Thread: This is kinda off topic, but bear with me

This is kinda off topic, but bear with me

I broke my nose on Wednesday. Technically I tripped over my feet and did a face plant. I have a pic, but I think it is R rated.

I've been calling plastic surgeons to fix my nose, and I'm surprised how many sub-specialties there are in plastic surgeries. There's everything from Brazilian butt lift to eyes, nose, face, hands and busts. I have left a message at a plastic surgeon and got a call back. The funny part of the conversation is below:

Her: You left a message and I'm calling you back. We can't help you because we only do breast surgery.
    Me: Damn. I always wanted breast surgery.

Some medical discussion, including referrals to someone who does nose surgery.

Her: Well, if you ever need breast surgery, you found the place.
    Me: OK, thanks. I always wanted 38 DDs.
    Her: [a little laugh]

Now, I can't say I've never dreamed about BA, even though I'm not sure that I would ever go through with it, for multiple reasons.

Funny conversation, but was it just banter, or does she "know"?
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Sounds like banter to me, unless she has other clues.

How bad is the break? Is this an opportunity/excuse for some Facial Feminization Surgery?
    Last edited by Lisa Gerrie; 09-22-2023 at 02:59 AM.
    "Don't hate me just for wanting to feel beautiful."

Did you ask for the double coupon?
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Platinum Member
    Just banter. It may not be every day that she gets a call from a biological male, and I would guess that on those rare occassions, they really are interested in BA. Once she knew what you were calling about, it was just a fun conversation.

And OUCH!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Yeah, kind of ouch.

As I understand it, both side of my nose are broken, at the bridge of the nose where the glasses would connect.

For a few hours after I broke it, the pain level was a 6 to 7.

By the end of the day it went down to a 4 to 5.

By Thursday morning it was down to 2 to 3, less than a bad headache.

Today (Friday) it's 1 to 2.

It could have been much worse. You medical professionals might be interested in the process. When the ambulance delivered me to the ER, the trauma nurse checked my neck. She got worried enough to put me in a "neck collar". Then I got a CT scan to make sure I didn't have a "brain bleed". Cleared on both of those, but confirmed broken nose.

My nose was obviously very crooked. I asked the ER doc to straighten it out so less reconstructive surgery would be needed. She refused; she said that I needed to wait two weeks until the swelling went down. I don't know what the standards of care are for broken noses, but I was not happy.

I asked the ER nurse to make sure that there were no road debris (pebbles, etc.) in my forehead or nose abrasions. She checked with the ER Doc who said that any debris would have shown up on the CT scan. She had better be right. I still have gravel in a scar in my knee from a road rash fall in the road, when I skidded in the sand left over from the winter snow spreading.

That's OK, that's all right. I was send a survey to fill out and I'll be honest and let the chips fall where they may.

It was pretty embarrassing to fall in the middle of the sidewalk and not be able to get up on my own. Fortunately, a number of Good Samaritans came to my rescue. If all of them saw me, you can to.

Here I am in the trauma room at the local ER.

ER Pic.JPG
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 09-22-2023 at 06:15 AM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Steffi, I am so sorry that hat you had an accident. I hope you find a surgeon for the repair.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I think it was banter and I suspect if she has a few years in the business she's heard it all. Sorry about your accident, I hope you'll get a rendezvous for a procedure shortly. As for straightening your nose, I suppose the doctor was right, it may have added damage to damage.

Absolutely banter.

Sorry about your nose. It looks painful.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    How horrible Steffi!

I'm glad you're feeling better.

As for your conversation, I'm not sure what u think she mite "know"? And, why u would care if she did "know"? A stranger you've never met and likely never will!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Steffi, absolutely soory to hear, and see, that you broke your nose. Hopefully you will be able to find a plastic surgeon that will fix your nose. I had surgery done a ferw years back for a deviated septum. I don't remember ever breaking my nose, but there it was.
    The Pink Fog will be with you, always!

Banned Read only
    That is a bad fall. I would think the ER should have referred you to the proper specialty to set the nose and do follow ups on air passages/breathing. My son when he was a single digit had his nose broken on a week end. He bled a lot but we did not do a follow with the result of he having restrictive breathing which lead to surgery to open up his air passages. I'd think a referral should have been made to an "Ear, Nose and Throat" doctor.

ER doc referred me to a plastic surgeon. Unfortunately he is out of network and it is self pay. I'm guessing $x0,000.

I saw my primary today. She suggested an ENT. I have an appointment for him to set my nose.

Also saw an ortho today. I have a sprain in both wrists from breaking the fall. Should heal on its own in two weeks or so. Could have been worse. No broken bones.

Collateral damage: My watched is totally smashed. The face has radial breaks all around it. The hands are like a time capsule. Time stopped at 7:40 AM.

Lots of blood on dress pants, the only pair that fits since COVID 15. Five days to retirement, I could wear jeans, but we are having a quarterly customer. Probably a jacket and tie affair.

Good time to retire. The Government is probably shutting down. Without a Continuing Resolution, nobody gets paid. Feds will likely be reimbursed for time not worked. Contractors like me are SOL.

Life is Good.

My Halloween costume was going to be a woman's tux suit, emulating Victor, Victoria.

Now it looks like Freddy's mask will be a better choice.

Sorry you took such a tumble. It looks painful at the very least. Good luck healing quickly. BTW, just banter with the office girl.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

So sorry to hear about your accident, That looks like it hurts. Good luck with the healing process.

It’s only banter until you make an appointment!

Ouch. Sorry to hear of your accident Steffi. Once it is sorted out you will be like a new woman.

Sorry to hear about this Steffi, hopefully you are doing better each day.
    Years ago I broke my nose when one of those 4 way tire wrenches slipped off the nut I was trying to loosen. I went to the er and they simply put a rod up my nose and straightened it out. I can still remember the cracking noise. Ouch!
    Crissy

Let?s hope for a great surgeon and speedy recovery. Sorry this happened to you
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

My sympathies as well. Sorry you have to deal with this, but good luck on a quick and inexpensive resolution.

I want to thank all of you for your concern and well wishes.

Except for the broken nose part, it looks worse than it really is. There is really not much pain.

Since this thread is kind of off topic, except for the discussion with the GG at the breast plastic surgery office, I don't think I will have any CD topics forthcoming. But, I can continue to post about my progress to recovery starting with my visit to the ENT Monday who's supposed to set my nose.

Let me know if any of you want regular medical updates.

Thanks for your update.

Well wishers, please pm Steffi if you want progress reports about the injury.

Steffi, if you want to continue with progress reports on this site, please start a new thread in the Lounge.