Thread: How many CD's go out dressed TOO OFTEN!?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Question How many CD's go out dressed TOO OFTEN!?

I began taking my Xmas decor down today. The reason? I was out way too often in Dec!

Let me explain. I'm basically a closet dresser. I go out often but only to bars and clubs far from home. (Altho there is a gay club in my town, none of my ancient friends would ever go there.)

This Dec. was crazy and Jan. is not better so far! I checked. In Dec. I was out every weekend plus several week nites to T birthdays, charity events, Mary's, and NYE. Then, last weekend was Mary's T girl nite again and this weekend is furries nite at the Exec. Suites in Long Beach!

U may wonder if I'm bragging or complaining?

Good question? I had great times except at the charity gig. But, I'm looking at all my Xmas pics that need editing and stories that need dialog added and I'm NOT pleased!

Any other CD's ever have this problem?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I think my record number of outings is 5 out of 8 days in a row, and it was mostly at night technically speaking. It was a lot of fun and I would do it again, but I found it quite exhausting. At least my type of outings are since I was out very late.

Too bad I missed you when I was at the Executive Suites about a year ago.

Maybe next time ; )

Sandi

Platinum Member
    God, I wish. I can never keep up with either of you, not even close. Honestly, I get out almost every day, but in an everyday manner. There just is not all that much going on in little resort community where I live. I try to attend community events, but honestly, I am a bit lazy too!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Dresses are my everyday garments, both at home and out in public, including.shopping and.church. So I go out "dressed" close to 100 percent of the.time. Last week I did wear trousers to get up on a roof to replace shingles. And now and then I might wear a man's coat and tie outfit to church but that is seldom.

John
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

I wish I had that problem. One time when I was on a business trip and stayed enfemme for almost a week, it was exhausting. Towards the end I just wanted to wear sweats, hang around the hotel room and throw all my fem stuff away! Took a while to get back into the swing. Too much of a good thing?
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I have never had the opportunity to dress more than two days in a row. So I can't say I have dressed too often.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Too often?
    I don't think that's ever happened to me.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Banned Read only
    I am an in-home cross-dresser. When I do venture out it is in the evening for a drive that ends up with a stroll in a safe residential neighborhood with lots of small mom and pop stores and restaurants. Too much? In the past, yes. When my visited our daughter in the mid-west for seven to ten days I dolled up 24/7. I found I neglected all outside chores; mow the lawn, grocery shopping, etc. I did get the daily mail at the community mail center attired on the way out on my drive.

After some traumatic events in my life a number of years ago, including a significant turn in my wife's tolerance, I stopped dressing. The wife's change was not the worst of what happened, but it certainly was a factor.

Before that I had been going out every now and then, including some week long T conventions and some visits with T friends, sometimes for a few days. This would happen maybe 2-3 times a year, so not very often.
    For these outings, I would stay in girl mode full time day and night, and would do my best to look and behave as a female and play the role, if you will. These times would often include late nights with lots of time chatting, socializing, have a couple glasses of vine, and sometimes even dancing (not really my thang, but still).
    While I very much enjoyed the multi day girl time, I always enjoyed getting back to "normal" afterwards. I have heard of many others who find it depressing to change back, but I never felt bad about that and in fact always felt really happy and energized for several days after.

Recently, the last couple of years, I have gotten into dressing a little now and then again, and the last 6+ months I have been away from home for work all week, every week, staying at nice hotels with nice large and comfortable rooms, more like a small apartment really.
    I resisted the urge to bring any girl stuff along for a while, but eventually started bringing that second suitcase with me.
    As tempting as it has been, I never left the room. Partly because I don't feel great about my look, but more so because I fear I would like it too much!

Instead I have been dressing in the evenings and a few times for full days, typically shedding all the male clothes and putting it out of sight as soon as I got to the hotel. Then doing my hair and makeup and putting on a dress or sometimes just something casual to spend the rest of the evening watching TV or working on my computer.
    As I have posted about elsewhere, I recently got into experimenting with fully installed/glued on lace front wigs, and it has been fun to play with long hair that just feels so natural and feel very close to it being my own hair. The removal is a bit time consuming, so it has often meant getting to bed too late after cleaning up the mess.

While I do enjoy these dress up times, I agree with others here who have said that this is somewhat exhausting! Even with the periods of just sitting down watching TV etc, it is not really relaxing for me, but is somewhat tiring.
    Don't get me wrong, I like it and enjoy it, but it is a lot of effort to go through and then just stay in the room.

Every now and then I have just changed clothes and not bothered with makeup or hair installation, but that is difficult for me. I guess I am one of the All or Nothing types, so it just feels a little odd if not all done. I have many times started out Casual, just to later continue the transformation until I finally see the girl emerge fully in the mirror.

So back to Sherry's OP. No, I don't Go Out Too Much, and I don't feel I ever did. However, what I did do was clearly too much for my wife, and I also think that the proficiency I developed over time became too much for her. I got a little too good at applying the girl look as well as the female behavior when dressed, and she understandably probably got scared of where this was going. I never had any intention or desire to transition, but I can understand why others might have thought I did. I am just a bit of a perfectionist and when I do something I usually go to great lengths to do it 100%.

I wish I could do this more often, and I wish I could go out now and then, but I know I have to be really really careful.

a few years ago i went out alot but in the last years its been almost never, sometimes i dress at home but even thats been rare at the moment.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Kim and JohnH, that's why my thread was directed towards CD's. We don't desire to dress every day as trans do.

I feel like Karren. After dressing and going out so much lately, after this weekend I hope I won't have to dress and go out again until WildSide in May!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I'm a closet dresser as well. Mostly helps when most of my dresses are victorian dresses and wouldn't blend in with the current world. So when I do dress up, it's just for a few hours a day and mostly posing around infront of a mirror and/or taking some selfies. I have gotten out to Pride a couple of times and used to also get out for Halloween parties as well (although hasn't happened for a couple years now). So 95% of my dressing up is at home. I don't dress up too often though as it takes a lot to dress up in my dresses and I have to feel up for putting it on. The pink fog comes and goes with me so depends on how I feel. Although lately, I have dressed up the last couple of weekends at home so I'm back on again!

I can't see why going out would ever be considered too often. Yes, even if it were a daily thing. In my case, it would be different. It would not involve clubs and bars as I don't drink. It would also not involve taking a lot of pictures for an album or for posting. It may involve 4 or 5 pictures that I can edit down to 2 to share here; but, that would be it. My going out would involve, more mundane things like shopping, go to a movie, walking in the park, etc. I would love to play some golf from the ladies' tees while dressed appropriately.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

No such thing as too often for me. My goal is to be my authentic female self 24/7.