Thread: Making a move

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar

Making a move

After 28 years in our home, my wife and I decided it's time to downsize a bit (smaller house, bigger property). We'll be moving from a home in a development with a postage-stamp lot to a 2 acre property that is 60% wooded. Our closest neighbors are a football field away (besides the deer&#129315. It will be so nice to not have to worry about prying eyes and nosey neighbors. I don't think any of the many deer that live there will care how I'm dressed!
    I've also learned that I have way too much clothing in both of my wardrobes-time to clean out a bit! I can't wait for the quiet country life. There's a bonus, both of my daughters live across from each other a mile down the road. Life is good!
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

Platinum Member
    Enjoy the new place. The woodland to house ratio sounds like an improvement and while the deer will be watching, they are known to be quite accepting and discrete.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

prettytoes, Enjoy your new home.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Sounds wonderful! Two acres and wildlife. Hope there are some woods mixed in there. We have been thinking something similar but we will need to win a lottery or something. In most of Colorado 2 acres would be a minimum of a couple million bucks. It's absurd.

The freedom to be who you are and out in Nature as well should bring big smiles to your face and warm feelings inside. Enjoy it.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Sounds a bit like a retirement move. And a beautiful change in venue. So, get online. You're going to need a whole new addition to your wardrobe.
    Outdoor clothes, housekeeper uniforms, leotards, tights, etc.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Banned Read only
    Envious I am. A large parcel of wooded land and privacy is great for dressing and stepping outdoors. Before my neighbor to the south cut down his tall laurel bushes I had a lot of privacy for Stephanie to leisurely read and eat her meals on one of the many swing sets in the back yard. With all the deer in your yard you should read up on what deer like to eat and avoid planting it.

Your situation sounds a lot like mine.
    We did the same thing, moving from a neighborhood on small lots to the quiet of the woods in Pa. I stopped caring about what the neighbors thought long before we moved but now I don't care at all and the freedom to be me is so wonderful.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

prettytoes, sounds like you are making a move you will enjoy.
    The Pink Fog will be with you, always!

We did the same thing except we went from a large wooded lot to a large open lot on a lake with a bit less privacy and too much family too nearby. We were moving from Alaska to the Midwest so moving costs were greater than $1 per pound. Since we were paying for it from our own pockets we purged a lot of stuff accumulated over 30+ years living there ... including most of Claire's wardrobe. I limited myself to one medium moving box. I kept the essentials (wigs, forms, etc) but purged all but 2 outfits. We moved in the middle of COVID so replenishing my collection has been slow but nice to be rid of a lot of things I rarely, if ever, wore.

Enjoy your new home and new life. It's really a great lifestyle. And yes ... the deer will eat ANYTHING (even stuff the local greenhouse said was deer-proof!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Claire M View Post
    And yes ... the deer will eat ANYTHING (even stuff the local greenhouse said was deer-proof!!)
    As the guy at the nursery told me. Nothing is deer-proof. Deer resistant is the best that you can hope for.