Thread: Leotards

Leotards

Do many girls wear leotards with tights and has anyone had the possibility of being in a class with ggs wearing them or may-be to a Yoga class and being accepted does anyone in Victoria Australia wish they could go to class Regards Piper

No I haven't but welcome to the forum. The sight of me in a leotard would not be pretty.....Ooh do I get a tutu?!

I placed an order a couple of weeks ago for some leotards and several pairs of tights. They should be delivered anyday now.

rAiNbOw_BaLlErInA KirstyChibiMoon's Avatar

Red face leos rock!

ive been to real ballet classes in tights and a leo....
    pretty much standard uniform and not much difference between the male and femal uniform....
    i added a wrap skirt then went to skirted leotards.....
    my class (all females except me) and i even got to wear some of my ballet dresses to class on special occasions
    C R Y S T A L T W I N K L E Y E L L !
    < < < < < deep curtsey > > > > >
    K i r s t e n C h i b i u s a M o o n
    Kirsty's Home Page

i have always loved leotard where can i get some

I just love to wear leotards and tights
    I don't look good in them ,I just love the way they fit
    Last edited by Barb Valentine; 04-15-2006 at 03:32 PM.
    I just don't have fun -- I make the fun

Life's too short........Enjoy every day

Smile Love to wear leotards but ... sigh

I'm not as slim as I used to be. I have worn a leotard and tights in ballet classes too. Ah, the good old days
    Jeannie (a.k.a. Black Leotards)

Loe's Tards

I wore them at one time but have to save my money for other need clothes.

I love wearing leotards and tights. But I like wearing the leotard OVER the tights, the way girls wear it opposed to the leotard being under the tights, which is how men are supposed to wear it in ballet classes.
    [SIZE="1"]i just wanna DANCE.

myspace[/SIZE]

Crazy Lady
    When I was in elementary school, when my younger sister and her next door girlfriend would play ballet. One time they let me play too, and the friend gave me a leotard to wear. After awhile, we all went out into the hallway to show my mother. No tights though. A couple of years later, I took a ballet class, but the would not let me wear a leotard. I had to wear a tee shirt and tights.

More recent times I have worn tights and a leotard, but not out in public.

I wear tights and leotards all the time. I do work around the house in them. I have not been to any classes wearing them, but I would live to try.

NylonMan

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Lee
    I love wearing leotards and tights. But I like wearing the leotard OVER the tights, the way girls wear it opposed to the leotard being under the tights, which is how men are supposed to wear it in ballet classes.
    I didn't know that
    I just don't have fun -- I make the fun

Life's too short........Enjoy every day

I wear a Leotard sometimes, i'll have some pics on my gallery at my website very soon.
    Janet Johnson

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/OccasionalWoman84

JUST GOT MY LEOTARDS AND BALLET SLIPPERS IN THE MAIL YESTERDAY;BUT MY TIGHTS I ORDRED DID NOT COME IN DUE TO NOLLONGER AVAILABLE. I HAVE TO NOW ORDER A DIFFERENT BRAND WITH MY CREDITED REFUND.

A yoga class wuld be a good place to start. I might attend one or two classes dressed as a male to scope it out first, then show up in the tights and leotards. And definitely tights under the leotards, a leotard with a tanktop style would be just like male dancers wear anyway. Afterwards you could go to a scoop neck leotard or a turtleneck.
    I wear tights all the time, at home lounging around, with a leotard. Add a pair of jeans or jazz pants and a pair of ballet slippers and I am set. I also wear tights/leotards under drab clothes(sometimes not so drab, womens style jeans and slightly feminine tops, and shoes.
    I also have attended ballet classes, but just in tights/t-shirt. But it was great being around all the women in leotards/ballet slippers and being "one of the girls"
    Karen Francis

I attended a jazz/ballet class with a girlfriend for almost two years one night a week. From my experience, I would recommend that you go with the leotards and tights just like you want to wear from the start. My gf agreed with me when I complained that the women had the neat outfits to wear for dance class, and the men's stuff was boring. Also, since I was the only guy, I would stick out more wear something different from them than the same. So from the first class, I wore a short sleeve zip front black womens leotard over black tights right along with the ladies in the class. And that was what I was expected to wear by my classmates from then on. They actually fussed at me if I was not in my leotards. And after a few times coming straight from work without dance clothes, my gf pulled an extra one of her long sleeve leotards and tights from her dance bag and they all insisted that I change into it. They were more feminine and I put them on leotard over the tights, just like she did. I wore all of mine that way from then on. And we added several styles of leotards and unitards for me to wear. The ladies enjoyed me in them as much as I loved wearing them. They treated me like one of the girls for that time even though I was always clearly a man in leotards.

I think coming in wearing a piece at a time gives away the fact that you are unsure of yourself dressing in leotards and tights like the ladies. Be confident and do it right from the start. By coming fully dressed in leotards over tights, the worst thing that can happen is to be asked to dress differently the next time. So you got to wear the whole outfit the first time. And in my class, I was never asked to dress differently. Being with my girlfriend and having her support helped with that a lot. Just come in and peel off your warmups and join in the fun. I admit I was a little nervous for the first class, but my gf insisted I come to my first class in the leotards and tights and not wear a coverup the first time to make sure I could not change my mind.

Back at home, leotards and tights are very comfortable to lounge around the house in.

If you are lucky enough to live around the Denver area, a friend told me about a dance school that encourages guys to dress as gals. They have a ballet class as well as jazz and others. Here is the link: http://www.flashdancestudios.com/index.shtml

Have always loved to wear a leotard and tights or a catsuit. It was wearing one that lead me to becoming a TV.