Thread: Being forgetful

Being forgetful

As most might recall, I almost always have bracelets on when dressed en femme. Naturally, when I change to drab mode off come the bracelets and on goes my male wristwatch. However, over the past 10 days or so, when I've taken off either my dress or my nightie and put on my slacks and shirt, I've noticed on 3 or 4 occasions I had forgotten to remove my bracelets. Yesterday morning I was about to take the pup to doggie day care. Since it was cold enough to wear a winter coat, I just left the bracelets on as the elastic cuffs on the coat would hide them. I'm thinking that since I wear the bracelets nightly and almost daily having them on has become 2nd nature (normal & natural) so they don't register as something to deal with when changing clothes.

Do any of you other ladies fail to remove visible signs of your favorite pastime when you change to drab mode?

As you can see, these are all "dainty" bracelets which I happen to love.

20240106_083345.jpg
    Last edited by Heather76; 01-06-2024 at 03:49 PM.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Just as men in my area wear nail polish, they also wear bracelets. Many have dangly items hanging off of them. Most people probably wouldn't even notice. They look pretty androgenous. Although I do like them!
    Last edited by char GG; 01-06-2024 at 05:40 PM.

hello Heather,
    I do remember that one morning when I was walking to the shops I heard a child say "Mummy, why is that man wearing makeup?"
    Oops!
    luv J

I have forgotten and left my smile on more than once. It is a sure give away that something is a miss.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

My wife’s friend was supposed to pick her up for an outing. Thought she would just wait in car but she came inside and sat for a bit. I had left my flats (size 16) in plain site. She also used the restroom and I realized later I had left a pair of forms and a bra on a shelf in there. Since coming out to wife much more difficult to remember to put things away. Of course nothing was said by the friend but have to wonder what she wonders. Oh well not going to lose any sleep over it.

Junior Member lynn.crossdresser's Avatar

Earrings

Reminds me when one morning I was driving to work and I noticed that I was still wearing my clip on pearl earrings after having a few hours fem time earlier, not the best look for a builders yard lol.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I showed up on the jobsite one morning with coffee, hardhat and the TV remote in my hand.

One day a female coworker at the resort asked, "Why are you wearing clear nail polish?" After replying that it keeps my nails from cracking.
    When I said, "Besides, you're the only one to notice."
    She replied, "We all noticed. I'm just the first to say something."
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I have forgotten lipstick which is always embarassing, I once forgot to close a website when I was sharing my screen during an online class a year or two ago, and people saw a decent bit. Still makes me cringe from embarassment
    Last edited by char GG; 01-07-2024 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Not necessary to quote the post just before yours

I guess with age and everything fem starting to feel normal I have had more then one. I wrote about a trip to the bakery and forgetting to remove my lipstick. Another time at a drive thu I reached out and it exposed my very fem bracelet. I'm finding the more I'm getting comfortable wearing fem earrings I'm forgetting to remove them. Trust me your not alone

I had to take my housemate to the E.R. the other day . I set off the metal detector. Only then did I remember I was wearing an under wire bra. Fortunately, it turned out to be my overcoat setting it off, but a holy cr@p! moment.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlaWestin View Post
    "We all noticed. I'm just the first to say something."
    This is the case nearly every time we think we're getting away with something. Most of the time (with me anyway) I probably wanted to be noticed anyway, otherwise I wouldn't have done it. The foolish part is I kind of think that I can magically pick who notices and who doesn't, even though I know that it obviously doesn't work that way.

Heather, I think you ought to just go ahead and wear the jewelry. When my dad remarried at about age 50, his new wife changed his style dramatically. He had never worn any jewelry before, and before long he was wearing multiple bracelets on both wrists, necklaces, multiple rings. The rings were masculine, some of the bracelets and necklaces were not. Wore more or less depending on where we were going or what he felt like. Also started wearing his nails long and clear polish. You couldn't help but notice, but he liked it and she liked it and I don't think either one of them cared what anybody else thought about it. We'd all do well to get to a point where we don't worry about it quite as much.

I have a friend who wears bracelets all the time.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    No, Heather. But, I'm simply a CD, not a trans. So, I don't feel the need to dress all the time. I dress all the way or not at all!

If I go out dressed, or partially dressed, to vanilla venues I've found anything that indicates I dress mite become a distraction from my main purpose for being out, which is for shopping, dining, out for a drink, run an errand, etc. And, I'm scatterbrained enuff as it is without added distractions! For me or the SA or server.

When I go out to T friendly venues like clubs and bars? Being out dressed is the main purpose I'm out! So, if I'm shopping, eating, etc. while out dressed, those r the distractions to my main purpose!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Many times of late I find myself forgetting something.
    Usually it’s a ring or bracelet but now I have to think about the second pair of earrings. They are generally chandeliers and they’ve become so a part of me that I don’t notice when I have to go drab.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by CarlaWestin View Post
    One day a female coworker at the resort asked, "Why are you wearing clear nail polish?"
    'Clear' isn't a big deal. Some rich guys get manicures with clear nail polish routinely.
    But, PINK nail polish IS a big deal! And I completely forgot about it, as I'm basically just barely functioning when I wake up. Drove to work. Only realized that I was still wearing lovely hot pink nail polish as I'm walking in to work. Quick, rush out to car, desperately trying every solvent in the trunk to get it off!
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Aspiring Member
    I forgot a cheap ring once long ago. Wife caught it and made a fuss. Ever since, I make a thorough inspection for jewelry when I change back to drab. I carefully check for every location of jewelry whether I wore it this episode or not. Ears. Neck. Wrists. Fingers. Waist. Ankles. Toes. Then I check where I store it. I even inventory my nine pieces of body piercing jewelry to be sure they are there, though all nine are concealed when in drab.

There have been a couple of times that I almost forgot to take off my necklace. A silver heart with a red stone on a pretty silver chain. That would have been hard to explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren H View Post
    I have forgotten and left my smile on more than once. It is a sure give away that something is a miss.
    Thanks Karren for this. I just caught your smile coming my way.

I am becoming more forgetful as I age. I am becoming sloppy. My kids don't know I crossdress. I have forgotten to put stuff up. Once, I left a garment on the floor... I think that I have caught my mistake before anyone else ever could have. But, it is making me more paranoid.
    I am a man who presents male and wears feminine clothes.
    I blog about my outings: https://joeypress.wordpress.com/

Platinum Member
    I wear a small silver necklace & Bracelet Plus my 3 Studs in each ear, everyday.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I'm not one of the "ladies" but I'll answer anyway. I once went to the kids' house to help install their new flooring. I was there several hours, had a few beers, had good chats with them as we worked. After getting home I noticed I was still wearing my dangly heart earrings instead of my usual tribals. With my hair pulled back there's no way they didn't notice, but they didn't care enough to mention it either.

I have a jewelry box at work in my office. I have considered making a drab checklist. Several times, I have gone home with my top button undone showing my camisole.

Banned Read only
    My wife and I are in a deep "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" marriage. She makes no snide comments, and I try my best not to overtly remind her of my crossdressing. That being said there were some times I have left an article of clothing out, bra or a panty. All my wife said was she folded them and placed them out of sight on top of the dryer behind closed doors. No further comment. Another time I left my pseudo forms in the kitchen sink; two white water balloons. She knows I am on the site because, when she called me for some help I left the site up. I got distracted and did not come back to the computer. Later, she told me I may want to be more careful because a visitor may see it open. Again, no snide comments or hint of irritation.