Thread: "Health Question" response

"Health Question" response

I have been cancer free for twenty-five years. I never experienced any symptoms of prostate cancer. It was discovered after that recommended PSA test when you turn fifty. Today I likely would have been advised to take the now popular "watchful waiting" route.

Instead I experienced the side-effects from biopsies (three sets of ten), radiation treatments (thirty-five), brachytherapy (radioactive needles), and hormone therapy (testosterone blocking). I seemed to have almost weathered it, but my prostate was like a pincushion and the physical impact was noticeable. Instead of ED meds dressing up became my stimulation having dressed since my early teens (mostly off rather than on). Before the diagnosis my wife had finally introduced to that part of me.

The radiation created scar tissue in my urethra at my prostate and after eighteen years of incontinent misery I had surgery. Originally it was to make a repair using check tissue, but the micro-surgeon found that it would not work and I was left with a permanent supra-pubic catheter and a bag on my leg. I have adjusted to it, but now there is no chance to go swimming en femme or not, and short skirts are out. My wife thinks my legs still look good so stockings and thigh-highs are still part of my wardrobe. Now that I am beardless and have done a full session a make-up artist and its resulting unexpected freedom that is acceptable to my wife, I am feeling much more relaxed and whole. The stress and mild depression from the cancer diagnosis has been and continues to be relieved while I am dressed?still for the most part at home. Now a wig and make-up add to the pleasure and picture of who I am.

My wife has gone through menopause?I experienced the hot flashes, mood swings, and temporary body changes to know more about what she went through. However, in interest in the physical aspects of sex is greatly diminished. We hold hands a lot, kiss and touch affectionately. She is open to my pleasure from dressing both sexually and just as enjoying the moments being feminine in actions and thoughts. I am fortunate in many ways and since we both collect nineteenth-century clothing and she sell vintage clothing at our antique mall booths I have had plenty of opportunities to find clothing, stocking, lingerie, and undergarments that fit me. Plus we seem to share more time talking about the latest as well as historic clothing.

I am happy to share more here, or respond to PMs.

Mina
    Last edited by Tip or Ozma; 10-01-2023 at 10:11 AM. Reason: typo
    And soon, "Tip's old comrades stared in wonder...and then every head bent in honest admiration of the lovely Princess Ozma."
    "The girl turned to her old friends. "Speaking the words with a sweet diffidence, she said, 'I hope none of you will care less for me than you did before. I'm just the same Tip, you know, only--only--' "
    " 'Only you're different,' said the Pumpkinhead."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for sharing - glad your wife is supporting you

Mina, You seem to have made the best out of your health issues. I'm glad that your marriage is in tact. I know my brother's wife left him when he had prostate cancer.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Interestingly, Ozma, I believe the meds they gave me for my enlarged prostate at age 50 caused my interest in dressing out of the blue!

Sounds like you two r still enjoying life together despite your other issues?
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 10-03-2023 at 10:37 AM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Mina, I happy to hear that you have such a loving and supportive wife. That can make all the difference in the world.
    The Pink Fog will be with you, always!

Thank you for sharing your experience, Mina! Good to know. So far I loathed getting 2 biopsies (20 each). Been almost a year since I was diagnosed with prostate biopsy and my urologist is using Active Surveillance. Had some friends who wish that?s what they had done.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Interestingly, Ozma, I believe the meds they gave me for my enlarged prostate at age 50 caused my interest in dressing out 0of the blue!
    I am on those right now, Sherry! They dropped my PSA way down! Have a urologist appointment today to discuss and get the exam. Fun!
    Last edited by Karren H; 10-03-2023 at 05:27 AM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Thanks for sharing Mina.
    "So, I'm a crossdresser. Mmh. What's that thing, again?"

Considering telling your SO? Read this fine manual first: https://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?13841-How-to-tell-your-partner

I, too, am going through prostate issues right now: my PSA went from about 4 to over 8 in the past year. My urologist said that everything "felt" normal in there, and has scheduled me for an MRI next week. Depending on the MRI results he says he might schedule a biopsy after that.

I've heard that some of the drugs that they use to drop the PSA levels can cause breast growth - is that true?
    Ambigendrous
    Wealth should not be measured by how much you have, but by how little you need - anon

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    They warned me about that when I started on 2 meds, Am. I was excited, then worried!

In my case, tho? Nothing, nunca, nada growth.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by ambigendrous View Post
    I've heard that some of the drugs that they use to drop the PSA levels can cause breast growth - is that true?
    Been on them for a year and My PSA dropped from 10 to 2.8. And my breasts are now a 36D to DD. But I have been growing mine using different methods for years and years so it is hard to tell right now.

But the hair on my head is regrowing!
    Last edited by Karren H; 10-03-2023 at 02:39 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos