Thread: The Dreaded ID Check

The Dreaded ID Check

Last night my SO and I got all dressed up and went out to a local TGI Fridays for a couple of beers and just to sit and talk ... just wanted to get out and do something. I was en femme, naturally. We went in and were shown to a table. The waitress (who looked like Freddie Mercury's love child ... she was gorgeous!) came over and asked what we ladies would like. We each ordered a beer, and she asked my SO if she could see some ID. Well, she's 37 and I'm 47, but she does look great so I assumed she just wanted to see hers to make sure. She smiled and showed her ID. I figured that was that, then Ms. Mercury turns to me and asks for mine! OK ...fine ... no big deal, right. My SO and I exchanged glances and I produced my ID from my purse. She looked at it and handed it back and said, "OK ... I'll be right back with the beers and take your order". That was it. Nothing. No doubletake. No grin. No kitchen staff poking heads out of the back room to take a look. After that we had a great time just sitting and talking and having too much beer.

I've often wondered what it might be like to have to produce my ID while en femme. Now I have at least some experience with it. It was such a relief that it went so innocuously. After a while we paid the check, went to the ladies room (all that beer ya know) and went home. A very nice time altogether.

I just had to share the story.

Glad you shared this. Life isn't so bad if your willing to live it! No risk, no reward.
    "Lady Fingers"

living life to the full Jamie M's Avatar
    yikes ! 37 and 47 and you still get ID'd ? Mother Nature must have been extremely good to you to still get mistaken for anything near ID age. Either that or you're extremely good with the 'ole slap on

Gold Member
    I get asked every now and then and im 49.

My assumption is that the wait staff must all have been told to check every ID, regardless what the person looks like. Actually, we were in there once some time ago with me inn drab, sitting at the bar, and the bartender asked to see my ID. I said, "What, now there's a MAXIMUM drinking age? Guess you got me".

I do not for a secong think anyone would ever mistake me for someone under 21.

living life to the full Jamie M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mskilmer
    "What, now there's a MAXIMUM drinking age? Guess you got me".
    hehe , well i guess at least people on your side of the pond seem to care about underage drinking . Sometimes around here it feels as is the only ID check is that you are old enough to be able to see over the counter

girl next door
    Verrry cool! What a refreshing bit of good news. Tammi
    [SIZE="3"]
    my wish for you is peace
    [/SIZE]

lo·gom·a·chy /loʊˈgɒməki/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[loh-gom-uh-kee] –noun, plural -chies.
    1. a dispute about or concerning words.
    2. an argument or debate marked by the reckless or incorrect use of words; meaningless battle of words

I was in boise idaho my first time, we wnet to a place called the balcany club it was a everything bar, the lady looked at my id and then did the whole up and down and smiled and said have a good time.and then this last halloween, in my own town idaho falls idaho, i was really nervous, i had to stop to get gas and some extra money from the atm, the clerks knew me and they didn't like it but held my head high and went to the bar, when i went to go in the lady was like no this aint you and had to call the manager over to take a look, and she praised me, and said damn good job you did there, i thanked her and she had me sit at the bar next to her and introduced me to some of her friends, it was so awsome!!!!

Anna Lee

I always like to read post like these. It is so kool that a lot of you have so much guts to do the things you do and have fun doing it, especially when you get away with it. For myself, I'm 6', 190 lbs on a good day and of average frame. I shutter to think what I might be or live like if I were say,
    5' 8", 125 lbs and of slight build. I think I'm pretty happy the way I am. My s/o enjoys Diana and we have a lot of fun too. But I do want to loose about 20 lbs.
    Best Wishes Always,
    Diannna

" A Friend is someone, who knows all about you,
    and likes you anyway " (Aut. Unknown)

Ah poor Mr. Mercury! I cried when I heard of his passing! I'm a huge fan. had to pull the car over because I was so choked up.
    I perfer his look in the earlier days but he was still an entertainer till the end!

So did ya order a genderbender on the rocks! I've never been anywhere en femme. Would just freak out having to use the ladies room. What wierd dispensers they have in there!

Good on ya. Wish I coulda been there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"]And I was thinkin' how the world shoulda cried
    On the day Jack Kirby died
    [/SIZE]

Whenever I get carded I usually hand it over, smile and say "Looks just like me, huh?".

GypsyKaren
    I've had to show my ID for different things many times, I just tell them I look a wee bit different. I've never had any problems, weird looks, nothing.

Karen

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Fantastic story! I very much enjoyed reading it. Although I've been carded once when I was getting a beer at a theme park, generally speaking it doesn't happen to me

I agree with what Gypsy Karen said about having to produce your ID when en femme "I just tell them I look a wee bit different.". There is a member of our Tri-Ess group who is an ex police officer. She told me that if you ever get stopped when driving or at any other time you have to show your ID card, always smile and say "yep, that's me....I just look a little different today"
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Gender Undecided Fainne the King's Avatar
    I've had to show my ID a few times when I was dressed and having to use my debit card. Usually it's not a big deal, they just glance at it and say ok. But last time I had to show it I held it up for the guy, he looks at it, does a double take, takes it from me, compares the name on it with my debit card, then finally gives it back. I had been chatting with him for a while before he saw my ID, so I guess I did a good job passing, at least.
    I tried to be a boy
    tried to be a girl
    tried to be a mess
    tried to be the best
    I guess I did it wrong
    -Madonna