Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Still a Little Awkward or Embarrassing

Oh Yes ! LOL She is accepting but doesn't really want to see it

I am always blushing the few times she sees me, also because she usually just teases me and laughs and walks away

Last month she caught me in a vintage babydoll nightie and just couldn't stop giggling about how much fun the lesbian girls on her softball team would have if they knew I was wearing such girly attire

The worst was about 7 years ago when she caught me standing in front of the mirror wearing a really cute bra and panty set she had thrown out ! Her respons was " Well don't you look just adorable ! Maybe you can try and get a job as a lingerie model, do you want me to take pictures ! oh lets go outside as she started pulling me toward the front door ! Ugh ! I try to be careful !

She is wonderful but I don't want to push my luck !

Platinum Member
    Kinda wish my former wife had been more accepting. I mistook tolerance for acceptance. Not long before we parted company, she acknowledged that the image of me fully dressed was burned into her memory. Even now, many years later, I feel the guilt and regret for causing her such discomfort. At the same time, I also understand that her reaction may have in part a been a reflection of her own self-image and rooted in life experiences and attitudes that predated our relationship.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

My wife accepts it but i feel so embarrased i have never dressed in front of her.

Hi
    My wife has been supportive and has known for about the last 5 years. The trouble is we have been married for 20 years and i still feel guilty for that period she didn't know. I think the fact my dressing was a secret for so long makes it both embarrassing and awkward, even though she helps me to shop and gives advice

Absolutely, but it's my issue, not my wife's. I'm older than most here and grew up in a more repressive time. Growing up dressing was either done for comedy or it was shameful and not something males should do, and even though I have become more comfortable with dressing over the years those attitudes from my childhood continue to stick with me to this day even though much diminished versus what they used to be.

Hi Aaron, judging by your response we are of similar age and I totally get where you are coming from. I have spent many hours with a counsellor discussing my own prejudices against myself caused by the type of comedy and television shows that were around in my formative years. Still have Good days and bad days with who I am but getting there to
    Last edited by char GG; 01-06-2024 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Not necessary to quote the post just before yours

Not at all for me - I have a boyfriend and I wear romantic lingerie to bed which is an incredible adrenaline rush every time. Zero awkwardness, just pure excitement especially if we're about to make love.

When I was married, my ex-wife was supportive, but she never wanted to see me as a woman. She moved back to the Twin Cities this fall, and stayed with me for 6 weeks while waiting for her new apartment to be ready. She did see me dressed as a woman multiple times, voluntarily. The first time was quite awkward for both of us, but after the first time, it was just my normal way of dressing. I could never get he to call me Beth, though. She said she was afraid she would get too used to it, and call me Beth in front of the grandkids even if I dressed as a man.

I don't feel awkward with just wearing clothes but when it comes to full makeup and such I do feel awkward. She couldn't care one way or another but I still feel strange. My issue, not hers.

Most definitely! Even though my wife, after a long process, accepts my dressing and I freely dress around her when I have the desire, I still know that she's not totally comfortable with it, so that makes me a little uncomfortable and embarrassed when I'm dressed around her. I'm trying to get past that by dressing for longer periods of time when we're at home together, even staying dressed past the point where I'm ready to change back to 'boy mode.' Right now, at 6 pm, I've been fully dressed (dress, panties, bra with forms, light makeup, jewelry, wedge sandals) since I got up this morning at 9:00. I'm debating with myself whether to change before we begin our evening routine of cocktails and dinner, which I almost always do. I'll probably wait til the last minute, then go upstairs to change and hoping that she will stop me and say, "You don't have to change." And even though I'm actually ready to change, I'll stay dressed because "she told me to." Curious, no?