Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Men's clothes are boring!

Totally agree! Men?s clothes? More like MEHns clothes. Soooooo boring!

For the past few years, I have been shopping women?s short sleeve tops and wear them in winter under my men?s long sleeve tops. I get them at thrift shops for a couple bucks using the half price color of the day. Most are a rayon spandex mix, some Modal, but all nice and very soft. Nothing on my men?s side of the closet comes close. Like sandpaper as another poster mentioned. My mens are all crew neck, with some v necks. The women?s are boat neck, square neck, scrunched neck, and scoop neck of varying degrees. And the colors and patterns?.yumm sleeve lengths all over the place. Men?s stuck in a very limited design parameter.

And don?t get me started on men?s shorts. Really?, they hang below my knees? I hate these long shorts the industry is pushing on us.
    Oh there are exceptions here and there, but very limited. I want to wear the stuff from the other side of the aisle. My wife does not want me too however. Damn!

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    I never had much interest in menswear. It?s just stuff I have to put on in certain situations.
    Yes, menswear have their uses such as climbing on a roof to replace shingles and to change the oil in a vehicle.

John
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Quote Originally Posted by JohnH View Post
    Yes, menswear have their uses such as climbing on a roof to replace shingles and to change the oil in a vehicle.

John
    Yes John, I wear women?s jeans exclusively now, except when I work on the car, etc. My std men?s jeans feel like thick, stiff burlap. Much prefer the lightweight stretch fabric of women?s jeans. And the thrift stores are packed with them. A little design on the back pockets doesn?t hurt either.

Dutchess,

I didn't have a lot of time to look at individual looks from the Dior show before posting a response. I went back and watched again, looking for specific outfits that I like. I was put off by the shorter, wide-legged pants on all the suits but I did find that i loved the looks of the two outfits at the 6:22-6:30 mark on the video. And I liked the final suit with the studded cardigan (still not crazy about the pants).

Your comment sent me down a rabbit hole of various designers and there are a fair number of individual looks in the men's shows that could appeal, especially if I were six foot with at thirty inch waist. I watched the Giorgio Armani Spring 2024 men's and women's shows back to back. Both obviously showed some great styles, but the men's show was much more subdued while the women's show had much more variety and, in my opinion, many of the women's fashions could have been worn by the Dior models and could have easily been taken for men's designer styles. Just with much more variety. I love the fabrics and colors of the Armani woman's collection and would be much more drawn to those styles than the men's. And, I preferred the Armani women's styles to the men's Dior collection.

When comparing the Armani women's show to the Dior or the Saint Laurent shows, if you put many of the woman's pantsuits on the models from the men's shows, the style could pass as men's designer fashion. As a man who has no desire to look like a woman, but who is jealous of a woman's design choices, the Armani woman's show is where I'd look for the things I like.

Armani Men's: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncyohWSbwnE
    Armani woman's: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX92maN_OeI

I hope you don't take all of this as argumentative. I think it's been an enlightening conversation since I'd never really looked at the designer shows. Always appreciate your input.

Quote Originally Posted by DianeT View Post
    if you think it is boring, well GGs don't.
    ^this. Learn what women find attractive about how some men dress, and it will turn your life around. I used to be the same old, jeans and a T shirt and sneakers guy like all my friends, and wondered why I kept striking out with women. Upgraded my attire and it was like night and day, all of a sudden I was getting looks from women. And this was even when I was overweight; a terrific suit, nice shoes, a nice, classic car (I bought an old Porsche, but women have no idea that it's old, all they know is the word 'Porsche' and it ticks off some box in their mind of what they want a guy to have) and good grooming made all the difference. Image and appearance.

However, none of that matters when they find out I like to wear dresses.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I absolutely hate mens clothes! I love the variation in style, fabrics and textures and colors of women's clothes. I hate it when I'm wearing any article of men's clothes, even socks!