Thread: Getting more comfortable daily

Getting more comfortable daily

Well I have gone to two doctors appointments in the passed week dressed sans wig and makeup. No reactions one way or the other. It may be different going to a mall or such. But I do know I am enjoying expressing myself more openly.

Are you looking for a reaction? No reaction tells you that you are doing it RIGHT.
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

I am glad to hear it went well, Angela. But if you continue going out dressed, be prepared for reactions. They will happen sooner or later.

Absolutely. I am well aware of that. But I have hidden my true self for so long. At 69 my view is ?your opinion is none of my business?
    Last edited by char GG; 08-14-2023 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Not necessary to quote the post just before yours

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Sounds TOO comfortable to me, Angela. Try it with wig and makeup next time!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 08-14-2023 at 08:34 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Of course, there will be reaction. There always are. Just don't seek out scenarios in order to get them. Prepare yourself for them but don't seek them out. Be safe and always have a positive attitude. If you are always worried about being read, then you will definitely put yourself in a position to be read.

Be safe. Be smart.
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

I know what you mean. I am at the point that I dress every day. At least something.

I am getting more open too.

Reality Check
    So you went to the doctor dressed, but no wig or makeup. Were you wearing breast forms and hip and butt padding? Or just women's jeans and T shirt?

Personally, since my doctors all know I am a male, I dress as a male when I go to see them. For the rest of the "public", it's either male or female. I can't imagine walking around town in women's clothes, boobs and hip and butt padding, but no wig or makeup (unless I had natural long hair and didn't need a wig to look like a woman).

It's either Krisi or Homer, never "Kromer".
    Krisi

At the concert venue where I work, I often see young men wearing women's clothes, but they forgo the wigs, hip pad, and forms and heels. They wear minimal makeup but usually have polished nails, and don't seem to think all of the accoutrements of additional women items are necessary. They also don't seem to be "trying to pass", but seem comfortable and/or give out the illusion vibes of being satisfied with their look.

The older generation is always dressed to emulate a woman with all of the details.

I suppose the minimal cding it is a generational thing. They certainly are saving a lot of money without all of the extras.
    Last edited by char GG; 08-14-2023 at 02:14 PM.

Agree with Char the younger generation are wearing what they want .

Not so black and white for them.
    A big positive step
    Glad you are being free to be Angela Marie
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Just to be clear I only wore a nice top and women?s shorts. No breast forms or hip pads.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Char and Di, it's a different world for youngsters. They were raised around androgenous dressed folks!

While us oldsters r very binary!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Char and Di, it's a different world for youngsters. They were raised around androgenous dressed folks!

While us oldsters r very binary!
    David Bowie in the '70s: Hold my pint.

You know char now that you mention it, I have noticed younger men that have painted nails, feminine jewlry, maybe a little makeup, but not really dressed. Maybe that's the new, I'll dress and do as I want generation. If so I say more power to them, it would help toward breaking those gender barriers down.

Angela Marie, That's wonderful. Other than a few troglodytes in society, nobody cares.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

In my view, being comfortable in that different "skin" is the main goal whether in private or in public. Psychologically it is a matter of finding what works that settles the discomfort (dysphoria) of a mismatch between your sense of self (identity) and what you show on the outside (identity expression). Making them parallel, whether only in private or in public, is the goal to settle the itch of knowing they are not consistent. It is normal to desire others to know who we are on the inside. You can wear a sign hanging around your neck or you can just dress the part. Wearing a sign in decidedly weirder than just dressing the part whether you are passable or not. Some males have a lot of female-like gender traits and characteristics and some females are the other way around. It is OK. Some will strongly disagree and those are the ones you need to give a wide berth.

It's great that you've become comfortable. Avoiding embarrassing the wife is the biggest barrier for me.

I went various places today about like Angela described. Skinny jeans, woman's polo shirt, small forms, no wig or make-up. Meds I'm on are changing things where I feel a bit exposed wearing a t-shirt or polo without a bra. I added small forms to fill things out. I also am getting to the age where I don't care too much. Even without the wig or make-up, I much prefer the look and feel of the casual woman's attire. I may be fooling myself, but I don't think I stand out as much that way as when I'm in full femme. Even in a wig and make-up it is still obvious I'm a male.

Oh my goodness, I would love that. I wish I could go out as myself all the time - haven?t done it once yet.