Thread: Exactly the look I was going for...

Exactly the look I was going for...

I got up early this morning and put on a thin turtleneck sweater over my black bra and then put on a black knit jumpsuit. I'd done a mental inventory of my wardrobe before getting out of bed and that combination came to mind. It was the first time wearing that outfit. I brushed out my hair and put it back in my usual ponytail and started my day. I stopped by our full length mirror and what I saw was exactly the look I was going for. That's been happening quite a bit lately.

How often do you get exactly the look you're going for?

Not as often as I would like

Probably about as often as a typical GG does. So not often, but it's fun when it happens.
    "Don't hate me just for wanting to feel beautiful."

Not often, but I try to get a picture when it does.
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

Very rarely these days . Would love to have a ponytail like I did in my 20s .Unfortunately that part of my hairline has diminished substantially as I approach my 60s.

Actually, other than my hair, I get the look I'm going for.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I very rarely fill out the look I had visualized. That's typically due to my husky frame. The closest I came was with the light blue dress. More often I have been surprised that something I get or put together works in a way I had not anticipated. I guess serendipity is my best friend.
    www.flickr.com/people/196660660@N08/

Maybe once or twice a year I'll get exactly what I'm going for.
    Most of the time it's close, but not quite. I always feel I'm missing a certain item to make it all perfect. Can't quite put my finger on it, but it's not there.

That's ok, I'm very happy with being close.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Very perceptive and timely post, Bea. As some of us try to look our fancy best during the holidays.

Last nite I put on the sequined gown I'd picked out for a big, commercial, New Year's disco party. But, it made me look so fat I couldn't bear going out that way!

So, I grabbed something not near as nice and we left late for the party. Turns out my T friend did the same with her planned outfit!

But, I'm getting better at achieving the looks I want. It used to be about one in 5. Now, I think I like my look well over 50% of the time!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 01-06-2024 at 02:39 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I hit the mark again this morning. I'm mixing different greens... Olive yoga pants, teal sports bra and a light green woman's athletic cool weather top. I didn't coordinate my panties, which would have been ideal, but overall it's exactly the look I was going for.

I also added just a touch of mascara, lip gloss and a headband to keep my hair out of my face.

What's that saying that the camera never lies? I do my best with dressing and make-up, and look in the mirror and think,"Wow, that looks nice! Let me get a snap of that so I remember." I take the photo and view it and "Oh my, that doesn't look the same as I saw in the mirror?!" So I try again; same result! Maybe it's time for a new phone because obviously there is a problem with the phone camera, as I know it can't be me!
    Last edited by Deborah G; 01-06-2024 at 03:21 PM.