the reckless or incorrect use of words; meaningless battle of words

Went to Walmarts

Joanie,

I wear women's glasses when dressed. I was lucky because the wife of one of my Tri-Ess sisters worked in the optical department at Wal-Mart. So I went when I knew she was working and waited for her to become available. I went dressed so that I could see how they looked with my typical makeup and wig. She was quite helpful. So if you can do so, I would suggest it. You could call around to a few opticians and ask if they had a problem with you coming dress, or at least, with your wig on. I think that it is important since the total look has to work.

One other thing, I tried to save a little money and didn't get bifocals. Mistake since when I am out dressed, if I am doing anything (shopping, museum, etc.) I need the near vision! So if you need them, get them. If you are young, count your blessings.

BTW, waited until her shift ended by having a conversation with her husband while in the optical department and then went to dinner with them. No one batted an eye.
    Leann

Enjoy who you are but stay safe.

I use RGP contacts and have a problem with makeup getting smeared sometimes. Eye tearing up or getting to dry making all kinds of a mess, lol. I'll be getting a fem pair when I go in for my next checkup (next month). I think it's another accessory that will help with the look.

Thanks for your encouragement. I probably should do what I have done when getting makeovers, which is call ahead and sound out the women working at the studio. This has worked great with Merle Norman, where the ones I have gone to can give you the type of privacy you don't get at a department store counter.
    In the end, once all is said and done, and we have exhausted the analysis, this is all about having fun and girlls just want to have fun!!!!!!!!

I wear womens glasses whether I am en femme or just in my"everyday mode".
    As for when I picked my fem glasses out, I just went into the optical center at Shop Ko, tried on some frames found the ones that I liked, bought them and then when to doctors vision works for an eye exam and to have my lens done in an hour(with pink tint in them ). No one at either place said anything to me about what I had chosen for glasses, I think that in their minds, a sale is just more money they could put into their bank account.
    Kayla Horn

I just went in, looked thru the ones that were on sale, and picked a pair I thought could go either way.

My wife insists they don't go either way, and says they are too fem. The lady that fitted them for me thought they looked good on.
    DonnaT

I bought unisex frames and I share them with my male self!!! LOL

Love Karren
    Last edited by Karren H; 10-31-2006 at 12:44 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

And love my sun glasses!!!!

Love Karren
    Last edited by Karren H; 10-31-2006 at 12:44 PM.

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton
    And love my sun glasses!!!!

Love Karren
    Karren,

Whenever I see your avatar or other pictures with that great smile, I find myself smiling back at my computer screen. You look great !

Lilith.

I cheated. I went to Lensecrafter's and bought a pair of frameless glasses. I wanted something that had a minimal effect as far as appearance. I tried the feminine frames but a lot of them seemed to be narrower. Perhaps they would fit you better, they seemed a bit uncomfie on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilith
    Karren,

Whenever I see your avatar or other pictures with that great smile, I find myself smiling back at my computer screen. You look great !

Lilith.
    Awwww Thanks, Lilith!! It's hard not to smile when I feel sooooo good!!!!

Love Karren

.......My Photos

Hi Karren, I ware contact lenses, green, brown, violet and blue. I like the
    way they can blend in with my outfit, wig color and eyeshadow. I ware fem glasses with only bifocals when I need to read something such as a price. I think knowing the price is pretty important don't you?
    "Lady Fingers"

I have a pair of women's glasses Joanie. They are somewhat similar to my men's ones, but obviously more femme. The optician was a bit startled at first when I opted for a femme style...but after that initial surprise...she was very helpful in helping me to select a pair that was most suitable for my taste and style. All in all, it was a very good experience.

Karen you always look great It was nice of you to share with your other self.

GypsyKaren
    Well speak of the devil, I just got back from Lenscrafters, where I finally got my first pair of femme glasses. The girls there were all cool with me, I went dressed but of course got outed as soon as I handed over my insurance card. Not a second look or anything, they were all very friendly and helpful. I got a real pretty pair with a lilac frame, I'm so happy!

Karen

Sweet as Roses CharlaineCadence's Avatar

glasses

I bought a pair of ladies glasses and where them when i have to be a man i'm mainly full time woman buy for work till i start new job
    Love is like the rose,
    Beautiful and Sweet,
    Move the wrong way,
    And be pricked by it's thorns,
    Painful it the wound,
    as the heart bleeds,
    Feeding the rose that is hidden,
    Feeding and growing till it is strong,

My life is like an open book to love me is to know me. to know me is to love me.

www.myspace.com/charlainecadencenord

bought a pair at WallMart and the girl was great, she must have me try on 20 pair, she kept rejecting them said they didn't look right.
    "In case you never noticed the path you never chose has Chosen you." (Jason Mraz)

Banned Read only
    If you know your prescription, you can order glasses online.

http://www.39dollarglasses.com/11000.html

Space Princess jessikasummerfox's Avatar

Glasses!

I hate to sound like a total cheapo, but I got my pair of women's glasses from the thrift/charity store for about a dollar. In fact, I bought about three pair--one of which even has something close to my actual perscription!

Of course, it is not a good idea to wear the wrong perscription glasses, so I don't wear them for very long. (Just for fun!) However, since you may be able to get the glass or plastic lenses online from that 39 dollar website thingy, you might find a frame from there that you really like.
    Jessika!

Likes contacts best

I wear green contact lenses because I like the color change and it allows my eyes (one of my best features) to be seen better. Also have the old Clark Kent - Superman thing going when I take off my male glasses and put on the eye shadow!

I have been looking at the small, rimless, fem glasses at the store. I might consider getting a pair of those in bifocals so I don't have to carry reading glasses for the restaurant. I would go dressed if possible to see how they look. If in drab mode, I don't think any clerk would say anything untoward.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Fortunately I really dont need to wear glasses full time--all I have is a touch of astigmatisim that makes one eye nearsighted a bit---I do have glasses to wear when my condition ocasionally irritates me. As I am into historical reinactment at times, My normal glasses are the smalish rimless variety I can wear in both my modern (guy) mode and historical.----fortunately the style works with women too in modern mode, so I am all set should i need glasses. I also have a pair of ladies sunglasses I got at the store on sale for 2 bucks--they are great too, for times when i dont want to bother with eye makeup
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MarinaTwelve200; 04-15-2006 at 07:52 AM.

I have dealt with http://www.eyeglassfactoryoutlet.com/ and they are very CD friendly. I have gotten eyeglasses, non-bifocal, drag queen style for $40 delivered from them. They will deal with you over the telephone and you have to know your prescription.
    "It is better to be looked over than to be overlooked." Mae West

http://360.yahoo.com/ritaknight1999

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ritaknight1999/

I just had to get glasses yesterday. I picked out a pair of unisex frames also. I put my wig on when I got home with the glasses to see how they would look together and they were great.

Love ya lots girls,
    Bobbie

p.s. Happy Easter

women's glasses

My dear hubby has the same problem and loves my glasses to wear but they are not the right prescription so he bought some online For $39.00 what a bargin. and if you get tired of them change them out. But for a truly male or female look I would go with the Semi rimless in a brown or tortious shell. Very decieving and look great on either sex.
    God grant me the serenity to change the things I can, accept the things I can't and the wisdom to know the difference

Wife to Robyn4909