Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Changing in a car

Oh those days of dressing in the car. Hardest part was changing shoes and throwing on the wig. Fun times. Now days I can head out to the car already dressed. SO much the better...

I have changed in the car many times. Usually I put the front seat forward as far as it can go and then get in the backseat to change. Pantyhose can be a bit difficult but generally dress there is not a problem. Finding a suitable location can be tricky. Mall parking lots but far away from the entrance. Sometimes I put the undergarments on in a washroom and then come out and finish dressing. I have a new jumpsuit which I have never tried in a car and I don't think that would work very well. Makeup comes out surprisingly well. Sometimes I'll go in Sephora for a critique, if I am at a mall. Usually it's ok but sometimes they will do a touchup for me.

I really hate trying to change in the car. There is not enough light or room. Cold forms... yikes ... all i can think about is Bob Seger singing "points of her own standing way up firm and high" lol
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

my "girl kit" rides on the passenger side floor (okay I've had lipstick melt in summer, so now that's at the bottom of the kit).
    Changing for me is about a 5 minute event as my lunch break is about 30 minutes

5 minutes to change
    20 minutes for coffee and cake at the cafe
    5 minutes to change back again

So probably more like a 40 minute lunch break, but who's counting.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

had the opportunity to travel to PA and back to Virginia dressed when my parents were still alive. I would underdress with foundations and top but would stop along the way to get makeup on and complete the look. Always was a bit timid as I had to stop for tolls on Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel. I can recall going over the bridge and stopping at the visitor center on the north side of the tunnel. There I would get the rest of my look together with boots, long dresses, wig and makeup. Not too much of a challenge I thought. I remember stopping in the dead of winter on the Eastern SHore of Virginia, to get out and take a bit of a stroll from the car on the country roads. I loved the way the winter breeze lifted my long broomstick dress to expose the cute boots. The only issue I had was having to stop at restrooms. I thought about stopping at the Sonic in Chincoteague as they had a gender neutral bathroom but usually left main road RT 13 to go on a country road and squat to do my business along the way. There used to be a rest area with several porta potties near Pocomoke that I stopped for. I remember not being to wait any longer for relief and pulled into the rest are, and got out to hit the potties. Well as soon as I went in someone started to knock on the door. Did my best female, its busy and finished. I held the door for the young man as I exited. To me that was pretty extreme. I game him a smile, he smiled back and it was off for another hundred miles or so.
    Last edited by char GG; 01-12-2024 at 04:08 PM. Reason: changed one word to be inline with the rules

One of the best reasons to own a crew cab pickup truck!! I have enough room to do everything in the passenger section but stand up straight!!! I can even bring my light up makeup mirror!!

I must admit I sure did a lot of dressing in the car, I could be a professional. Now I go to the car half dressed that makes it easier, I think back then I used to pull some muscles dressing in the car. If you think breast forms are cold at 10f, back in the day I used to wear water balloons. That was a rude awakening.

Aspiring Member
    I too admit to changing in a car. In my case, it is either putting on the last few items or, much more often, changing back to drab. When I lived on a military base, I would dress and drive out the gate. Leaving was easy. Nothing was checked. Returning was another story. I had to look like that photo on my military ID. That meant changing back to drab and removing makeup, usually in the car.

I can sure relate to the chilly change back to drab. January 12, 1981, was the coldest day in Boston in the latter half of the Twentieth Century. High temperature downtown that day was double digits below zero. My car was at a park and ride in Acton. I changed back to drab in my car in a parking lot that day after a fun day touring Boston en femme. I had warm coats for both femme and drab, but the transition out of my shapewear was cold indeed. It took more than a half hour running the engine to warm up the interior enough to stop frost from growing inside the windshield. Well, I did not have to worry about people seeing into the car to observe what I was doing. The things we do to look gorgeous.

BTW, the frosty adventure nearly cured me. I purged and did not dress again until March 1997.
    Last edited by abby054; 01-13-2024 at 07:25 PM.

For Christmas, my housemate gave me a baseball cap with a partial wig attached, it makes getting out of the house a little easier. It only works for casual looks, but, still, every little bit helps.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

I did this once. It was exciting but I doubt I?ll ever do again. I did it in a parking lot at a nearby mall. When I was done a woman walked by band said that she believed I looked much better as a woman.
    Apparently she had seen me getting dressed when she went in. The saw me in her way out. She felt that she should tell me.

Aspiring Member
    Fortunately, the rear window and rear side windows of my car are tinted and it's very difficult to see in, so it makes an ideal space in which to change.

Joanne, I bet that was a shocking comment to get. I mean it’s a compliment but quite unexpected.

I have changed in the car a few times in the past.
    No Makeup or wig for me. So the makeup issue was not a problem for me
    I really dont go out hardly at all anymore. So not an issue for me anymore.
    But it sure can be tricky
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

They should have yoga classes based on changing clothes in a car. It requires a whole different kind of stretching! I've done it a number of times for different reasons but I much prefer just walking out my front door en femme.

I change into my dresses skirts tops in the car, as well as putting in my breast forms. I find it easier to do as time has passed. I always manage to underdress to leave the house.

Platinum Member
    Hi Monika , That is the great thing about having a VAN, >Orchid**OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I use to dress up more, wearing a skirt and so forth, during the long drives to my son's college to collect him and his belongings during breaks.

At that time, I had a van which offered plenty of room. Only once did I lock myself in the van with the engine running. I had to tear down the partition and squeeze through. I can only imagine my embarrassment had a trooper pulled up behind me, having to rescue me from my own vehicle.

I have never changed fully in a vehicle but typically opted to use a local rest areas family bathroom. Really good at the start of a long trip and at the end to change back. I would typically underdress and then just don my outerwear, do my makeup and hair then back in the car, add jewelry. Total time 15 to 20 minutes. Walk in male and walk out female.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I agree did this maybe twice, I found a restroom in an office building that I had visited it was just a small single person gender neutral,

Paradoxically, the sign on the door read Male-Female, I thought to myself seize the day, it was out of the way seldom used and had a lock on the door.

This thread is probably a good opportunity to mention Refuge Restroom (https://refugerestrooms.org).

I usually change in the car. But in my case, it's high heels. I get in the car in my clothes, rather a unisex style, underneath I have women's panties and a push-up bra. I usually leave the house in ankle boots with heels, but since I can never decide which boots I want to wear, I always have other pairs to change into in the back and I often change. And platform sneakers in the trunk just in case.

At one point, I referred to my car as my she shed!

Thank goodness I have the confidence to dress en femme at home and then go out to do my business, whether it is out shopping, to church, and to doctor appointments. And I do not use stick-on nails; rather I apply nail varnish (polish) on Saturday night to go with the outfit I wear on Sunday morning. And that varnish lasts until Saturday when I remove it and apply a new color.

I have never been hassled for dressing en femme. And that includes the times when I speak with my masculine bass voice.

John
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Early on when I first started venturing out I would half-dress at home. Maybe put on the bra and top and hose. Do my foundation maybe eye shadow? Pack my skirt, heels, and pocketbook, which contained the rest of the make-up I needed, mascara, blush etc. into a backpack put on some sweatpants throw a jacket on. Then I would drive to one of the few places I knew I could complete my outfit without raising too much suspicion. Those days are long gone now. I just got to a place where It's easier and better to do it all at home before I go out. Plus as a bonus, I get to check out the look in my full-length mirror.

I've changed in / beside the car twice. The first time was when I bought my first bra. I drove to a store a few towns over, went in and bought a bra. Went back out to my car and couldn't wait to get home, I had parked on the backside of the store away from the main road so I looked around, didn't see anybody pulled my shirt off, put the bra on and then pulled my shirt back on.

The second time I had just purchased a dress and really wanted to put it on. I drove until I found a store that had a bid parking lot with some woods at the back of the lot. I pulled in and drove to the back and backed in. Opened the doors and quickly stripped down to my bra and panties and pulled the dress on. Hopped back in the car and drove away. It felt awesome driving along in a dress, I had tinted windows so I wasn't worried about anyone seeing me. Drove home and into the garage and spent the rest of the day walking around the house in my new purchase.