Thread: Too many choices?

Too many choices?

Woke up this morning and while laying in bed I began to think about what I wanted to wear today.
    This went on for like 20 minutes. I couldn't decide. I have a closet full of clothes and couldn't decide what to wear. Then I thought about if I was going to be drab for the day because I had something particular to do and what I'd wear.

Easy.
    I'd grab a pair of jeans, any old T-shirt from the drawer, a pair of white socks and sneakers, the same sneakers I'd wear every day, for years. How simple, but how boring.

And here I am, lying in bed, trying to decide. A skirt and blouse with tights and boots, maybe leggings and a tunic with ankle boots, or my ____ dress with stockings and heels or go casual with just jeans and a cute top with flats. Oh the choices, oh the wonderful choices.
    And I haven't even begun to think about lingerie. Which bra should I wear, underwire or T-shirt, match my panties or not and what style, boy shorts, hipster, brief?
    Too many choices?
    I think not. It's all part of the wonderful life we live as women.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Platinum Member
    Absolutely! I faced a similar array of choices and they were all way better than the drab alternatives!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

100% better then male choices that's for sure. I could tell the weather by what my wife is wearing and I'm starting to take on her ways. When it's a sunny day she wears her normal bras and bright clothes. But when it cloudy she wear her boring Geni or sports bras. I'm kind of adapting to this, it gone as far as what's for dinner could make a difference choice. Women are so lucky to have so much choice.

You are absolutely correct. I have the exact decisions to make every day. Yes, way too many choices and I love it. All my bras are underwires, but which color, which, if any, forms, etc. I wear either pantyhose or thigh highs daily, again what color?
    In this cold weather, it?s usually slacks and a sweater or top and a sweater. I love my flats especially when wearing hose. No complaints.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    First off, you're wasting time and energy dithering about your undergarments as no one will see them after you're dressed. Including u.

I chose those that will work the best for the look I want.

Could care less if they're worn and faded.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

My only real difficulty is deciding what bra to wear. Why? Because first I have to decide what dress I'll be putting on. Yes, Sherry, it makes a difference what underwear one has on. I decided on a black dress so I have a black bra on as well as black panties. Don't ask me why it makes a difference as I don't know the reason. I just know it does to me.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Choices?
    What to wear to church this morning? My goto garments are dresses and heels. So I selected out a dress. No any old dress, but a long sleeve sweater maxi-dress. And heels. Again, not just any. I selected out heeled boots.
    So I get to church and discover I'm the only one wearing a dress as everybody else was wearing trousers. The excuse? It's COLD (-9 degrees C/15 degrees F). Now that is mighty chilly for the Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas area.
    During coffee hour while sitting at a table, I said, "It takes a man to wear a dress", and boy, did I get a reaction from the women at the table.

John
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Platinum Member
    Hi Cheryl , There just so Many Choices & So Little Time ! >Orchid--OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I usually pick the dress first and work backwards to underwear

I know this pain and pleasure! What to choose for today? Long dress or short skirt? Pink or blue bra? Pumps or mules? Long blond wig or short black?
    Men used to make jokes about woman loosing valuable time between wardrobe and bathroom in the morning.
    But now, I have to say, I love it, love to be a woman.
    I like the best the sweet emotion when all the preparation is done and it is just time for lipstick.

But Sabine, what shade of lippy? Whole new ballgame.

Hi Helen, I don't have too many options here. My duty lipstick, one at time, is most often deep red. I used to improvise with shading eyelids somehow.
    Still dreaming about painting nails at fingers and feet or maybe gluing eyelashes. It's out of my scope, however.

The cool weather narrows my choices a bit this morning. Textured leggings and a fleecelined tunic. I added some nude knee highs and women's sneakers. Even in warmer weather it generally doesn't take me long to decide what to wear, but I will occasionally change a couple of times in the morning if i didn't get it right the first time.

Banned Read only
    For those who are fortunate to be able to mull over "What will I wear today?" it must be difficult to make that choice. All the GG's I know spend zero times figuring out what to wear unless it is some social event. My wife and I are peas in a pod. Every day there is minimal variation. It's jeans with a different top; graphic tee shirt or a print on a shirt. I can tell the socks apart when folding the wash by the size. No variation at all in the undergarments, other than I alternate between white and black. There has to be some illogical reason that I have 162 dresses or 58 nightgowns.

I usually spend some time deciding what I want to wear for the day, then end up staying in my nightgown, or PJs, all day!
    Ambigendrous
    Wealth should not be measured by how much you have, but by how little you need - anon

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    First off, you're wasting time and energy dithering about your undergarments as no one will see them after you're dressed. Including u.

I chose those that will work the best for the look I want.

Doc,
    You might be wasting your time choosing, but for me it's all part of the whole. No one may see them (wink, wink) but me, but they still make me feel that certain way and I love feeling that certain way.
    Yes, some of the choice is based in need, but most is based in desire.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Yes Helen, lipstick is also to be considered, but that's after the rest for me.
    The question then becomes do the lips take center stage or the eyes, for it can't be both.

I have to decide the night before because I too am fortunate enough to have lots of choice but am also cursed with indecision. I'd never get out of bed. Went with a leopard print maxi shirt dress and brown 5" stiletto knee boots today...though I'm pretty sure I'll pick something else out at lunch time lol.

I do the same thing lying in bed each morning. I think about what I am planning to do each day and what the weather is like and them I can figure out what I'm going to wear. Lately, when I doing my everyday things, my outfit is leggings with a sweater or t-shirt. Generally, my footwear is boots or sneakers. Since I want to avoid VPLs, I wear thong panties every day with my leggings. Most of the time I wear a lacy bra or bralette. I love lace and just knowing I have it on makes me feel more feminine.

Now when I'm going out to an event, that's more of a process... I usually start thinking about that weeks ahead! I love dresses and heels but like most women, i don't have all that many occasions to dress fancy unfortunately. I am planning on getting some cute sundresses for the coming spring and summer though!

Love the question - "too many choices". Even though my Femme wardrobe is limited I do still have a lot of choices. When I'm planning ahead for a night out I find myself mentally picking out clothes to wear that night. This past Saturday I was going to a group meeting and I had narrowed down the choice to two outfits in the weeks leading up to the event. But I still had difficulty deciding until it was time to actually get dressed. Given the weather forecast that day I wound up going with jeans instead of a skirt.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post

Well, my mother taught me to always wear clean and decent undies (even if she never knew I preferred panties) just in case I was in an accident.
    If mine get worn or faded they get trashed. I can afford to wear nice things and do so to make Me feel good, even if no one sees them.