Thread: Vacation with wife, with some perspective

Vacation with wife, with some perspective

Having a weekend with my wife and adult child and her wife in the mountains. I had a great experience dressed yesterday, and some perspective to share.

First, I asked my wife if she?d be okay with me dressed all day on Friday, which was our downtown day (eating, shopping, eating, and then capped off with drinks at a wine bar). No problem. She was dressed down (athletic yoga pants with t-shirt), while I was dressed in Barbie (short pink dress with pink leggings and pink sneakers). All was good. When we are spending the day like this (which this is only the second time), we cannot hold hands or any affection, but we had a good time.

Now for the perspective. Tonight we are staying at a really nice hotel and eating a fancy french dinner. She is wearing the dress and will be looking amazing. I will be in a jacket looking manly (and I will be equally, if not more so happy tonight than last night).

I see many threads here about going out with female partners dressed en femme. All relationships and dynamics are different, but for me my advice is do not outdress your partner (unless she is super causal).

Sounds like great adventure and totally agree with advice. When dressed, it is important to leave room for her to outclass/dress you. It keeps the peace!!!!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm wondering why u feel u can't show any affection to your wife when you're out dressed if you're traveling with a gay female couple?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Agreed - why can't you hold hands? You're adults and the parents here. I'm quite sure they can handle seeing a couple hold hands.

If my parents didn't show any affection I'd have concerns.

I suppose her wife doesn't want to. Maybe she doesn't want to present as a lesbian. Or maybe she doesn't want some acquaintances to think she's having an affair with someone. Reading some GG posts it doesn't seem uncommon that wives going out with their husband dressed don't want demonstrations of affection in this mode. I think it is totally legitimate.

That is correct, we are a straight couple. I just like to dress up and express my fem side.