Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shaving legs

Shaving legs

i want to shave my legs so I can wear some dresses.
    if kids ask why what kind of excuses i can give

gurls throw your ideas, would love to try it. have a 15 and 8 year old girls living with me + wife (not in good terms DADT mode, so she is not going to notice it)

I shaved my legs for years without my kids knowing. Easy; don't wear shorts around the house.

Now, your wife? Oof. I'm sorry things are rough. I wouldn't push it if I were you, even if she's likely to not see your legs shaved. She may figure out anyway. If she does figure it out, that's one more pressure on a precarious situation.

Hmm I just told people that I like the clean look and feeling. I told them they should try it lol.

Noting was really ever said beyond that.

I spilled gorilla glue on my leg, and the only way to get it off was to shave it. Then my legs were mismatched so I had to shave them to make them look the same.

Ha, I tried to come up with all kinds of excuses like that. None of them work. Haha.

Sandi

If you are in DADT mode your wife will notice, she would most likely in any event. Women do not miss much, what she has to say is a whole other story.
    Crissy

Likely no one will notice. Do you notice if any other males have hairless legs?

The first time I shaved my legs--on a business trip--my wife didn't notice.

I shave all of the time now. I spend a lot of time in shorts; bike shorts, tennis shorts, golf shorts, shorts shorts. I coach boys and girls high school tennis; no one has ever said anything.

I also do triathlons, so if anyone ever asks I can use that as an excuse (for example, easier to apply sunscreen without hair on your legs).

One time a dental hygienist noticed my shaved legs, and she said she knew I was a runner because an ex-boyfriend of hers was a runner and shaved his legs. I just went with that.

Just do it. Likely no one will notice.
    I'm Sun-Dee at Kandi's Land; read about my outings here:

https://www.kandis-land.com/author/dee/

I just started shaving them, no explanation was needed, no one ever asked.
    The hair on my legs was always a light color anyways.

I did have someone ask why I shaved my chest. I simply told her a hairy chest sticking out of a dress looks really bad. lol
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Aspiring Member
    If you bicycle or run you have a great excuse. You are bound to fall sometime, and hairless legs are much better to bandage. That’s why many bikers and runners shave. It’s worked for me.

Shaved legs and underarms are much more comfortable. I've been shaving my legs for years, I wish I would have started sooner. My legs are my best feature. Nobody has ever said anything to me about it, though I'm kind of the quiet type that goes unnoticed most of the time.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    With all the great skin toned tites available I'm surprised anyone here shaves their legs.

Except for u furry bears!

Thank goodness I've never had to shave them in 25+ years of dressing! Such a joy not to have that hassle!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

No one notices or comments (my legs and arms have been shaved for 20 or more years and the hair just doesn't grow there any more)

I shave my legs, (chest and arm pits too) have done for over a year. I have three teen boys they have never said a word. My SO knows as I told her before I started, she wasn't happy at first but after seeing them shaved she says it is not that noticeable and she don't mind it. She has said in conversation to the kids that Dad shaves his legs, not one batted an eye lid tbh. I wear shorts all the time, even at work. No one has ever said anything. I don't know if they have noticed or not. I think kids are a lot more accepting of gender differences these days which is polar opposite to my generation.

I have thought about responses if something was said and the one I thought best plausible reason was that I like swimming but the best one I have said to my wife is I just feel cleaner shaved.

(Wife knows about dressing sort of accepts it but not happy about it)

who cares anymore ?, here in the uk all ikers and anyone who goes to the gym shave there legs, mines been shaved for 20 years and nodbody has even batted an eylid, lets face it , if you looked at a neighbours les and think are they shave or is that natural ? are you going to ask him ?. 100% NOOOOOOO, so if they think your legs are shaved are they going to ask you ?

Everyday shaver

I have been shaving my whole body for a number years and had very few comments and never about my legs. Getting out of the pool one day I a female friend asked if I shaved under my arms. I answered yes and that was the end of the conversation. I prefer the feel and the look. Body creams and especially sun cream goes on much easier. It has to be more hygienic especially if you have a good shaving regime. I shave every day in the shower and it probably adds about 5 minutes to my showering time. Post shower moisturiser is essential and one of those little brushes to stop ingrowing hairs is useful too. I use a lady shaving blade on my body to reduce the chance of shaving nicks.

Siva, I have been shaving everything below my nose for 20 years and I have had two comments. One from a guy in a locker room, of which I turned the question back on him. The other from my step-daughter and I just told her I found the hair itchy, which she accepted.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Being outdoors a lot I need to use sunscreen. Its a lot easier to put on with no hair so I am more likely to use it...Its for my own good.
    At least that is what I say

Reality Check
    Your wife will notice and so will your kids. Whether other people will notice depends a lot on how hairy you are to start with. If you resemble Sasquatch, they will notice. If you have little hair elswhere on your body, they maany not notice.

Any excuse you come up with for shaving your legs is just that, an "excuse". They will see through it.

You might get by with trimming your leg hair to 3/8" or so with an electric man's groomer.

This won't work in hot weather, but once it cools down, you can simply wear tights under your skirts or dresses. Pick a color that goes with your outfit.
    Krisi

Banned Read only
    A lot depends upon how hairy you are to begin with. It you're really hairy shaving will be noticed. If you have do not have a lot of hair, and if the hair is light and fine you may fly under the radar. My genetic profile has blessed me with no hair follicles on my thighs and calves as well as my underarms. My wife (DADT) says my lack of hair is "Wasted on a guy!" as she suffers through shaving her legs and underarms. My legs are as smooth as a baby's butt. The only comment I ever got was from my adult daughter when she was in her late 20's. Sitting across from me when I had shorts on (shorts even in winter) she asked if I shaved my legs. I asked her if it took this long for her to notice the absence of hair and I explained I do not have hair follicles on my legs.

I see a lot of guys wearing shorts with clean legs. Unless that is a natural look you're going to have to suffer along with the women in your life; shaving all the time.

Avatar: not me (I wish!) racquelr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    With all the great skin toned tites available I'm surprised anyone here shaves their legs.
    Thank goodness I've never had to shave them in 25+ years of dressing! Such a joy not to have that hassle!
    For me, shaving my legs is more about how they feel than how they look. I'm fortunate that I don't have very hairy legs so I can mostly get by without shaving, but the smoothness of shaving what little I do have feels great.
    I love how it feels with smooth legs in a dress or on the sheets in the bed.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I know shaved legs seems to blow a lot of folks hair back here, Racquel.

But, for me nothing beats the feel of slick, smooth, shiny, nylons, or panty hose! And, u don't need to shave to feel them!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Shaving legs - never needed an excuse or reason.
    Shaving chest - my hair sticking out when I wear light T-shirts looks gross. Besides Chris Hemsworth does it and his bare chest doesn't bother you, now does it?
    Shaving under arms - It helps with BO
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

wow lot of tips - thanks gurls you are all so supportive and amazing. i shaved a small area in my leg to be visible. if i asked what happened was going to say the story about acid spilling on me
    slowly going to expand that area for the full leg

Wait WHAT?
    Answers were
    Like the clean look
    No one asked x2
    Runner- biker
    No one cares x5
    Itchy
    Easier for sunscreen

And you come up with story about spilling acid???

Ok????

Just tell your wife the truth if she asks .plus she should be in the loop Incase the child notice.
    Little lies add up and make things much worse.
    No games please with your wife……trust me she will see thr it and it adds up.
    Last edited by Di; 08-09-2023 at 10:24 AM.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

I like to be pretty Joanne Curl's Avatar
    I’m diabetic and I’ve lost most of the hair on my extremely hairy legs. I shave them every couple of days to catch the stragglers. Nobody has said word. It’s been a few years and I wear shorts all the time. I love them hairless, smooth and soft

Trust me, she?ll notice. Tell her you?re interested in biking or swimming. I love it. Shower, shave, scented body lotion, then slipping on sheer hose. Ahhhh.