Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Closeted CDs

hello Jodie,
    I have decided to call myself a "stay at home crossdresser". I crossdress in private not in secret. I under-dress in public.
    To me that is different from being "in the closet" or dressing up being a "secret" - that makes it sound as if I am ashamed to be a crossdresser.
    I know it is only words, and to others there might not be a difference, but it means something to me.
    luv J

J,

I agree with you and would say I'm the same. I've learned not to feel ashamed so I'm moving towards becoming a private crossdresser as opposed to a secret one. That's a good perspective, and thanks for sharing. At this point I don't really have a desire to go out in public either. So, private it is.

I'm surprised that so many of us are sill in the closet or stuck in the house.

I've seen many of your pics and many of you are quite passable, even pretty or hot. It's a shame that you can't get out of the closet or out of the house if that's what you want deep inside.

I'm a member of a couple of DC area CD/TG Meetup groups. You can search for us. I've been going out with the same set of girls since 2007, although some new girls join and other girls disappear.

To paraphrase the Beach Boys, "I wish you could all be DC girls."

If you're ever in DC, PM me and maybe we can meet if I can work out the logistics on my end.

Note that this would be a social meeting at a public location. I'm not at all interested in "play time".
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 07-20-2023 at 05:19 AM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    My 'closet' is my own house, in which I live alone (By Choice) and can CD anytime I want to any degree. A day session every week or 10 days is enough for me to get my CD "FIX". My only "Problem" is that I have been getting BORED a bit as of late, always looking for something NEW to try---be it a new makeup experiment, s different dress mode, wigs etc. (Check out my "Blonding Around" thread in the Photo Gallery forum, where I try ALL Blonde Looks.) or try to emulate a celebrity like Sophia Loren. Personally, I think it would be CRAZY for a six foot, 74 year old guy to go out in public like that---- Save for the (Very) occasional Halloween party or Church "Womanless Beauty Contest".

I'm deeply closeted. Only a handful of women have seen me in any sort of cd since I put on the first bra and panties swiped from my step mom when I was 13 going on three decades ago. And most of the women that have seen it thought it was kinky fetish play they initiated. Even though I ended up sleeping afterwards in the bra and usually panties I had on for the "games".

Just another 'Gurl'
    I have put myself back in the closet. My wife knows and although supportive with wanting to help do my makeup, I have not wanted to dress around her. I have not gone out dressed in years, but as Karen said above "I have had my fun."
    I had some amazing times going out dressed and a number of my friends and a few family members knew. Although, I must admit, now that I think about it, I guess I was never 100% out. Afterall, my siblings, parents etc have never known.
    Last edited by Kitty Sue; 07-28-2023 at 01:02 PM.
    Just another man in a dress

I've never thought of myself as being in the closet. I just don't have any desire to appear in public. I'm a crossdresser because I love the clothes and I like wearing them. There's a certain classic style I like - pre mini skirt. Wearing these clothes in the comfort of my home gives me all the satisfaction I need.

Veronica this sounds like my story to the T. My wife says, " I don't understand, I don't care, and I don't want to be a part of it. I have never had the desire to try and pass. Kind of impossible with a beard anyway and I do not want to shave it off. I do enjoy underdressing and at home when the wife is away I go 100% feminine including makeup, false eyelashes and nails, and jewelry. Sometimes an auburn wig or I just do my very long gray hair.

My wife knows, but does not want it to be a part of our relationship. Sad, but she does understand that it is part of who I am. I underdress everyday, and for me it works. Deborah
    Last edited by Deborah G; 08-06-2023 at 04:26 PM.

At one time I felt that I was pretty much out of the closet, but the recent anti-trans trend has made me uncomfortable, so I?m more closeted than I was.
    What do I do on days when I don't crossdress? I have no idea.

I feel like people suspect something of me. I don't go out fully dressed in public but I do go out with shaved legs, painted nails, eye shadow, women's jewelry, and perfume. I hold a sort of intimidation where I live. I'm not scary looking as man but I was a boxer for a long time so people don't really mess with me.

I dress fully at home when I'm in the mood. Sadly, the last couple of years have kind of put me off and I've rarely dressed at all. I still attend my CD support group meetings where I get dressed but I've missed nearly as many as I've attended. Maybe my getting older has something to do with it. Feel more depressed the last couple of years than usual.

Closeted. I have taken a set of undies with me on vacation a few times and wore them in the hotel room. Pro tip: always throw the deadbolt / door latch.

One time I bought something that was on sale at Victoria's Secret and was wearing it in the room when I heard the door beep and being opened. Thankfully the door latch stopped it from opening completely. I quickly changed and stuck my head out the door and a bellhop apologized and said the guest he was with was supposed to be in my room but there was a mix up. They went back downstairs and were given a different room on the floor.

I still remain in the closet, but in this sense, I consider the closet my entire home. Living alone, I'm able to dress freely within the comfort of my own home. If I have an occasional guest over, I have to hide some of the feminine home decor items I have out, that may lead to some confusion. If they were to ever open a few drawers or go into the master closet, would they be in for a shock. Still trying to find the courage to expand my life beyond my own home.

I am closeted to friends and family but wore a wig and bikini yesterday. It was to a nudist beach in a different country to where I live. My wife and I a planning a weekend away at a hotel fully dressed.

In the closet to friends and family, but I underdress 24/7 and fully dress at home. I got remarried about 10 yrs ago and told her about my 💓 of dressing in woman's clothes. She has been supportive ever since, we even shop together.

Im also in the closet. My wife knows but doesnt want to know if that makes sense. She knows I use her use her clothes. Sometimes she will ask me if I like to play with her bra or panties. I say yes and she smiles at me. Sometimes she will ask me if I wear them and before I can say yes she says I know you like pretty lacy things so you just use them for ? well you know. I will let her decide when if and how much she wants to know.

I see many who consider that a CD who doesn't go out or come out to everyone around him is in the closet. I have to disagree. I don't feel any urge to go out, my dressing is private and that is the way I want it to stay, no closet here. I don't intend to come out to the world either. Just like I don't necessarily share the musics I compose or the short stories I write, and many other things I do, they're for me and my wife and I am content with that. In these matters as in the CDing I am happy being my own judge since I do them for me not for the world. No closet here either, at least not since I finally came out to my wife.

If you want to go and see the world dressed, post pictures, tell the whole planet, knock yourself out, get your kicks, but do not try shoehorning everyone else in your particular vision of CDing. You should probably stop seeing closets everywhere, one size doesn't fit all and not everyone feels like he is in a closet because he can't tell the world about his female alter ego. My female alter ego is perfectly happy lounging on the couch looking in awe at her shoes like a silly and doesn't need nor seek any endorsement. Thank you!

I Dress with just a bra top and panties for a few hours while wife is out

I'm totaly in the closet not even my SO knows. So I have a question for those living in the closet when living with people who do not know, where do you keep your clothes, mine are in a bag in the garage. I have no intention of letting my SO know that I dress if she finds out she finds out and I will cross that bridge when and if it arises,.so that is where my clothes will stay when not in use.

Let's see. When I first started with panties and bras, I had two hiding places. One was in the bottom draw of my dresser, underneath some old boy clothes. The second was in a box with western-style cowboy boots. I stuffed manties into the boots all the way down to the toe. I stuffed a sock at the top of the "shank" to keep the panties from being seen.

One time my wife saw me packing a bra in my luggage before I went out of town. She really blew a gasket. I thought that she might go an a search and destroy mission as soon as I left. I had a couple days before going out of town, so I rented a storage locker and put almost everything there. I left a few panties in some obvious hiding places in the house, so if she found them, she would think that she got them all.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I'm slowly coming out of the closet. In the last two weeks I've gone out twice during the day and have taken pictures of myself that I've posted on here for everyone to see. I've been to the GNO in OKC three out of the last six months and plan on doing my best to make the next two and then the three day event in Nov. When I've been out taking pictures, and will do again either Tues or Thur this week, I do my best to avoid other people. Since my makeup skills are so bad it would be easy to tell I'm a man in women's clothing. That's why I use FaceApp before I post the pictures.
    The Pink Fog will be with you, always!

I am closeted but, being widowed for 7 years I can indulge my dressing all day, every day. I have to moderate it when the kids come to visit on a Sunday evening. I cook them dinner, at which time I may be wearing femme clothes but androgynous enough to still be "Dad". It's the same when I go out, I wear all femme clothes but look like society expects. I am happy with that.

I have been getting claustrophobic in my closet.

Michaela, I'm right there with you. My wife passed away July 5th of last year, so I can also dress any time I wnat at home. Just getting used to the idea.
    The Pink Fog will be with you, always!