Thread: Slight Serendipity

Slight Serendipity

Lately, I've been reflecting on past moments of slight serendipity. This one happened in my early 50's.

I had found a nice casual black dress at Kohls with white polka dots that fitted me very nicely and kind of gave me the appearance of having some hips the way it flared a little from the waist. I simply loved it, and it was a go to dress when I wanted to feel relaxed.

One day in male mode, I was sitting in a coffee shop and a young couple, maybe 20 years old, came walking in. Of course, the young lady had the same exact dress on, and I marveled at how good she looked in it and that this attractive young lady and myself shared the same taste in dresses. Just made my day and such a sweet random moment.

I thought it would be funny to approach her and say something like, "nice dress, I think it looks better on you than me" but I did not have the courage to do that. Afterwards, I always thought of this young lady and how good she looked in it whenever I wore that dress and I liked it even more. It looked similar to this dress:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Chiffon; 03-11-2024 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Quotaions incorrect

Platinum Member
    Hi Chiffon , See Line #4 in my Signature, >Orchid**OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Yep, when you see a GG wearing something you have and it looks good on her you think I'm making the right choices.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I think saying something like that would have gone WAYYYY beyond creepy

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I can't recall ever seeing a GG wearing anything I was wearing. However, if they're wearing something similar?

I usually look hotter!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I once saw a young lady wearing a dress that I had been looking at on Amazon, and she looked amazing in it. (I have 3 other dresses from the same collection in different prints and they're my favorites) I too, considered saying something to her about it, but couldn't imagine a way to say anything that wouldn't have sounded creepy AF.

Hello Chiffon.
    I think you would have been fine just saying something like "Nice dress" and leaving it there if there was no interaction. I have found that other women like to get and give positive comments.

Philippa Jane

I was out shopping last summer at the Mall with my gg friend, we called in a bar for a glass of refeshment, we sat down and on the next table was a women with exactly the same dress on as me from Matalan !!!!!, I must say it looked way better on me, lol

Quote Originally Posted by audreyinalbany View Post
    I think saying something like that would have gone WAYYYY beyond creepy
    I agree, creepy.

I remember one time buying a sweet looking peach colored nightgown and some assorted panties at Kohls (I must like that place) and the young male cashier said something like, "looks like you found everything okay and it's just your color." That caught me off guard as I'm always very nervous when buying. Somehow, without thinking, I just chuckled and replied, "yes it is my color". I owned the moment and nothing more of consequence was said. But in our society comments from young people to old people are not creepy. If I was the cashier and said that to a lady buying that nightgown, that would be creepy I suppose, yet a double standard such as it is.

It is pretty. QVC was just selling one similar (it had 3 different size white dots on Navy Blue) last night.
    The Fit-N-Flair style is always flattering to those of us who have no hips. (Guilty).

Funny how something like seeing a woman wear a dress we own is both rewarding, that we have good taste, and disheartening that we don't show it as well. I suppose the majority of women feel that way so that's a plus.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Last year, I spotted a form-fitting, scuba-style Calvin Klein dress in a very feminine dusty rose color that was to die for while out shopping, and I knew I had to have it. I waited patiently for it to go on sale, and when it did, I pounced.

Imagine my surprise when a few weeks later, I saw the weather girl on my local television station wearing the exact same dress.

Since weather girls and news anchors seem to be about the only women these days who still wear dresses to present a more professional image, I was doubly flattered by her choice given her usual excellent fashion sense.

Once while walking into a building, I noticed a lady ahead of me wearing a dress that is very similar to a dress that I own. I was looking at how she made it work with her shoes, etc.
    We got onto the same elevator. She was roughly my age. I was in menswear.
    I said, “I probably shouldn’t say this, but here goes. I am a crossdresser and I own a very similar dress."
    She smiled warmly, laughed, looked down at her dress and then to me. She said, "Then, you have excellent tastes!"
    A short, friendly conversation followed, and then it was my floor to get off the elevator. I wished her well and told her that she looked great.
    I'm glad I spoke up to her.

https://joeypress.wordpress.com/2019...ldnt-say-this/
    I am a man who presents male and wears feminine clothes.
    I blog about my outings: https://joeypress.wordpress.com/

I LOVE that dress! It is a classic for sure!

Shoes glorious shoes rachellegsep's Avatar
    Its on my list of dresses to get. The brown version was made iconic by Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman.
    In search of muliebrity

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]