Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The dreaded traffic stop

Nancy44; WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

To the point of being pulled over; I get that it's really stressful. I remember seeing a COPS episode from many, many years ago and the cops were ridiculing someone who was crossdressed. Really unprofessional.

On the flip side; if the 'worst' thing a cop encounters in any given year is someone crossdressed, they've had an incredibly good/lucky year. They're probably thankful it was so easy to work with you.

There are things you can do to make a cop's life easier, and thus likely make it easier for you. I'm not an expert, but these are things I've learned to do and have done:
    • If you're on a busy road, and there's a very nearby not busy road to pull off onto and pull over, slow down to get there and take it. Pull over immediately after making the turn. A less busy road is less dangerous for a cop.
    • Turn off your car, put your hazards on. An off car isn't going to suddenly peel off.
    • Have your window rolled down when they approach.
    • Keep your hands in plain sight. Standard position on the steering wheel (10 and 2 o'clock) or on the door/out the window both work well. It's less scary for a cop if they can see your hands.
    • If it's nighttime, turn on your interior lights so the cop can easily see into the car. Otherwise, they can be more on edge wondering if there's a weapon.
    • Be polite and agreeable. You never have to admit to anything or talk with them much (more on that in a moment) but you can be very polite.
    • Don't make any moves, especially with your hands, without them directing you to do so (such as being asked for your license and registration).

On a more serious note; DO NOT TALK TO THE POLICE beyond what is necessary. Don't believe me? Watch (video quality is low, but it's the audio content that matters): https://youtu.be/d-7o9xYp7eE?si=N1TNtxD4_0AVqpV0
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 03-25-2024 at 03:35 AM. Reason: Rules prohibit any discussion of firearms, including videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    Kim,
    My heart rate never moved. I was more concerned with the potential expense and a bit mad at myself for getting caught...LOL.

Andrea,
    I never saw that episode or at least I don't remember it. I'll have to find it and show it to my wife. She'll get a laugh out of it. Now if Barney had only been in drag.
    Season 4, Episode 11. Citizen's Arrest. My wife and I watch reruns regularly. And, of course, Barney cross dresses in many episodes. I've often thought of asking my wife why most people get a kick out of characters on TV or the big screen cross dressing yet are critical of those of us who do so in real life. But, common sense takes over and I never ask the question.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

I think my head knows that if I had any interactions with the police while dressed then they'd behave professionally (in the UK). My heart however would definitely be pounding the first time!
    Love to read stories of where everything went well!

I have not been pulled over yet but have interacted with cops 3 or 4 times in asking for directions or about parking rules. I have never had a problem, the police here in the NY metro area have seen it all and talking to a trans woman is no big deal.
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

One advantage of where I live is you have to really try to get a ticket around here. We have 2 stop signs on Main Street and the nearest traffic light is a 45 minute drive. Another advantage is I can walk in the forest en femme without leaving my property!

I learned my lesson that it's best just to pull over at the early age of 17 when I stupidly tried to shed the femineity I was in whilst slowly ignoring the blue lights. That did not end well at all and even further outed my transvestism at school. Since that lesson I've been pulled over three and two times I was left with a warning, the last time I was told I shouldn't be driving and if I did I would end up in jail where I knew what would happen to me dressed like I was. A very nice Vietnamese girl working at the gas station I'd been pulled over at talked her sister into following us to my home while she drove my truck home. She did this kind gesture in pouring down rain. She was very accepting of my crossdressing but said it was strictly forbidden in her home town. I regret not pursuing her as a girlfriend as she was so nice and beautiful beyond description. I went back weeks later and found out she'd been deported for not having the proper documentation. I often wonder how my life would have been had she became Mrs. Desiree.

We were in a town that had signs that said "NO J TURNS" I think it means what???
    J turn sign.jpg

In my early days when my clothes were all rescued from the jumble sale bag so nt the best of fits and usually a bit out of fashion, I'd go for drives under the cover of darkness.

One such time I got pulled over and I don't mind admitting that I was scared witless. Rabbit in headlights sort of thing. However the cop was polite, just wanted to know what I was doing out that time of night, that sort of thing, all good and sent on my way.

Now years later, having gained a much better wardrobe and certainly a huge amount of confidence from my time out and about, in some ways I'd like to be stopped while enfemme to see just how I'd be dealt with all these years later. Look, I'm not going to drive like a loon or drink drive to attract attention but I know from my side, any interaction would be calmer and far less fraught.

I also suspect from the old bill's side, it'd be pretty much a routine non event. I think the only thing that would faze me is if it turned out to be one of those where the cops were being filmed for one of those chase me, catch me reality TV shows. I don't think I'm that ready for my 15 minutes of fame while enfemme just yet. Certainly face pixilated out would be the order of the day.

Never heard the term J-turn but did find this.
    I don't think I will be trying this anytime soon, especially in town.

A J-turn is a driving maneuver in which a reversing vehicle is spun 180 degrees and continues, facing forward, without changing direction of travel. The J-turn is also called a "moonshiner's turn" (from the evasive driving tactics used by bootleggers), a "reverse 180", a reverse flick, a "Rockford Turn", a "Rockford Spin",
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

If I was dressed like you were and looked like you do I don't think I would have had a problem, you were dressed very conservative and well put together. I only had a few experiences and they were both spot checks, the problem with the first time was I was only dressed from the waist down, I remember when it happened I had just joined this community and was starting to gain signs of confidence. When the policeman looked down and was just frozen there for a second, for the first time in my life I told him that I was a crossdresser. I was more nervous and scared only because I was dressed only from the waist down almost looking like a pervert, stockings out and trying so hard to pull down that mini skirt down. He told me there was a missing child and they were checking all the cars and told me to have a nice day. The second time was a spot check for drunk drivers, I did see a little awkward look on the officers face when he approached me, but then was very professional and just asked me if I was drinking and sent me on my way. I was much more calm then because I was fully dressed.