Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hobby or life style? Crossdressing is what to you?

Hobby or life style? Crossdressing is what to you?

There of course is no right or wrong way to be a crossdresser..
    I know some here call it a hobby.
    Is it a hobby because of time restraints?
    I have read from others it is a distraction from their regular life.
    It relaxes them .
    With my Sherlyn it just was who she was.
    Each crossdresser has a unique experience and view.
    How do you view crossdressing in your life ?
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Both for me, Di.

My lifestyle: I spend most of my socializing time out dressed at T friendly clubs, bars, and events.

Hobby: I spend most of my alone time planning and filming adventures and twisted, kinky stories featuring Sherry as the heroine or downtrodden dupe!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    Over the years, I have sometimes tried to justify my desire (and preference) to dress as a woman as a hobby or harmless kink. . I am not sure I would consider it a lifestyle either. I am thinking clearly and being honest with myself, the need is a part of who I am, and has been rooted deeply within me since my earliest recollections.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Since I do it very infrequently, it may seem like a hobby. But no hobby gives me the same thrills (the closest is deep scuba diving), so it's clear there is something deeper.

For me i call it a hobby. I do not feel I should have been born a woman. I have a great life as it stands now.

But it is a good distraction for me to let loose and doll up on occasion. My wife thinks I am nuts to do it. But I very much enjoy my Natalie time. I get a big thrill at the woman looking back at me in the mirror.

Plus I have been drawing to dressing even as a young person, so I will continue to work it.

Today I have my first pair of tights on vs my normal pantyhose. Wow what a different feeling this is.
    Last edited by Natalie5004; 02-15-2024 at 02:52 PM.

Hobby for me in fact its my favorite hobby!

A good question to consider.

Looking back, when I was single and able to do it everyday, I did not. After getting married (and keeping it hidden) is was infrequent and dependent on when she was gone from the house for extended times.

Was it a hobby? I certainly loved doing it but the word hobby seems inappropriate because I could not do it whenever I wanted. I could live without doing my hobbies, but not doing or thinking about CDing is not an option. On the other hand, life style, in my case, does not seem to fit either.

It's a part of my life that's desired and a necessity, so maybe it's a part-time life style and more than a hobby?

HI Di. iwood say mostly lifestyle for me with some hobie two. After retiring it cand of pink fog took over me . life is to short to not enjoy!!! Doven

This is how I am. Wearing a dress and heels is as normal to me as jeans and t-shirt. As I get older the women's clothing get a lot more wear.

Aspiring Member
    It's more than a hobby, but less than a lifestyle.
    Sara

When I am dressed enfemme, I am my happiest. When I am not dressed I am thinking about it! It is always there in someway so maybe a lifestyle.

Hi Di,

Lump me into the group who consider it more than a hobby but less than a lifestyle.

There are certainly elements which resemble a hobby. I tend to get carried away with shopping for true hobbies as well as for dressing up. Either can be an obsession.

I think the difference for me is that my hobbies are a kind of creative outlet but without the emotional connection that crossdressing has. Crossdressing has a very complex interaction with my brain that a hobby will never have.

I do feel my troubles melt away when I go out. That distraction has some benefits but does not come without risk.

I consider myself quite lucky to have been able to experience going out many times, while having great acceptance and interactions with others.

Sandi

For me it is just something that I have always done. Since my divorce 15 years ago I dress more although only go out on a drive at night in the colder months. I enjoy it. As some others have said its just feels right. I don't want to be 24/7. I dress enough to satisfy my want to dress.

Dresses are my go to clothing except for wearing trousers on an occasional basis. And for formal wear I add nail varnish (polish), makeup, and heels. So I would say free styling (cross dressing) is a lifestyle for me. And you can guess from my signature block I do not have a feminine persona.

John
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Di,

I live full time as a woman so it is just basically my life.
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

It was a hobby, until my retirement. It?s now my life style, as I dress, including makeup, daily.
    And am very happy.

I love hearing about everyone’s life.
    Thanks for sharing with me everyone.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

I like to be pretty Joanne Curl's Avatar
    It’s definitely not a hobby for me, it’s much more than that. It’s who I am. Even though I don’t get to dress as Joanne often, it’s always part of me. I just don’t get to experience as much as l would like to.

It's not a hobby for me. I guess it could be called a lifestyle, but it's a lifestyle that expresses my identity. Like you say about Sherlyn, it's just who i am. I'm still dealing with the evolution of my taste vs what i allow the world to see.

Now the shopping... that's the hobby part. The thrill of the hunt.
    Last edited by Bea_; 02-15-2024 at 09:38 PM.

Once upon a time... Veronica Lacey's Avatar
    While my wife knows of and accepts that I dress in women's clothing the trade off is that it is done on my own private time and not to be seen by her. It's amicable.

Given this arrangement I currently regard my penchant for wearing femme attire primarily as a hobby. To add to the fun of this hobby I also shop online in private although never with her assistance (nor interest). I'd love to share some of my finds with her and why I like them but it's agreed that I don't.

Should my wife ever warm to me wearing what I wish, as I wish, then perhaps it all might morph closer to being a lifestyle. I feel rather comfortable and normal wearing panties, bras, heels, dresses, blouses and skirts (and then some) in everyday living at home yet cannot imagine doing so 24/7/365. I am happy being a male that enjoys wearing more than just stereotypical male garb.

As I have no interest in dressing in public perhaps dressing could never amount to a lifestyle yet it certainly feels like a part of me.
    Part-time crossdresser, full-time human

Thanks for starting this thread Di, It will definitely be interesting to hear everyone views..

For me it was just like a hobby for a while, Working and life certainly got in the way.
    Now as I have gotten more comfortable with myself I find that this is really part of me
    that I just need to accept. When I am home it is full on Raychel time. If I have to go out
    somewhere, then I have to turn back to guy mode, I find that I really dont like that mode all that much

No longer a hobby, Now just part of who I am.

Thanks again for the thread.
    Last edited by Raychel; 02-15-2024 at 11:23 PM.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

It might have been a hobby 10 years ago for me but as time has gone on it?s actually turned into a lifestyle for me. One I got tire of hiding this side of me and I?ve gotten myself refined as far as makeup and such I can do my face in no longer than 20 minutes. I?d say the typical genuine GG can do that herself daily. They?ve been doing it all their life so it?s second nature to them. I as I?ve stated before have gone to 24/7/365 lifestyle and I?m comfortable with myself. A nice thing is people around me show me the respect I think they should. I am polite and respectful to them and get the same from them. Like today I went to see my physician and everyone in their office calls me Michaela or mam and always making comments on either what I?m wearing or shoes etc. Today it was my shoes, I purchased a new pair of 3? heel booties. Several have commented on them, even when I went to the pharmacy to pick up my scripts the day before.

Good thread to clarify the diversity or spectrum of members and posters here.

Personally I would classify it as a hobby, but a solitary one that I can only share with this community and no one else. Though my wife is aware, and somewhat tolerant, she certainly isn?t happy about it. Due to my love for her and to avoid the potential pain it would cause her, it is just a hobby for me at home only.

I don?t have any desire to live my life as a woman, and have always been completely comfortable and happy with my gender and my life, but I have also always enjoyed the feeling and look in the mirror of wearing women?s clothes. It has only been in the last 2 years that I added my own clothes, forms, shoes, wigs, and very very rarely makeup (hence still not very proficient or proud of the makeup results). Prior to joining this forum, I never even entertained the thought of being in public, but reading about it and thinking about it seems fun. The thing that I would most enjoy is shopping en Femme and being able to try on so many things for free. However, reality says it still likely will never happen, so I just enjoy living through others? stories and posts.

Thus just a hobby and like any hobby you ramp up your equipment and investment over time. I can?t envision it ever going away, but because I don?t want family or friends to be aware it will always just be a hobby.
    Last edited by Mary Loo; 02-19-2024 at 01:05 AM.

It's what I do to whatever extent I can at the time. If I could be 100% dressed 100% of the time, I would. That would make it a lifestyle, I think. But, I can't so I don't. So, I guess that makes it a hobby.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

It is who I am. I can't change and have dressed as much as time constraints permit all my life. I started before grade school with panties and girdle, and it grew from there. It will be fine with me if you want to call it either or for me as I have never really attached a label on what I do. Di, as you stated, it is just who I am.