Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: being told to crossdress

I suffer from anxiety. When it gets too bad my wife will sometimes say, Why don’t you go and put a skirt on? She knows it helps.

When my wife has a tense conversation she wants to talk about she will ask me to dress, she says I'm much calmer when dressed. Even though she uses it to her advantage it still feels good when she asks me to dress.

Just another 'Gurl'
    My wife has said, in the past, it is okay with me dressing. However, I am not ready to dress around her.
    Just another man in a dress

My wife never makes me dress up. However, she will ask me at times if I?m going to dress up tonight. Our agreement is that I can dress up Friday Saturday and Sunday nights also Saturday and Sunday mornings when we first get up so that means I get to sleep in a nightie. She just recently bought a wig off QVC and she didn?t really like it so she gave it to me. I was very surprised at that. She said she thought the hairstyle made me look more feminine. So sometimes if it?s a weekend Night, and I haven?t gone to pick out my feminine clothes for the evening, she will ask me if I?m planning on dressing up and sometimes suggest the outfit that I should wear.

In our case the communication is more direct, it varies from questions like “how do I like my women to dress?” or “why don’t you put on something more comfortable?”, to more assertive statements like “go change”.

And the frequency? Daily.

She says that makes her happy.

I was told by a woman I worked with, even on days I didn?t arrive really thinking of it, she?d catch my eye and show me a bag she brought. She?d wave me over and give me the bag and tell me to go in the bathroom and put everything she brought in on. And most of the time, I dropped what I was doing and did as she told.
    I?d find myself naked in the stall, pulling in pantyhose, and then usually thigh highs over those. She?d have 3 silk slips sometimes and demand I wear them all.
    I swear I was seen on a few occasions through the stall door cracks.
    I?d usually wear the nylons and panties under my pants and go back to work for the day.
    A few times I managed to wear a slip and tuck it into my pants.
    She would caress me right there at her desk. She was amazing.

I have never been told to do it. But that being said, I have dressed at home with my wife. It usually is a Sunday and I start in the am with a great hot shower. I come out totally shaved wearing a robe. I ask what the plans are today? If it is just to hang around the house I have asked if I could dress today? 90% of the time I get a yes. I do not ask every Sunday maybe 5 times a year.

I go full out and wear multiple outfits throughout the day. I do like to change my look every 4 hours or so. Wigs, makeup, nail polish, toes are already done.

One of these days I will get caught be a friend of hers that would drop in un announced. I do not care, believe me when I tell you folks that we are the cutting edge of cool in our fem clothes.

I had a new experience with my wife over the past few days related to this issue. At this point in our lives since having the talk with her a couple years ago and slowly dressing more often, I normally dress around 5 or 6 pm for the evening (and sleeping) every day as I?m lucky she has evolved to ?it?s your house too - dress how you want? person.
    However whenever we have an argument or issue (about other things, not cd) I feel uncomfortable dressing and do a full stop for at least a few days. This time we talked about that - she first said I looked ?different? (male clothing) and that when this happens she doesn?t want me to stop dressing, as I?m a happier person when dressed. This also led to a more open discussion in general about my cd - being a member here has also made it easier to talk to her about cd issues.
    So while I don?t believe she will ever tell me to dress (of course jealous of you that do have that), I?m taking this as a subtle suggestion to dress and gives me a slightly better feeling of acceptance. Thanks for the opportunity to write about this.

My supportive girlfriend would send me an email during the day, something like "Kate, should come visit tonight".

Those emails made my heart go pitter-pat, I never had to be asked twice.

My late wife would tell me to go change when I would come home from work or just after a day which put me in a bad mood. I never considered it a order, just a suggestion. She knew it would improve my mood.

That's an amazing way to communicate! I have recently started to explore and I feel the same way. Once dressed, my anxiety goes away, but I do feel that initial hesitation. My wife is very accepting and I will have to set up a system like yours! Thank You for sharing and know that you are not alone, as I have felt the same way. I have found that I am becoming more comfortable as time goes on and I continue to get reassurance that what I'm doing is not wrong. Keep it up and I would love to hear an update!

Can't say I have ever been told to crossdress Although my wife is accepting and at one point 30+ years ago was even a bit encouraging and she says she doesn't mind now I'm the one who is embarrassed and a bit ashamed by it. So I guess I can say it is my cross to bare. When there was an active CD group here I had an excuse to CD but the group really isn't active any more. It still exists but only on the web and not much communication there either. So if I dress there is no where to go and it is go alone. There is a local CD/gay bar where others who dress can often be found. And in reality you can pretty much go anywhere and usually no one will mind as long as you're spending. So it seems tp me we, us CDs, have to lose are/my guilt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

@Jacques - seems like a wonderful idea!

This sounds like a fantasy, being told to get dressed!