Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After years, I finally ordered myself some things..

After years, I finally ordered myself some things..

Hi everyone,

Its been years since I last ordered some stuff for myself. An ex caught me dressing many years ago and it lead me to purging everything I had. I still have old pictures that I have posted and look back on fondly. But I spent the last two hours browsing clothes online that I couldn't help myself. I finally pulled the trigger and have some stuff on the way. It is very exciting and has been a long time coming. I can't wait till it gets here and I can share them with you all. Hopefully they are as flattering in the pictures as the ones I am going to take of myself haha.

Sounds like an exciting time Jodiee. Glad to hear you are recovering from your purge and no longer denying yourself. Looking forward to your picture post!
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

Congrats Jodie! I often use Amazon shipping to a pick up location or JCP and pick up at the store, avoids getting "caught" when the package gets there before you can pick it up! I do often pick up from JCP as Jamie, that is quite enjoyable, especially when I continue shopping!

Good luck!

Exciting times. I hope everything fits well. I know you want to keep things on the QT (at least for now), so you may want to plan ahead on a safe place to keep your things.
    www.flickr.com/people/196660660@N08/

Congratulations Jodie.

I too placed my first order this year through SHEIN. The outfits are cheap and you get to take your time shopping for just the right things. Downside is the fabrics can be cheap and you really have to have a good idea what looks good with your body shape.

I usually go to Burlington since they have a wide variety of clothes but it is frustrating when you see something and they don?t have it in your size. I have found some outfits that were really good quality and fit great!

I also have shopped Target I live in the far south and am not even close to passable Target being more liberal gives me the freedom to go shopping pick something out go to the dressing room and try it on.

I have a couple of friends that are women and it is always great when I can try my purchases on for them and get honest feedback. Even better when they are jealous and want my clothes!

Welcome aboard, Jodiee!
    I hope you can cope with Halloween snow!
    Yes, keep you stuff out of sight.
    But have a plan in place, in case your wife discovers it.
    Myself I shopped at Goodwill and another rather friendly thrift store.
    Eventually I got up the nerve to tell all to the man and the girl employees at the thrift store.
    They were nice and eventually started to say, "Hi, Jennifer!" Whenever I walked-in.
    Eventually, my wife caught me one day when she returned unexpectedly.
    She doesn't like it--but now accepts it partially. She is Ok with me going to support group twice month on Friday nights. She gets disgusted whenever she sees me reading a CD website or emailing online CD friends. But no big deal in the last few months.

Of course, I am trying to be nice to her. I vacuumed the floors today. Sometimes help with the dishes.

An early Christmas for you -hope everything arrives soon

Better raise the limits on all your credit cards!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Jodiee, Enjoy your clothes. The anticipation of trying something new on is a great feeling.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Platinum Member
    Definitely enjoy your new purchases!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Banned Read only
    I read in another post that you have a girlfriend and the possibility of your relationship blowing up if she were to discover your desire to wear women's clothing. It's one of the perils of being a cross dresser. As others have stated it is somewhat easier to click and pay on a multitude of retail sites. Just about every retailer has pickup sites, as well as Amazon having lock boxes and also pickup sites. The only problem with on-line buying is buying too much; not the money, but the storage space.

Thank you everyone! The anticipation is certainly very strong and exciting. You all have helped me a lot and I enjoy sharing news with you. I appreciate all your concern and advice about my situation.

Funny Keremy, I did go thru Shein! Spent so long browsing, had to cut my shopping cart down a lot and it was still 7 items. Very affordable tho. My parents live in town too, so I had it shipped to their house since I'm there often. I'm the one who always gets the mail for them anyways. And it will be easy to keep everything there too. Fortunately and hopefully, it seems like my girlfriend might be accepting of it. Nothing certain yet, but little signs that make me think she wouldn't care. Fingers crossed.

That would be wonderful if your girlfriend was okay with you dressing! Best wishes for you!

Congratulations on pulling the trigger. Every time I order something, the anticipation of its arrival is surpassed only bt being able to wear it.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

You being the from MI, I would load your purse up with cash, hop in the car and drive to Janets Closet (in Wyandotte, southwest of Detroit) and buy everything you need plus some things you don?t need! Unless your North of the bridge, Eha?
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Hope you ordered some more cute babydolls !

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Oh the ease and joy of online shopping for dresses. Enjoy hope it works out with your girl friend too.

Jodiee glad to see you are moving forward. On line shopping is OK but you will find that there is a huge variation in women's clothing sizes. I'm more of a try it before you buy it girl anymore. Clothes Mentor is near you; they have a good variety of gently used outfits. Most of the stuff on the racks at our local Goodwill stores look like they probably should have gone to the landfill.

As for securing a place to hide your stuff? I would take the route of talking to your girlfriend.
    She will probably find out anyway sooner or later. If you tell her rather than let heraccidentally discover your secret you at least have some control of the story. And you never know ... she may be accepting enough you won't need a hiding place!

Thanks everyone! My stuff arrived yesterday, I couldn't help but try some on as soon as I opened the package. Still not ready to let my girlfriend in, but little hints have me thinking she could be okay with it. And yet, even if she was, I don't think I would be comfortable dressing in front of her at this time. The stuff got delivered to my parents house and got it no worries. They are going out for dinner tomorrow night, so I will try on the rest of my things and get some photos to share. I'm excited!

I to have ordered a lot from Shein. I agree with others and read the size information and look at the details about model size, that helps me a lot. My biggest issue so far is 2 of my most recent purchases being slightly too large but not worth returning. I think many of us here who online order can?t stand the anticipation of delivery and trying on. Enjoy the clothes and keep working on the gf. If she is accepting it will just change everything
    Last edited by MoniqueAsh743; 11-10-2023 at 12:23 PM.

Good for you, Jodiee. At this stage of the game there is no reason to be waiting to do something you enjoy. Go for it and have fun!! 🙂

This thread reminded me the first time i ordered high heel boots for me, after a couple of months of broken up with a girlfriend. I loved her dressing high heel boots but in the end i also found i loved to dress boots myself.

I really enjoyed all the time thinking which boots to buy and finally wearing them when they arrived home.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren4444 View Post
    Good for you, Jodiee. At this stage of the game there is no reason to be waiting to do something you enjoy. Go for it and have fun!! 🙂
    Totally i agree on this too. If it does not harm anyone, no need to wait for enjoying youself.

I've made one purchase from Shein so far. I was so excited. My fianc? asked if I was going to try things on right away. I tried to play it cool and said no. I wanted to just die! She caught me sneaking the packaged to the bedroom a couple hours later. She just smiled. I think she gets it. Now, if I could just figure out how to pose for pictures in my new clothes without looking like a Skeksis.

Black Friday is coming and a wonderful time to do online shopping. I have been overloaded on FB with adds for leather look leggings and leather PU skirts. May have to do the same. Anyhoo, happy shopping!
    Last edited by char GG; 11-21-2023 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Not necessary to quote the OP

Girl you better show us some pics. Lol