Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's dressing more as they get older?

Since I didn't begin cross dressing until just shy of age 75, I can honestly say I've been dressing more as I get older. Sorry for this post but I just couldn't resist. But it gives me an idea for another thread.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

It's so wonderful to hear everyone's story. A big part of why I feel more comfortable going out dressed is knowing there's so many of us in this community. And yes, with society accepting, I don't feel weird about it anymore .Now, I don't get scared and avoid contact when out dressed. Women especially have been really sweet in giving advice. While I wish I had felt this way when I was younger, I'm loving the moment. Thanks to all for sharing!

I can support that. The urge seemed to get stronger that needed to be satisfied. Now that I work from home the opportunity to dress is almost every day, and my closet is now overflowing.

Definitely dress more than 20yrs ago and have much more femme clothing. I'm not sure its more often but certainly more effort goes into it now....when I first got into it properly its was maybe just a nightie or stockings...usually an old item of my wifes....now its a dress or skirt & blouse with stockings,panties,bra and nearly always make-up. Only ever been out in the car....or in our garden....we live in the middle of nowhere so no one to see me apart from my wife.....she's the only one who know(as far as I know.lol) and is supportive....altho she has suggested maybe the only other person who would be easier to talk to is a friend who's transitioning now.....not that I want to transition....but only if I feel the need to talk to someone else but her......at this time I don't.

Board-Certified Shaman LaSirenaBella's Avatar
    I?m 55 and it?s starting to look that way.
    Sirena Rivera
    "Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing." - Theodor S. Geisel

high everyone early retirment left me fretime to exploer crosdressing dont have to worryabout job iff found out more time to shop gave me more time to exsplor weather ben wet in north california i live 2miles inland thankyou opertunitys hear Doven

Sure is true as I get older. I?ll wear some womenswear every day.
    Alice

Yes, I'm dressing more. Reasons?

1. I'm retired, so I have more time. One kid is out of the house (the other is still living with us, but he's nocturnal), so less obstacles.

The side benefit of retirement is losing weight from being more active AND not being tempted by junk at work, so I've lost 40 pounds. I feel cuter in size 14 than size 18.

2. Society has become a lot more tolerant; it's less of a risk now (not physical risk, just the emotional risk).

3. As I get older, my WTF quotient has gone up exponentially. I don't have a job, so I don't have to worry about losing it. And once I got out, I made friends so I have more reasons to get out.
    I'm Sun-Dee at Kandi's Land; read about my outings here:

https://www.kandis-land.com/author/dee/

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    I'm not sure more is a fair qualifier. It has changed. Not going out every weekend like in my thirties. That has little to do with dressing. Every day life has been taken over by my girl side. That is sunbathing that came with age and wisdom.

Definitely dressing more; especially since I began seeing a therapist for my gender dysphoria.

Absolutely! Actually, ever since my retirement and appreciation to my wonderful wife, I?m dressed to some degree daily, sometimes more, sometimes less, depends on my mood, but the freedom to wear what I want, when I want is irreplaceable. That includes makeup.

That is a very good question. My experience is yes I do.

I dabbled in Cding when I was a kid with my 3 older sisters clothes. I always had some access to something when I got married at 23.

But, as I got older, like 60 it came on strong. I was amazed how I looked when I figured out make up and developed my look.

I really think for me the trigger was a drop in Testosterone as I aged. Working from home also give me plenty of Me Time. My wife knows I dress at home 2 or 3x a week while she is at work. I also will dress on a weekend day if I am really feeling the need, not very often though.

I asked her this morning about her struggle putting on pantyhose. She asked me how I do it. I told her I do it the same way. She told me that I must be more flexible than she thought. Cross Dressing is becoming less of an issue in her mind and that is good.

Did anyone ever notice as people age men and women start kind of looking the same? I do. So, why not tip the barrel on the girl side and doll up if you are looking more female anyway?
    Last edited by Natalie5004; 01-25-2024 at 01:55 PM.

I do dress more as I have aged. My circumstances are very similar to other comments made here. The main reason is my living situation has changed as I have aged. I have been divorced for six years or so. I have been an empty-nester for probably the same time period.

I have been CDing since I was a teenager, and alas, that gave limited opportunities to dress. Even as I grew older, it was difficult, if only because I was scared to death to go to a store to buy shoes and clothing and Al Gore hadn't invented the internet yet!

The 70's and 80's were definitely hostile territory if you cross-dressed, at least where I lived.

I didn't get married until my 30's and had several children during that time. I was ultra in-the-closet! I had extremely limited opportunities to dress.

When my living situation changed, I had the freedom to dress when I wanted, and I still do to this very day. Some days it may just be a dress and heels, or panties and a bra. Others times I do full makeup and dress to the nines. Just depends on how I feel that day!

As I've stated before, I do not go out in public for the simple reason that I would never pass even though deep down wish I could. I also live in a small town and would get recognized immediately. I guess I will have to be satisfied that I can be me in the privacy of my own home.

Quote Originally Posted by megan163 View Post
    I've been dressing for about 47 of my 60 years and idk why but just the last couple years I've been going out frequently in public. I always thought my dressing would taper off as the years went by but it seems the opposite is happening. Maybe it's the don't give a f* attitude we get as we age but I've definitely been pushing the limits. And the best thing is I've found so many wonderful accepting women out there. I have a friend now at one of the shops I regularly go both in drab and in femme and she is amazingly supportive. She recognized my trans look having only seen me in male mode before but she was actually very complimentary and said she wouldn't have made me if I hadn't went out of my way to say hi. But she told me I had a nice figure and my makeup was good but needed a better wig styling. I haven't posted on this site in a long time but I may share some photos later. But would like to hear if other "veteran CDs" have also gotten braver with age and what have been some of your experiences.
    I find the older I get, the less I care what others think. I only wish I had felt this way when I was younger.

I too am dressing more as I get older. I find myself wearing female trousers and blouses now in public as they are very similar to male clothes, but do try to wear skirts and dresses at home. I've also started to wear a bra most of the time. As many others have said I think, retirement, a fabulous understanding wife, the acceptance of my needs and the wellbeing it gives me, the knowledge it hurts no-one, and my so what mindset all help.
    Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
    ― Roy T. Bennett

I have had my ears pierced and definately keep myself in a ready to dress mode more than ever now that I am older

Aspiring Member
    I add a few more items to wear, I just add a boyfriend shirt from Hanro
    Live Today as if it is your last day

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie Denier View Post
    The desire to dress more often has grown as i have got older.The opportunities have reduced.
    Ditto! I would like to dress more too.

that is very true snice retired i cant stop crosdresing all day all night

Definitely dressing more these days; more than just opportunity, my desire to do so is so much more. But perhaps one leads to the other? Never the less, I'm enjoying it immensely!

I definitely dress more since becoming an empty nester, no need to hide my clothes, wigs, makeup etc.
    Plus, I definitely enjoy being feminine as much as possible. Feel as though I'm making up for lost time and that is very satisfying.
    The most common form of despair is not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard

I too have been dressing more. I have also been getting a little bolder in my purchases. Just today I walked into a JC Penny?s and bought a dress I have been admiring online for the past two weeks. Trying to decide whether to order it and have it shipped home or to a store, I found a store that had in stock and simply went in, found it and paid for it. Can?t wait to put it on.

I have been CDing in a different way for decades but I changed my habits and motivation in recent years. I am almost 60 now.
    I do it to appreciate my femininity itself and for self-accomplishment.
    I used to buy and wear regular female clothes rather than those arousing.

My urge to dress and also my urge to transition gets much stronger with age. Unfortunately, my life and my body make it much more difficult.

Much more the last few years. Sometimes regretting that I didn?t do more when I was younger and prettier-but I didn?t, so working with what I am with the time I have left.

I am so much happier now.