Thread: Look out, Helen's about

Look out, Helen's about

So, next week sees the start of ?er in doors being away for 7 days so I?m home alone. Obviously there?s an increased opportunity to dress around the house but also to indulge in a bit of outandaboutery.

Unfortunately there are limiting factors on the amount of time I can go out, things that need doing as drab me. I also need to factor in the calls home while she?s away as well as my coming and going from the house. One other star that aligned is that one of my neighbours, the side that has the best views onto both the driveway and the rear garden are also away which will make things a good deal easier. As you can imagine, a considerable amount of thought and planning is going into the days (3) which I can hopefully get out the house.

I had thought about going to Chester and Cheshire Oaks outlet park as they?re familiar ground to me and incorporating the train and bus into my day but the hours spent travelling took up too much of the day and as I?ll have spent 5-6 hours chauffeuring my SO to her holiday departure point and driving a fair way in the process, I?ve made the decision to keep my days out fairly local within 90 minutes easy drive.

One of my possible locations is the ancient university city of Oxford. There?s a good park and ride service, compact city centre with all the old college?s to see as well as a chance to do a bit of shopping. Gloucester with it?s inland docks is also on the possibles list.

A second possibility involves a visit to a castle and hopefully a chance to meet up with one of the forum members for a chat and a bite to eat. The option I?m keeping quiet on as should it pan out, will hopefully bring back memories for those who have been here as long as me. So await reports!

The weather is looking good for the entire week and one thing I?ve realised is I don?t have much summer wear. My outandaboutery is usually confined to the winter months so going out in sunshine is somewhat alien to me. Thankfully I do have a few summery items and foot wear to match but that doesn?t mean if the opportunity presents itself then a couple more items might find their way into my wardrobe.

So wish me luck, all being well Wednesday next week will see Helen once more out in the big wide world.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Good luck with your outandaboutery. I hope you can visit nice outandabouteresque places. Don't forget to pack your Outandabouterer's Guide to Outandaboutland in your suitcase!

Have a great time Helen. Enjoy!
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

Look forward to your posts as the week progresses

Always fun and exciting planning this special opportunities and most of all is the fun of the unexpected twist and turns it may also take. Sky's the limits. Hope it all works out and happy planning.

Helen, Enjoy your seven glamorous days.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Thanks for all the good wishes. It seems even the weather is going to be warm and sunny. I'll need to be aware of exposed shoulders and getting too much sun too quickly. Last thing I need is things being spoilt by sunburnt skin. Time to dig out the actor 50!

Banned Read only
    Have a fabulous week to yourself. I fondly remember the times my wife would visit our daughter in Chicago. It was 24/7 with evening strolls and sitting on one of our backyard swing sets. Unfortunately my wife fully retired and our daughter moved back to the area.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Hee hee. Enjoy your week Helen. Love that you are planning your DRAB time in amongst a week of dressing. Makes it seem so usual.

Enjoy the freedom.Helen. I wish you luck and envy you!
    Love, Janine.

I love that term 'outandaboutary', Hope you cab have a good week.

Enjoy!
    It is a long time since my Wife went away so don't have the chance to go clean-shaven and put makeup on let alone leave the house full en-femme
    I worry about neighbours seeing too

Aspiring Member
    Hi Helen
    Wherever you go have a good time, but watch the sun. As you know its v warm at present in the UK.
    Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

So now Home alone after a round trip taking 6 hours at the wheel plus breaks so guessing I'll sleep well tonight. Planning to head out tomorrow after an early lunch, the details I'll save for later.

Using the time to wash a few things, making the most of the good drying weather. And of course, legs are now shaved. Pondering whether or not to put on false nails.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed