Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Men's clothes are boring!

Men's clothes are boring!

hello all,
    have you ever been excited or even interested in men's clothes?
    I don't think I ever have - apart from replica football shirts or tee shirts that have pictures of my favourite musicians. That's probably why I prefer women's clothing!
    Happy New Year!
    luv J

Jacques, It's not like I could disagree with you. I hate men's clothes.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I think there is lot to like in men's fashion. You have a great number of elegant fabrics and cuts to chose from, and it's easy nowadays to find bright colors for a change. Male presentation can be very elegant and if you think it is boring, well GGs don't. As I mentioned in another thread, I like to dress for my wife for an occasion, and she really appreciates it and says so. And returns the favour for my greatest pleasure.
    And the pleasure I get from being well groomed and dressed isn't very different from the one I get from doing the same in female presentation, even if the female side has additional emotional vibes to it.
    Last edited by DianeT; 01-04-2024 at 07:04 AM.

Nope guy clothes are just plain boring but my skirts, blouses, dresses, heels and lingerie are very exciting.

Men's formal wear and suits are OK - but there are very few places to wear them any more (it is rare to see male faculty members wearing ties much less a sport coat). Shopping for dresses in colorful prints is much more interesting than shopping for business casual crap.

I like both men and women?s clothes but I never had to slow down my shopping and spending while buying men?s clothing like I have to with women?s clothing. So you can tell that I much prefer women?s clothing!

Amen sister. Would you like your plaid in black or dark blue?

Banned Read only
    If the conversation is about outerwear and not undergarments look around when you're out. Most of the time when my wife and I are out together it is jeans for both of us and usually some sort of graphic tee shirt. Footwear is about the same. The big differences in attire may be dresses vs casual male attire. As I have stated many times the sole white dress shirt I owned had yellowed on its hanger because I never wore it. In my professional career I wore colored dress shirts; covering pastels in spring and summer to darker colors in the fall and winter. I do not own a solid red tie which always seems to the the required dress code for those who believe a red tie translates to an air of power. Mistaken they are. My ties range from patterns to cartoon characters. When the dress code for women in my professional office was ditched the women gravitated to jeans and maybe a patterned top. A floral pattern may not fall into a male mindset with the exception of Hawaiian shirts.

My mindset swings both ways. Yes, I love wearing dresses as well as male clothes that are patterned and colorful. It depends upon how my mind works when getting out of bed.

Mens clothes are ok but nothing compares to a great pair of leggings and a nice top.

For me, there?s absolutely no comparison. T shirts vs tops, pants vs slacks, then the whole world of lingerie. Ugh!

I agree with men's clothes being so boring. The ONLY formal wear for men is the coat and tie, and trousers outfit. And I feel I would stand out a lot more wearing such attire to go shopping and doctor appointments compared to dresses.
    I will wear a man's coat and tie occasionally to church, but most of the time I wear dresses, makeup, and heels to church.

John
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Quote Originally Posted by Jillcder View Post
    Nope guy clothes are just plain boring
    A compelling argument!

Men's clothes can be interesting. I've recently bought a nice summer jacket which when paired with a colourful cravat and my bronze coloured hat I really look quite dashing. My wife likes it. I feel powerful dressing up. I am learning to care less what other people think, dressing in their crap t-shirts and scruffy jeans. I thank my wife's encouragement and fighting my fear with CD for that! If we're too anxious to wear dapper men's clothes then how are we going to get the courage to wear women's clothes in public?

Of course there are many, many more options on the female side of the aisle. And I love them. Absolutely no comparison there. We just don't need to drop to the lowest common denominator in male mode!
    Last edited by Samantha51; 01-04-2024 at 02:12 PM.

Platinum Member
    I never had much interest in menswear. It?s just stuff I have to put on in certain situations.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I think ( no I know ) Karl Lagerfeld, Prince, Elton John , Gianni Versace , DIOR !!!! ( my favorite ), Tom Ford , Ralph Lauren ,, beautiful Adrian the costume designer ... have/ had some of the most beautiful clothing I have ever seen so I of course I don't get this . I really dont understand why ( well I do but I digress) some of you all that are restricted somewhat don't dress a little flamboyantly when in menswear .. its certainly possible . Look at the young NFLers walking into the stadiums on Sundays , Mondays and Thursdays .. They are not boring at all .. vivid colors and patterns and fabrics , alot of alternate high fashion ...

If you are stuck in black/navy/grey pants and a shirt , then that's on you because there is a whole world of color and fashion out there in menswear .
    I know that's not what you want to hear but still ...its certainly available if you look . You wont find it at Walmart or Kohls but most of you here can easily afford the upscale things..

No , its not mini skirts and corsets but they are even carrying purses this year ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ7P...=ChristianDior
    Last edited by Dutchess; 01-04-2024 at 06:04 PM.
    IG : Knightress Oxide

Nice video Dutchess. These creators are paving the way. Of course we won't be seeing these creations in the shops around the corner, but they will influence the more common collections we will find there in the coming years.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    At least we can all wear T shirts. I have several that I like wearing. Rodolf is pearing up at the ceiling as I lie here typing. It's still Christmas in this house.
    Last edited by Jane G; 01-04-2024 at 08:18 PM.

I have no particular interest in men's clothing and let/ask my wife to get whatever I need when I need something. I couldn't care less about shopping for shirts and slacks. I cannot get enough of shopping for dresses, tops, skirts, bras, panties, and all things feminine.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

I was (in full male mode) walking by a Lululemon's, and having heard so much about it, I just had to go in and see what the fuss was all about. I was approached by an SA almost as soon as I walked in. She asked if she could help me. I said, "I'm looking for yoga pants." She took me to the men's yoga pants and they had only 3 colors: black, navy and grey. I said, "I was looking for more color choices." She said, "Would consider women's yoga pants?" Of course.

She took me back to the women's section where there was all kinds of colored yoga pants. I picked out one that I liked and saw that the price was north of $100. I usually get perfectly adequate women's yoga pants at a discount store or the sale rack of a full price store for $15 to $20. I left without $100 yoga pants.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

when I have to wear male clothes I generally put on my jogging pants and a thick sweat shirt fleece, my wife says put your jeans on and a nice shirt, my reply is i'm only nipping to the shops, her reply is "When you go out dressed you are always dressed amazing, your dont wear your pink jogging pants you wear around the house". What can I say ?, she's right, I wouldnt even dream of going out dressed in my girlie scruffs !!!. The point is I have no interest in male clothing, in fact Thats about all I own thats decent one pair of jeans and maybe two nice shirts, all my underwear is female but have my own girlie room with a wardrobe full of dresses and skirts, tops and at least 30 pairs of shoes and boots, also have two sets of drawers full as well. She does have a point, lol

Yes, men's clothes are boring but practical. When only possible, I prefer to dress up as a woman because I love female clothes and being en femme makes me a woman who I desire to be. I buy female clothes for passion even those least practical.

Some mens and womens clothing are both boring . Some womens clothes are glamorous . No mens clothes are glamorous.

As Dutchess pointed out, it depends where you look for men's clothes and what is the occasion. Where I work (concert venue), I see men dressed in fantastic sequin jackets with matching sequin shoes. These are not movie stars, but they seem to find the most beautiful, flashy clothes. Women dress for the venue and in this case, so do the men.

Just as women are able dress up or dress down, the same goes for men. It's all preferences.

Hi Debbie, I don't agree with your statement saying: No men's clothes are glamourous!
    For sure, it depends on individual preferences. I used to make fancies, however never made them real, about wearing men's clothes from XVII and XVIII centuries, which are ultimately glamourous, or military uniforms from different historical periods.

Banned Read only
    I don't think it's that mens clothes are boring, I think it's just that they lack variety.

Women have t-shirts, blouses, shirts. Jumpers, cardigans, shrugs, sweater dresses. Normal dresses. Full length, midi, mini. Skirts. Tights. Leggings. Trousers. Flared, skinny, mum jeans. Heels. Boots. Knee high and ankle. Etc etc.

The list of womens clothing items is so much longer than men.

Take a skirt vs shorts as an example. Men have shorts. Women have skirts of different cut and length.