Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What can I expect when ?flying pretty??

Bumped to first class, big comfy seats, free booze?I?d walk up, show them my license and take the seat, just the same as if I was presenting as male.
    Last edited by char GG; 08-26-2023 at 04:05 AM. Reason: Not necessary to quote the post just before yours
    Rebecca Bas

Quote Originally Posted by siva View Post
    I have never tried enfemme, but would be interesting.
    so let's say if you get bumped up to first class and they call your name for the seat assignment - how do you handle it?
    anybody flown in first class enfemme
    Never got bumped to first class but when boarding Alaska Airlines flights in Anchorage they used to scan your boarding pass at the gate then say something like "Enjoy your flight Mr. Smith!" or "Thanks for flying with us today Miss Jones!" reading your name off your boarding pass. Being a somewhat small town and having lived there for many years it seemed like there was always several people on the plane I knew in my male life. I always dreaded standing there in a dress and makeup with the agent calling out "Have a great flight Mr. Drab!" and having someone in line recognize me. But the gate agents were always discrete and either didn't use a name for me or at least used the correct pronoun.

can Airline reject from boarding because of your dressing up?
    has anybody come across the flight attendants/gate agents questioning? if yes how did you handle it
    i am really nervous to try it out

Banned Read only
    One of the great things about living in this woke era is that people in public and customer service positions tend to go out of their way to be respectful and courteous to trans folk. For purposes of being out and about dressed, you will be treated as a trans person. This means, they will almost certainly use appropriate pronouns that match your presentation and they will be courteous and respectful when you're going through security. Beyond that, and speaking from experience, NO ONE CARES. They have their eyes peeled for weapons and potential weapons. They do not care about your outfit.
    Last edited by char GG; 08-26-2023 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Please do not quote the post just before yours

Siva, I think the only reason they will give you any grief about your clothes is if it totally too revealing or has some slogan which could be deemed offensive or inflammatory. So unless you plan to wear a see through teddy as your complete outfit or your white supremacist swastika t-shirt you'll probably be OK but use your best judgement!

one of the things is - you may run into people you know in the flight or in the airport

Last summer I got stranded in Atlanta overnight. While the airline did put me in a hotel overnight, as it was their fault, I had no access to my luggage. If I had been flying pretty, it would not have been fun without my luggage.

Sandi

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    I'm one of those who has never flown pretty -- and probably never will.

Not really my thing (best I'd probably do is like leggings & hoodie, in guy-mode? ).

At the same time? Mad props to those who do!

Anyway, Wren, it seems like you're way over-thinking this?

The most important thing to remember is probably this...

Quote Originally Posted by Heisthebride View Post
    Be aware of what you are wearing when you go through TSA. Slip off shoes are easier, don?t wear a lot of metal jewelry. Think about things like underwire in your bra, is it metal or plastic. Things like that.

Most of all just enjoy the experience. Don?t get in your head about who thinks what. What?s important is how you feel about it, so just savor the opportunity and have fun.

Oh, and what Monica said in both her posts. If you're presenting okay, and acting "normal" enough? Nobody really cares! At least on a "common-courtesy-&-respect-in-a-public-space-especially-an-airport" kinda level, ya know?

I fly regularly as Robyn and have never had any big problems. I do get questioned at times if this is the correct ID and I just tell them yes I am trans. Most of the times they seem relived. I have flown so much now that it I look forward to what will happen. The TSA agents have seen almost everything so they are real cool with it once they feel confident that you are who your ID says you are. I don't get offended if they don't recognize me from my ID, it really is a compliment if they have a hard time figuring it out. They have a hard job to do but most really do try to be polite and respectful.
    " I have to tell you, sweetheart, my breasts are as smooth and beautiful as the day that I bought them " Lola from Kinky Boots

Quote Originally Posted by Claire M View Post
    Carla one can't be too careful with those exploding boobs! Were they in your bra or your carry on?
    Ha, ha. In the TSA X-ray machine, silicone boobs are hard to distinguish from C4, so expect some notice, but understanding from TSA.

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn n TN View Post
    They have a hard job to do but most really do try to be polite and respectful.
    Actually, they do have to be polite and respectful. They are, in a way, public servants. You can report bad experiences. I think that they they wear name badges. If they're too surly, get their name as ask for a supervisor. It's your right. I think even asking for a supervisor will clear up any excessive surliness. As they say, "Stand your ground."

I'm an engineer so I over-analyze everything, but here are my experiences.

I would love to fly pretty, but leaving the house dressed would violate one of my DADT boundaries i.e., leaving the house dressed. I just don't think that it's worth the trouble for me to change at the airport either before or after security.

A long time ago, I went through TSA as a man wearing a bra. I did this to test the waters, so to speak. The only interesting thing that happened was waiting for the car rental shuttle. The was a couple waiting behind me and I think that the GG spotted my bra strap and whispered something to the guy she was with. Nothing was said to me, and this is only my "spidey sense" in action. I had thought about talking points in advance, so I had a script in mind for several different scenarios, but I never had to use any of them.

Another time I was going on assignment for multiple 2-week stints alone, without any of my work colleagues. Since I was going to have weekends free out of town, I wanted to discover some adventures. I packed girl and boy clothes in my checked luggage, but I kept my forms and jewelry in carry-on. I kept my forms in carry-on because I expected them to be inspected one way or the other and I wanted to be present when they were inspected. I kept my jewelry in my carry-on because I didn't want it checked where "sticky fingers" might abscond with it.

So get up to TSA and everything is like usual until I see my bag going back and forth through the X-Ray machine. I go up to the TSA guy and tell him quietly that I had breast forms in my bag, He said that they would need to inspect them. Before I could even ask, he asked me if I wanted a private inspection. Yes. We went to a private room, with 2 TSA agents, and I took out my breast forms for their inspection. They also wanted to inspect my jewelry. The only thing I was asked was why do I have "so much" jewelry. I probably responded with something like "to look pretty". They said I passed, but I asked them if I could re-pack my carry-on in private and not in front of everyone. TSA had no problem with that.

TSA posts a lot of guidelines on their web page. I knew in advance that I could ask for (and get) a private screening. I knew that I could ask for a supervisor if I felt uncomfortable. I knew that I could ask for a male or female screener, but I didn't care who screened me. As I said, I had some memorized scripts for some anticipated circumstances. But, overall, the screening was relatively routine.

Read the TSA web page and know your rights, and be prepared to demand them if necessary.

BTW, TSA almost treats this as a disability and "grants reasonable accommodations". I have sleep apnea and use a CPAP device at home. I also travel with it in a small bag, and I know the rules. Primarily, it does not count as a bag. I was checking into the plane with my carry-on bag, and my "personal bags", i.e., my computer bag any my CPAP bag. The boarding agent told me I could only have one "personal bag." Almost simultaneously, we both said, "Medical bag". Problem solved. Breast forms are almost treated like a medical bag.

Otherwise, fly happy. Breathe and pretend what you're doing is normal for TSA and for you.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 10-28-2023 at 03:08 AM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I have flown several times in hybrid mode, mostly in leggings over the past 10 years. For me the difficult thing is you usually fly out of a local place, running the risk of running into someone you know. Over those years my gf knew and approved of me traveling like that, as I chose to keep that mostly private. I think you?d be surprised at how ok it is to dress however you want.

I went through TSA in July and had no issues, funny stories, but no issues. I was wearing ocean blue side zip pants and a red body suit, a bra with silicone inserts and stockings and heels on, oh, and a chastity belt. My face is male, but everything else is feminine. Go the scanner and beep, tell me to step back and check my pockets and remove my heels. No pockets on these pants, so I smiled and removed my heels, beep again. I tell the guy I am wearing a chastity belt, and says you have to go through the body scanner. Go through, and the screen is red in the chest, back, and crotch area. He tries to clear my chest, let him know I have a bra and inserts in. Clears that, tries to do the crotch area, and I let him know I have a chastity belt on. He gets his supervisor, and he comes back. The worker says a little loudly, he is wearing a chastity belt, a few looks from nearby people, and says we have to go to the room. So I am walking in stocking feet as they carry my heels and backpack. I go in the room and unzip my pants; they snicker a bit and say I am good to go. I didn't have to unsnap my bodysuit or remove my panties, they could clearly see the belt. From there, it was pretty straightforward and uneventful. A few looks on the plane, but nothing was said.

Wow! Bold move. A chastity belt.

I'd love to try one and maybe even be forced to wear one where she keeps the key. But no way would I leave the house wearing one. Way too scary for me!

BTW, was it a male style or a female style?
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandi Beech View Post
    Last summer I got stranded in Atlanta overnight. While the airline did put me in a hotel overnight, as it was their fault, I had no access to my luggage. If I had been flying pretty, it would not have been fun without my luggage.

Sandi
    Seems like it would be more fun because you get to stay in girl mode.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sometimes Steffi View Post
    Wow! Bold move. A chastity belt.

I'd love to try one and maybe even be forced to wear one where she keeps the key. But no way would I leave the house wearing one. Way too scary for me!

BTW, was it a male style or a female style?
    It was a female style belt, so everything is very smooth under panties and yes no key on me either. It was a bit embarrassing but loved it at the same time.

I'm usually smooth enough just wearing panties and my usual shaper.

But, I did just by my first gaff. It has a "camel toe" to hide the bump and replace it with something much more feminine looking

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    I once brought hollisters spray glue in my carry on. Yes it's a flammable aerosol spray. It is also of the exact size allowed on tsa website for those with medical needs. I carried it in mainly to be there if they had a problem. I honestly don't think anyone noticed it. No questions at all.