Thread: Feeling confident about my voice

Feeling confident about my voice

I was out shopping this afternoon. When I got home I noticed that the receipt from a discount clothing store included a 20 oz. soda that I did not purchase. I called the store and talked with a young lady that answered the phone and the store manager to resolve the situation. Since I was in the store en-femme, I decided to use my feminine voice on the phone. I was pleasantly surprised to be addressed as ma'am twice during the phone call. The store carries men's and women's clothes but since the majority of the customers are women, the store employees may have been more inclined to assume that they were talking to a woman. However, I'll take any confirmation that my feminine voice works that I can get. Being called "ma'am" on the phone almost feels better than being called "ma'am" in person.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    This would be a great leap for me to say what happened in your situation, Gracie. Not knowing u, the person u spoke with, or a million other details of your interaction. So, I will just congratulate u on passing!

However, in my experience I've found that passing close up and in person is difficult and rare!
    And, if u THINK u passed? U probably didn't. Because people treat u very differently if they think you're a trans or it never occurs to them u may NOT be a woman!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Gracie, congratulations on this. It's a wonderful feeling to be adressed as ma'am. I know on the phone I might sound female but in person not so much.
    The Pink Fog will be with you, always!

Very nice! I'd like to think my voice is getting better, but haven't had any kind of verification like that.

GracieRose can you tell us how you did it?

How did you get a more feminine voice.

hrt, surgery, training, youtube ???

I took a voice therapy class for a while which helped. But to be honest my voice is not deeply masculine. I often worried about how I sound but my therapist told me my voice passes for a female quite easily. When I am on the phone I always bet called ma'am. So it is partly practice and genetics.

GracieRose:

I have found my feminine voice works well in most circumstances. To get a phone call off to a good start and insure I get gendered correctly I always introduce my self with my name. If there was any doubt my femme name usually moves the conversation to my preferred gender. Seems pretty common sense to me.

Zoey

I used to be confident in my voice.
    Then about 6 years ago I had a sinus infection and lots of throat clearing, coughing and such and now it's just raspy and rough and saddens me. Now I have all the time in the world to be out and about and I shy away from others, afraid to open my mouth.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !