Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well that was "fun"!

Diane, I'm not worried about nails in the general public: I'm largely over those nerves (I went to church, a meal out and the gym with them). No, it's more my conservative mother and mother-in-law, my opinionated older brother and certain friend groups (who know a previous generation of me). That anxiety won't last long as I continue to find my courage and strength! There will soon come the time when they'll just have to accept it.

Those conservative people will always be the last to see the changes. Shame (for them and me) that I feel they expect me to present as the pre-packaged "good boy" - no real honesty possible while people hide.

Sorry I have been lazy and only read your initial post. For relatives and friends, I know that since I passed 55 I decided that I didn't care. As for work, it's a different matter because the stakes aren't the same, but if word came by, well it's my private life after all. I just hope it wouldn't bar me from some opportunities. Anyway this is all theoretical for me since I don't go out. And for family and close friends, my wife will decide. At this point we don't think they need to know, or that we need to bother them with it.
    Maybe you can put on some nail varnish during some dressing sessions and remove it afterwards (that's what I do).
    "So, I'm a crossdresser. Mmh. What's that thing, again?"

Considering telling your SO? Read this fine manual first: https://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?13841-How-to-tell-your-partner

Aspiring Member
    I am starting to see painted nails on guys where I work. I am a university professor in a discipline known for conservatism at a state university in a seriously conservative state. No one raised any comment, not his peers, some of whom do likewise, or even the two conservative employers where he just landed internships. The world has changed even here. If you are in London, I cannot imagine a worry.

hello Samantha,
    I am sure that medics have seen stranger things than crossdresser's nail varnish,
    luv J

Samantha, don?t worry no one will care. I had to go in ambulance two weeks ago dressed and bright purple nails and have bright red with fine glitter on toes. Red lipstick mascara and jewelry on. A touch of perfume as well. Two girls in hospital commented on nails and one on my earrings. I thanked them and told the other where I got the earrings at. Everyone treated me great and called me either mam or Ms . Today?s generation?s are open minded more so than even 10. Years ago. Just go for it.

I had shingles once. Being a crossdresser helped. For me it was on my abdomen. It was painful and a big breakout. I shaved the hair on my abdomen and I wore a tank-top shaper top that kept my shirt from rubbing my skin. I grew tired of it touching me at times, but I was able to go to work. My breakout was for ~6weeks. Rough stuff!!

Get your Shingles vaccine, you innocent!!
    I am a man who presents male and wears feminine clothes.
    I blog about my outings: https://joeypress.wordpress.com/