Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wax Is NOT Your Friend

Wax Is NOT Your Friend

All hair removal methods have tricked women with their promises of easy, painless removal - The epilady, scissors, razors, Nair and now...the wax.

My night began as any other normal weeknight. Come home, fix dinner,
    play with the kids. I then had the thought that would ring painfully in my mind for the next few hours: "Maybe I should pull the waxing kit out of the medicine cabinet." So I headed to the site of my demise: the bathroom It was one of those "cold wax" kits. No melting a clump of hot wax, you just rub the strips together in your hand, they get warm and you peel them apart and press them to your leg (or wherever else) and you pull the hair right off. No muss, no fuss. How hard can it be? I mean, I'm not a genius, but I am mechanically minded enough to figure this out. (YA THINK!?!)

So I pull one of the thin strips out. Its two strips facing each other stuck together. Instead of rubbing them together, my genius kicks in so I get out the hair dryer and heat it to 1000 degrees. ("Cold wax," yeah...right!) I lay the strip across my thigh. Hold the skin around it tight and pull. It works! OK, so it wasn't the best feeling, but it wasn't too bad. I can do this! Hair removal no
    longer eludes me! I am She-rah, fighter of all wayward body hair and maker of
    smooth skin extraordinaire.

With my next wax strip I move north. After checking on the kids, I sneak back
    into the bathroom, for the ultimate hair fighting championship. I drop my panties and place one foot on the toilet. Using the same procedure, I apply the one strip across the right side of my bikini line, covering the right half of my *hoo-hoo* and stretching down to the inside of my butt cheek (Yes, it was a long strip) I inhale deeply and brace myself....RRRRIIIPPP!!!!

I'm blind!!! Blinded from pain!!!!....OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!! With my Vision returning, I notice that I've only managed to pull off half the strip. CRAP!!! Another deep breath and RRIIP! P!! Everything is swirly and spotted. I think I may pass ...must stay conscious...Do I hear crashing drums??? Breathe, OK, back to normal. I want to see my trophy - a wax covered strip, the one that has caused me so much pain, with my hairy pelt sticking to it. I want to revel
    in the glory that is my triumph over body hair. I hold up the strip!

There's no hair on it. Where is the hair??? WHERE IS THE WAX???
    Slowly I ease my head down, foot still perched on the toilet. I see the hair. The hair that should be on the strip. I touch. I am touching wax. CRAP! I run my fingers over the most sensitive part of my body, which is now covered in cold wax and matted hair.

Then I make the next BIG mistake...remember my foot is stil propped up on the toilet? I know I need to do something. So I put my foot down. DAMN!!!!!!!! I hear the slamming of a cell door. *hoo-hoo*? Sealed shut! Butt?? Sealed shut!

I penguin walk around the bathroom trying to figure out what to do and think to myself "Please don't let me get the urge to poop. My head may pop off!" What can I do to melt the wax? Hot water!! Hot water melts wax!!! 'll run the hottest water I can stand into the bathtub, get in, immerse the wax-covered bits and the wax should melt and I can gently wipe off, right??? WRONG!!!!!!!

I get in the tub - the water is slightly hotter than that used to torture prisoners of war or sterilize surgical equipment - I sit. OW!, the only thing worse than having your nether regions glued together is having them glued together and then glued to the bottom of the tub...in scalding hot water. Which, by the way, doesn't melt cold wax.

So, now I'm stuck to the bottom of the tub as though I had cement-epoxied myself to the porcelain!!

God bless the man who had convinced me a few months ago to have a
    phone put in the bathroom!!!!!
    I call my friend, thinking surely she has waxed before and has
    some secret of how to get me undone. It's a very good conversation
    starter -"So, my butt and who-ha are glued together to the bottom of the
    tub!"

There is a slight pause. She doesn't know any secret tricks for removal but she does try to hide her laughter from me. She wants to know exactly where the wax is located, "Are we talking cheeks or who- ha?"

She's laughing out loud by now...I can hear her. I give her the rundown and she suggests I call the number on the side of the box. YEAH!!!!!

Right!! I should be the joke of someone else's night. While we go through various solutions. I resort to scraping the wax off with a razor. Nothing feels better then to have your girlie goodies covered in hot wax, glued shut, stuck to the tub in super hot water and then dry-shaving the sticky wax off!!

By now the brain is not working, dignity has taken a major hike and I'm pretty sure I'm going to need Post-Traumatic Stress counseling for this event.

My friend is still talking with me when I finally see my saving grace....the lotion they give you to remove the excess wax. What do I really have to lose at this point? I rub some on and OH MY GOD!!!!!!!

The scream probably woke the kids and scared the dickens out of my friend.

It's sooo painful, I but I really don't care. "IT WORKS!! It works!!" I get a hearty congratulation from my friend and she hangs up.

I successfully remove the remainder of the wax and then notice to my
    grief and despair....THE HAIR IS STILL THERE.......ALL OF IT!!!!!!!!!!

So I recklessly shave it off. Heck, I'm numb by now. Nothing
    hurts You could have amputated my own leg at this point.

Next week I'm going to try hair color..... Now that's funny ........ Notttttttttt
    Last edited by Dana; 04-14-2006 at 02:54 AM.

Aspiring Member

funniest story I've read in ages

thanks

Oh Gawd Dana,
    Ive never laughted so much in my life, you should be a comedian. thanks for sharing it with us, its really brightened up my Good Friday. You are so funny.
    BEVxxx

GypsyKaren
    Actually, there's a scientific formula that would have saved you a lot of discomfort, if only you had referred to it: Hot Wax + Yanking = Pain!

Karen

Knowing how bad my "bad luck" is I can truly picture that happening to me.

I loved the story. Sorry that you had such PAIN but the retelling of the problem is really funny.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Thanks for the lesson. BTW, it was priceless. I see one of those Mastercard commercial things here. I'll let the membership fill in the blanks!
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]

boi - gurl - whatever... Ms. Donna's Avatar
    Never met you - don't know what you look like - and yet I have a mental image of you that will last forever!

Talk about trial by fire! That was way to funny - not to experience - but to hear. Thanks for sharing.

If, by some twisted chance you ever want to try that again - give this a read: Body Sugaring. I have the instructions on my website and it does work - quite well. It might take a few trys to get the paste right, but it is worth it.

And best of all... It's water soluable!

Best of luck in your future hair removal adventures...

Love & Stuff,
    Donna
    Just your average transgender non-op transsexual
    crossdressing genderqueer transgenderist geek.

[SIZE="1"]The obligatory blog: http://wanderingaloud.wordpress.com/[/SIZE]

Not plus sized anymore! sharifemme's Avatar
    Dana...

I felt your pain (well, maybe a little of it anyway).

Laughed until I cried!!!!

Sharifemme

Oh the things we do to make ourselves look beautiful !!!!

Not laughing at you I'm laughing with you

Bunny's submissive girl CharleneCD's Avatar
    Started Bunny and my day off with a good laugh. OOps should I be laughing at your pain?????
    Charlene

Learn To Love Yourself And You will Find That Others Have Always Loved You But You Can Now Accept It.

Dana (chuckles) This has to be one for the books! (chuckles) I mean it is fantastic that you kept your humor through all this (rofl)

I need a good smile this morning and WOW it is going to be a great day after my side quit hurting from laughter. No not laughing at but with.

kathy
    [SIZE=4][SIZE=3]Work toward the betterment of humankind, and you will recieve notariety. Work for the betterment yourself alone and you will only recieve a paycheck.[/SIZE][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Kathy[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Donna
    Never met you - don't know what you look like - and yet I have a mental image of you that will last forever!

Talk about trial by fire! That was way to funny - not to experience - but to hear. Thanks for sharing.

If, by some twisted chance you ever want to try that again - give this a read: Body Sugaring. I have the instructions on my website and it does work - quite well. It might take a few trys to get the paste right, but it is worth it.

And best of all... It's water soluable!

Best of luck in your future hair removal adventures...

Love & Stuff,
    Donna
    I've used sugar wax and I like it much better. Sure it still hurts when the hair comes out, but it doesn't stick to the skin like regular wax. Also, those no-heat strips of wax, as you've found they suck!! I recommend a regular tub of sugar wax, you microwave it for a few seconds, that's all. It takes some practice to do it right(do small patches at a time!).
    I'm tgirl74's girlfriend

I'm crying here, I've heard some things in my time, but that just tops it off as the worst waxing experience..... laughing again....... I've ever read. I'm having visions of you doing this penguin omg, I think I'm going to fall off the bed laughing....... ok, I'm sorry

So are you ok now??? How's the erm... area
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    When are you going to try something else ?

~Samm

PS Seen the adverts at the page bottom ?

NOW I remember why I shave and don't wax! I'd like to say...ala Bill Clinton...that I feel your pain...but I rather doubt it at this point. One helluva funny story though...and remember Dana...we are laughing...through the tears...WITH you here and not AT you! Thanks for being willing to share your adventure...and humor...with all of us! Happy healing hon!

"____________________"

(Words fail me.)

I expect to stop laughing sometime in early 2008. Thanks for sharing!

Erica
    For photos on flickr, my user name is cd_erica_f

Wax is not your friend

Thanks for sharing your horrific experience with a cold wax kit of unnamed brand. I have laughed harder at other stories, but I can't remember when. I can only imagine the excruciating pain and mounting panic in each attempt you executed to escape from this horrible mistake.

I have never used a wax product for my legs, but recently purchased a Veet Wax hair remover kit from the local drug mart. For whatever reason, I have been quite hesitant to try it. I shave my legs about every other day during the week before dressing and have imagined that the wax product would leave me smooth and silky for a lot longer than the two days a blade allows.

Don't think I am nearly so curious any more about wax products and think I will keep on shaving with the good 'ol Gillette for now. I, like you, truly thought that these cold wax systems must be a cure-all for a longer lasting shave. Maybe I'll try a hot wax application from a professional salon some time.
    Thanks again for sharing and bringing some laughter to an otherwise scary and painful experience.
    Love,
    Gretchen

Applause applause applause.!!

Very funny!

Sounds like a hair raising experience to me.
    Cindy
    I am, who I am

I'm sticking this thread up here for a while Should rename it.... Thread of the week
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

IT'S NOT FUNNY!!!!!!!!! but it is. your pain and suffering may help a lot of us in the future. you have to tell us excatly what product you used. what a great story I would love to here the live version. the writen word gave me a good laugh.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

My Mothers other Daughter Janelle Young's Avatar
    Oh dang, now I have to change my panties. Dana that was the funniest thing I have read in a long time. Sorry to laugh at the misfortunes of others but girl that was funny. I can not wait to hear about the hair coloring.

I hope you feel better soon.
    Feeling and looking great

Jasmine and Donna

Swiss Miss

Waxing

Only Kidding ,but Funnest Home Video Show would give you the Grand Prize for that story. I do feel your pain,no I don't, I can't even amagine!
    Stay away from the the Super Glue Please!
    No Pain No Gain Ouch! :nono:

Hope that you are feeling better.
    That was a real belly buster there!!!!

Dana, You should send that story to Eddie Izzard. I'll bet he would pay good money to use that in his stand-up routine. That's the funniest story I've read in a mighty long time.
    Phoebe