Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's dressing more as they get older?

Who's dressing more as they get older?

I've been dressing for about 47 of my 60 years and idk why but just the last couple years I've been going out frequently in public. I always thought my dressing would taper off as the years went by but it seems the opposite is happening. Maybe it's the don't give a f* attitude we get as we age but I've definitely been pushing the limits. And the best thing is I've found so many wonderful accepting women out there. I have a friend now at one of the shops I regularly go both in drab and in femme and she is amazingly supportive. She recognized my trans look having only seen me in male mode before but she was actually very complimentary and said she wouldn't have made me if I hadn't went out of my way to say hi. But she told me I had a nice figure and my makeup was good but needed a better wig styling. I haven't posted on this site in a long time but I may share some photos later. But would like to hear if other "veteran CDs" have also gotten braver with age and what have been some of your experiences.

I've been dressing properly since I was around 20 but sort of don't know why but started trying on my sisters clothes when I was about 7, I don't know why but it felt I should be wearing girls clothes but anyway back to your question, I figured with the help of comments from other people on this site that it's the way I am, so alot older now I do dress more at 64yr old.
    It's not that I have gotten braver it's the way I am, and have had the talk and couldn't explain to my wife why but did say it's not going away, she is awesomely understanding.
    When we first got together I told her I was into dressing in women's clothes especially pantyhose and underwear, I said I don't know why but it's the way I am.

Well, I didn't even begin to crossdress until I was 69 years old - about two years ago. As a younger person the thought never even crossed my mind. My female alter ego emerged a few weeks after trying on my first pantyhose and heels. It seems to me like both the impulse and the persona were always there, waiting for the proper moment to emerge. With the acceptance and support of my wife Kris has flourished and shows no signs of ebbing as I grow older.
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

Count me in on this. I do think there are other forces at play here mainly the introduction of the Internet and forums like this one that have opened up the world of CD'ing to many of us who until then were pretty much isolated.

Gaining access to online shopping allowed me to have my own clothes and not rely on poorly fitting things snatched from the charity bag, especially true of footwear.

Being able to find support groups and meet others from our community just heightened my awareness of what was possible.

Also, society has changed. Here in the UK you could go to prison right up to the late 60's in England, mid 80's in Scotland and N Ireland for being gay. Greater acceptance has lead to greater freedoms and while it's not yet a perfect world, it's a lot better than it was and our experiences here show the strides made.

But yes, there is the f%^& it factor. The, if I don't do it now it'll be to late so crack on and make the most of the time left.

I have been crossdressing for more than 4 decades. Initially, I was doing that occasionally only. Now, I do several time a week for 3-5 hours. I used to do because my inner femininity won the long war on my masculinity eventually. I try to be en-femme whenever possible, just keeping up appearances for the external world.
    Last edited by Sabine7; 01-22-2024 at 05:50 AM.

Banned Read only
    A lot when I was 4-6
    Not much between 6 and 12
    Constantly between 13 and 18
    Barely at all between 19 and 28
    Constantly between 28 and 32
    Barely at all since 32

An interesting thread that makes me now reflect on my journey. I don't think it is dressing more, but dressing better with each adventure allowing me to savour the experience better. In other words, I would say it is "quality over quantity". It started long ago during decade of my teens but disappeared for several decades due to family, career and other responsibilities. My desire to dress would reemerge around the time I turned 47 and it has evolved into who I am today. Going out with friends and sharing social times with other Tgirls and friends is my prime activity. I no longer dress by myself at home. The evolution is more much getting it right from make-up to appropriate dress, to being confident that I can more fully be the woman of my dreams. In other words, I don't go out more; I go out better and enjoy myself more.
    Sarah Adams, mature girl from NH. My photos are on Flickr under vintage4sarah !

Platinum Member
    Hi Megan , That is the great thing about getting older, I have so much more free Time, >Orchid**OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Platinum Member
    Definitely.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

My desire to dress in womens clothing has definitely increased with age. Last month I dressed 24/7 for a week while my wife was on a girls trip if it was up to me I would dress every day all day.

Dressing more often - but not going out any more often

I'm definitely dressing more as I get older as well as going out more. I'm not exactly sure why but I'm thinking factors like being more comfortable with my authentic gender identity, the thought that I'm only here for a short time, changing societal attitudes and the desire to makeup for things I have missed living in my forced identity are all part of it. The trigger for my dressing more was working with a psychologist (going on 10 years ago now) who helped me get past the shame and guilt I carried for many years. This allowed me to accept myself more and open myself to the vulnerability of being my authentic feminine self.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    A definite yes to this question. After coming to my wife, my on occasional routine increased with my new found freedom. This led to going full time underdressing about 25 years ago. As my libido started to decrease, my desire to dress in more apparel increased. Now, I dress regularly, wearing a skirt and hosiery over my lingerie. My tactile senses have always loved the feel of nylon, or silk against my skin.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Aspiring Member
    I am definitely dressing more as I grow older. There are various factors involved:
    ? the internet
    ? More disposable income
    ? Online access to make purchases
    ? Retirement and more time
    ? Children leaving home, so more space and less likelihood of intrusion
    ? A feeling if I don?t do it now, will I ever.
    I first had feelings about crossdressing from about 6 years old and it grew into puberty. Put it aside for many years, but now I am in my late seventies and have been active crossdressing for about 12 years. Good days.
    Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

I absolutely dress more often, I was thinking that the dressing would fade off as I got older
    But I am finding that everyday I dress at least some. Certainly every night I dress
    Almost every morning I get dressed for a while. Depending on if I have to go out that day
    the dressing is an all day thing if I am just staying home.
    I only go out dressed in guy mode. But if my truck is in the driveways, you can bet Raychel is here
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

The desire to dress more often has grown as i have got older.The opportunities have reduced. Due to 2 daughters still at home. This being my 60th year.

Wow, it's nice to know I'm not the only one!

I under dressed for about 5 years before meeting my wife. When it got serious, I threw it all away. Fast forward 28 years and it came out that I like wearing panties. Over the las two years, I have moved on to dresses a women's pants and tops. Lately, as seen in a couple of my posts, I'm now dabbling in makeup and thinking about wigs.

I'll be 65 this year and have decided I don't care what other people think of how I dress. Except my wife. She is still struggling with some of it, like my desire to go out dressed. So I only do that when she is not around. If I could have my way, I would only wear womens clothing 24/7.

Don't know it's age, but there it is.
    Dressing up. There's never a wrong time for it, just enjoy being you.

Banned Read only
    In the beginning my dressing was limited to "bedroom play." Then, it was a little "kink" with several nighties and hosiery until it wasn't. After the introduction of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" my dressing time was limited to Sunday mornings when my wife worked as a nursery attendant at a church and took our preschooler and toddler along. When both kids were old enough to be in school and my wife worked part-time I would take off a "therapy" day from work. Fast forward to the time when both kids were totally out of the house and my wife worked a full day and I was retired. It was an entire day of "June Cleaver" homemaker. When my wife visited our daughter out of state or a cousin in the southwest, it was 24/7 for seven to ten days. It was great! Then my wife fully retired and it all came crashing down. The only time I am comfortable is sleeping in a nightie and pecking away on the keyboard in the morning before my wife gets up. Right now I am attired in a Croft & Barrow midi-length dress with bra, panty and full slip; no wig.

I tried on a couple of my wife's things over the first 35 years of our marriage but it was just curiosity and that curiosity was satisfied after a few minutes and I moved on. But, in my mid-fifties, i tried on a pair of her lace panties and actually liked what I saw and what I felt and not just on a sexual level (although it felt really sexy). It took a few months to work up the courage to tell my wife that i wanted to wear panties and she was surprised and confused but not horrified. She was the one who bought my first selection of panties and worked as my cover when we shopped (and still does at times). At that point I really hadn't considered anything but panties... but then i found this site...

My dressing more as I get older is a very real thing, but it's mostly because I'd never even considered it for decades. For the last fifteen or so years i've tried to throttle my dressing to accommodate my wife, but I'm retired now and, after a couple of years of therapy and soul searching, I get up virtually every day and pick something from my femme closet. I dress more as I've gotten older because I have more privacy and I look back and see that I didn't get any more affirmation in drab. I met minimum standards, but I just don't have any memories of getting compliments for my taste before and got a fair amount of criticism that still stings. So now I just feel stronger in being assertive than I ever did trying to meet some elusive masculine standard.
    Last edited by Bea_; 01-22-2024 at 11:27 AM.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    You got me tagged. Not that I go out. Could never pass in public and that matters to me. But I have so much more time since I retired and I'm making the most of it.

Most assuredly I dress more now than ever.
    I think it's a combination of things. First, I care less about the opinions of others and more about being myself and enjoying life. Second, I retired, then Covid sheltered us in place for so long. I spent most of Covid (2020-2021) nearly full time so I've become so comfortable in my own skin. Even now I'm probably spending 80+% of my time dressed and only go drab for family functions as they are unaware and for certain activities such as yard work and messy things as I don't have any female clothing that I consider expendable for those occasions.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Megan, I think you're onto something! Trans tend to dress more as they age in my experience.

However, I dress much less now than when I began dressing about 30 years ago. I used to often just throw on a few items when I came home from work. But now, I dress all the way or not at all!

But, maybe you lot here just aren't old enuff yet? I started dressing at 50 and am 80 now. When u get to be my age u trans may either dress all the time or u CD's mite dress less?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Red face From Tracey

Quote Originally Posted by megan163 View Post
    I've been dressing for about 47 of my 60 years and idk why but just the last couple years I've been going out frequently in public. I always thought my dressing would taper off as the years went by but it seems the opposite is happening. Maybe it's the don't give a f* attitude we get as we age but I've definitely been pushing the limits. And the best thing is I've found so many wonderful accepting women out there. I have a friend now at one of the shops I regularly go both in drab and in femme and she is amazingly supportive. She recognized my trans look having only seen me in male mode before but she was actually very complimentary and said she wouldn't have made me if I hadn't went out of my way to say hi. But she told me I had a nice figure and my makeup was good but needed a better wig styling. I haven't posted on this site in a long time but I may share some photos later. But would like to hear if other "veteran CDs" have also gotten braver with age and what have been some of your experiences.
    Good evening Megan163
    I am 57 years old, started crossdressing when I was 8 and I am with you... I am doing it more and more as I get older. I thought I would stop and I am still 'in the closet' but still love to put on makeup, bra, panties and a skirt or dress. Probably I will never stop. I never have gone to a bar or public setting dressed, that would require going out with many other friends plus I need to work more on making myself a little more girly.

I have been able to dress more frequently as I have aged but there is no deep pyschological reason behind it. It is simply a case of logistics. The kids moved out and I retired so there were more Danielle day opportunities. It used to be a Danielle day was once or twice a year and now it is about every two weeks and sometimes there is the opportunity for mutiple Danielle days close together. It has also helped that my wife has become more accepting and supportive over the years so there no longer is the secrecy about a Danielle day which used to exist.

I don't know if I'm desiring to dress more as I grow older. It's a very interesting question though!

I've long had to repress the desire to dress because of children at home. My wife has known about my crossdressing from before we were married, and is supportive. Right now, we're temporarily child free. I've been dressing fully for about two weeks now whenever we are at home, and underdressing a fair bit when we're not. The desire to dress has been strong for quite some time now, and despite all the dressing I've been doing, it's remaining strong. In fact, I think maybe it's gotten stronger in these two weeks. There's a part of me that wonders if maybe I've had enough for now. But, then I get dressed and that thought just gets tossed out.

All of this has been a slow evolution over the years. I suspect in retirement that I may be dressing the vast majority of the time. But, is it age related? I don't know. It might be opportunity related.