Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long before bras begin to get uncomfortable?

That would be a never for me as well.
    From the moment that I get home from work until the moment I have to leave for work the following morning. At a minimum, I wear a bra, panties and a pretty chemise or slip. It is as comfortable as I can be. One thing that I have done from day one is to remove any underwires in all of my bras. For some reason, the prettiest bras that I buy seem to be underwires but they are the first thing to go for this girl!
    The most common form of despair is not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard

I mentioned previously the probability that women now complain about bra wearing as being uncomfortable because the bra is now, usually, the only structured item of cloting regularly worn. It occurs to me that the same situation has occurred with tights. I remember very well how pleased and relieved women were when, after a slow start, comfortable, stretch tights at reasonable prices replaced stockings and the always-disliked suspenders, belts and girdles. Yet, today, almost no tights are being regularly worn and plenty of women - and crossdressers - complain about how uncomfortable they are. For me, "uncomfortable" doesn't apply to bras or tights but I accept that, much as I enjoyed wearing even quite controlling underwear, I did so from choice and never because it was expected of me every day and all day. Quite a difference.

I'd say never. But that would apply to a bra that fits appropriately. I've got several that are very comfortable. They hold my forms nicely and I could wear them for many, many hours at a time.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

I don't wear underwire bras, so actually find them comfortable.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Can't say as I've reached that point yet.
    There are times when I will wear it for about 2 days straight. That's about how long before I need to take off my forms and let my skin breath and perhaps take a shower. I find that if they fit properly I tend to forget I'm wearing one. My wife says the same thing. She can't wait to take hers off and I can't wait to put mine on.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I may be extreme in this case but I would wear bras with large forms 24/7/365 if possible. When I?m not wearing them I feel something is missing from my body. I pretty much wear wear them every evening dressed partially fem and sleep with them in nightgowns as my wife accepts this. I don?t wear during the day when I?m with her as she doesn?t like that - but if she is at work than I will wear them also during the day. I mostly wear underwire for support but have a couple wire free for sleeping. But honestly I am comfortable in any bra with forms - it just feels normal to me.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    I only wear padded sports-bra's (in the correct size, even! ).

Typically unstuffed, as I tend to guy-mode it 99.44% of the time.

Though when I femme it up, I have been known to stuff a pair or two of socks in there from time to time!

Honestly, these days, I suppose it's because I basically have been dressing full-time outside of work on a daily basis for so long now, that everything has just become, well, normal?

But I really don't mind wearing a bra for extended periods of time. If you're doing it right, you can probably go pretty long.

That said, I've been known to want to rip the thing off after like 16-18 hours or so? Though I've also been known to go over 24.

If the bra is the proper size You shouldn?t feel that way. I can go for days in a bar. I mean I have to take it off to shower. Change it to a new clean bra. But that?s it.

hello Donna,
    I have worn some underwired bras that were not comfortable, but perhaps they were not really right for me.
    luv J

I"ve taken a lesson from my wife and switched to Coobie bras pretty much 75% of my dressing time. Not
    always because of comfort (although that is part of it), but also because of those darned hooks in the back. I still haven't mastered that and some how the 'put it on backwards and twist it around' doesn't seem right somehow.

I went to bed last night about 10, with my bra on. Got up this morning around 9. Finally changed out of bra and nightgown when I decided to got check the mail about 1:30 pm. Almost didn't notice that I had the bra on, that's how comfortable mine is.
    The Pink Fog will be with you, always!

My properly fitting bras almost never get uncomfortable; I can wear one for 12-18 hours a day without feeling a need to take it off. I do have some "date night" bras that are a relief to take off after only 6 or so hours.

My bras, when I can wear them after getting ready for bed, is usually at least 8 hours, and they are still comfortable, and it doesn't come off unless I need to be around someone that doesn't know about my wearing.

I usually don't feel discomfort from my bra if I'm wearing it all day but I do sometimes feel some discomfort in my shoulders and back from the weight of my forms.

It appears that most responders don't feel any discomfort from their bras, except a few complaints about underwires. When wondering why so many GGs are happy to take theirs off at the end of the day, consider that theirs are confining fair amounts of somewhat sensitive flesh rather than supporting artificial globs of silicone or foam. Would love to hear thoughts from a GG or someone with natural breast C cup or larger.

That has happened me a few times, usually when I've been dressing en femme for several days in a row, and generally because of the weight of the breast forms. I tell myself to suck it up; my wife has to deal with it every day.
    Nancy
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life that you love, you have to find the courage to live it." -- John Irving

Really for me depends on the bra. Like how it's designed and how well I sized it. Also what I'm doing and wearing while wearing it. Actually had a chance to wear my attire for a few days straight once because I had nowhere I needed to go and no one around. Wore a basic satiny unlined underwire bra with homemade breast forms (basically water balloons....tight budget at the time lol) for two days straight during. That bra was so light and fit so well I'd actually forget I had it on if I didn't have forms in. That two day period I even slept in it as I sleep on my side. Only reason I took it off was to put on a clean on. Wore it with a close fitting but not exactly tight basic v neck cotton t shirt.

They never get uncomfortable just can't wear them long enough

This may simply be a matter of doing something because we like to, vs doing something because we are told that we HAVE do. Same with work; lots of people take up a career they think they will like because they enjoyed doing it occasionally in their leisure time. Then they have to do it for 12 hours a day, six days a week, and it becomes a drag.
    I think this is part of what women hate about wearing a bra; that they feel that they HAVE to wear one.... ALL the time from morning until they come home and get ready to go to sleep.
    That said, just wearing a bra is part of positive psychological reinforcement of 'yes, I'm a girl', feeling that decreases the GID, so perhaps if there's any physical discomfort, it's easily overcome by the positive feelings about it.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I am very comfortable in a well fitting sports bra and can wear one 24/7. I never forget that I have one on, though. I love the gentle hug I get from one.
    Honoring the woman within

Sometimes the bra I wear around the house isn't in the same comfort zone for a all day activities. I have some bras that I forgot I'm wearing that are so comfortable and there's the one I'm wearing now that I can't wait to take it off.

Platinum Member
    Maybe you are wearing the wrong style Bra,
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

The bra I'm wearing I've had on since 2pm yesterday afternoon. Wore it under the dress I wore to the GNO in OKC last night. Got home about midnight, took off the dress and put on my nightgown and went to bed. Got up this morning, lounged around in the nightgown, panties and bra. Changed into a pair of shorts & top so I could be dressed as Diane all day today. Still wearing the bra right now and no discomfort.
    The Pink Fog will be with you, always!