Thread: Getting ready to go on vacation, then THIS happened.

Getting ready to go on vacation, then THIS happened.

Hello

In a couple of weeks. like two at this point, my wife and I are headed to Las Vegas. I was and am still ready to go. Haven't been in 4 years or so.

That's the we are going on vacation side. Now this happened side.

Out shopping the other day in University Village, love that place. I, like usual was how we say Miad my usual attire. As we are walking around we come across a large metal penguin sculpture. There is an inside joke about penguins between myself and my wife. So I pose next to said penguin to recreate the photo from the pst. My wife takes the picture. It was quite sunny that day so I had to wait a moment to look at the photos. I was horrified by why I saw staring back at me. Now I know I am older and have a few extra pounds that just don't seem t budge, thanks to some medications and age. But I look at this picture and I looked PREGNANT! Like ready to pop pregnant.My confidence that I have spent all year building back up since the last pool outing in RENO is just shot at this point. No wearing that shirt again I can tell you that. much.

So I'm working on that again. We have reserved lounge chairs and a day bed at the pool in Vegas. I've got my red bikini ready to go and a great sun hat plus a good book. Still. my confidence is just shot to hell, for. now. I know that breasts help to balance out the proportions and that I just need to hold my head up and go. I'll love my time and the pool will be nice.

Mostly what I am saying is if your ego is fragile and you're hard on yourself. You are not alone and you shouldn't be.

See you all in Vegas at the pool!
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

Natasha, I feel you. I have been fighting my second trimester for a while.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Natasha, Go have a great time and if the smile in your avatar is any indication you will. Deal with the unwanted lbs later
    Crissy

I'm right there with you Natasha. I'm your typical 65 year old male, so I have a pot gut. I usually try to wear loose fitting dresses or top with jeans to try and sort of hide the gut.
    The Pink Fog will be with you, always!

We are always our own harshest critics. That said, I get it. I've lost 20 lbs in the last year, but I still hate how I look. I want to lose another 30. I've told myself I have to lose another 10 before I'll try venturing out more than the limited amounts I already have. I'm not sure it's motivation or terrifying

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    As u say, Natasha, we r our own worse critic! But, even knowing that I take those 5 or 10 extra pounds very seriously. Because they go rite to my waist

If Sherry develops a permanent spare tire I quit dressing!

If that sounds hypocritical, remember I'm 80 and still quite active. Just 10 extra pounds makes me feel sluggish and tires me out.

U young whippersnappers can weigh what u please. But, when u get old like me if u don't seriously trim down you'll face negative health consequences!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I know the feeling of putting on too much weight. I was getting frustrated my bras were feeling too tight. The wife and I started The Conqueror Challenge, a virtual race thing, and it has motivated us a lot, since January we have lost over 30 pounds each and now I do about 5 miles a day on the treadmill 6 days a week. Plus side is my skirts are getting a little too big and a reason to wear sports bras when working out

I have never had a bikini body and don't see me getting one ever! So your getting older... wear larger sunglasses and a floppy hat to go with a smaller bikini! No one will look at your face!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Thanks Ladies.
    Karen. I just might do that!
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

I had gained about 15 pounds during COVID, i.e., COVID 15.

Well, I decided that I needed to lose some of that weight. Without thinking about it too much, I started eating less for each meal and skipping a meal now and then or replacing said meal with fruits instead of "animal". Well, I just went to the doctor for a regular checkup and I'm now down to 149! This is even less than I weighed when the COVID lockdown started. I'm now hoping that I can fit into some of the sexy dresses that I grew out of.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.